Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I'm going to the game tomorrow so if it doesnt by then so I can celebrate properly then he might aswell not even bother!

:wink:
  • It’s not him - and a good job too....what kind of weirdo wears a watch on their right hand?

I'm left handed, so me, I guess.
  • Also, this news has got me Zabeeling pretty good this morning.

Even if it's not true or falls through, imagining us with mega money is quite a nice daydream.
  • edited September 2018
    "Lieven De Turck has has been representing Charlton in recent takeover talks with an Australian consortium, and supporters’ groups are angry that Duchatelet will dodge the meeting, although manager Lee Bowyer has said the club could be sold in the next week.

Bowyer, who was named as Duchatelet’s ninth permanent manager yesterday after six months in a caretaker role, told Standard Sport: “I spoke to him [Duchatelet] and he did mention the takeover. His words were, ‘It could happen within the next week but I’ve been thinking that for a long time’. It will get done."
  • Feel like Bowyer is being a bit naive with his "If it aint broke, dont fix it" comment

It'll be frustrating if Bowyer is replaced as Manager when a takeover happens as think he's doing a good job but there have been plenty of examples of new owners (good and bad) wanting their own man in charge once everything is complete
  • PaddyP17 said:

It’s not him - and a good job too....what kind of weirdo wears a watch on their right hand?

I'm left handed but always wear my watch on my left.
  • J BLOCK said:

"Lieven De Turck has has been representing Charlton in recent takeover talks with an Australian consortium, and supporters’ groups are angry that Duchatelet will dodge the meeting, although manager Lee Bowyer has said the club could be sold in the next week.

Bowyer, who was named as Duchatelet’s ninth permanent manager yesterday after six months in a caretaker role, told Standard Sport: “I spoke to him [Duchatelet] and he did mention the takeover. His words were, ‘It could happen within the next week but I’ve been thinking that for a long time’. It will get done."

That sounds like Aussies still.

• edited September 2018
    PaddyP17 said:

It’s not him - and a good job too....what kind of weirdo wears a watch on their right hand?

Me too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bowyer talks about the new owner singular then later ‘them’ clear as mud
  • edited September 2018

J BLOCK said:

I could win the lottery tomorrow

I could grow an extra 3 inches on my cory overnight

I could go on....
    If I could step in here, there was a slot on Radio 5 yesterday about penile extension and the most someone can get is between 1 and 2.5 cm so I think you’re being a little optimistic with 3inches
  • Time for a celebratory G&T - only my tenth of the day!<b

• Meant to say Lightweight :wink:
  • At the very least, this news could get the Aussies moving.
  • I am sure others will know, but is it entirely out the question that Usmanov could join with the Australians?
  • Sponsored links:

• Feel like Bowyer is being a bit naive with his "If it aint broke, dont fix it" comment

It'll be frustrating if Bowyer is replaced as Manager when a takeover happens as think he's doing a good job but there have been plenty of examples of new owners (good and bad) wanting their own man in charge once everything is complete
    Yes, Usmanov will probably bring in Zidane
  • Meant to say Lightweight :wink:

I didn’t mention the 5 pints and 5 Mohitos.

• PaddyP17 said:

I'm left handed but always wear my watch on my left.
    Weird Unique.
  • As others have pointed out, knowing Charlton's luck Usmanov will have all his assets in the UK frozen as part of the Novichok poisoning row....

• edited September 2018
    limeygent said:

At the very least, this news could get the Aussies moving.

If it was a choice between the 2 (and I'm not saying it is), I know where my vote would go.
  • masicat said:

masicat said:

one thing is clear, if it happens, Bowyer will be gone.

How is that at all clear? Moroccan boss coming in?
    No that was Abel Taarabt (sic) now playing for Genoa.
    What’s with the flag.....he ain’t Russian?
  • masicat said:

masicat said:

one thing is clear, if it happens, Bowyer will be gone.

How is that at all clear? Moroccan boss coming in?
    No that was Abel Taarabt (sic) now playing for Genoa.
    What’s with the flag.....he ain’t Russian?
    No ..................................... looks like he's taking things pretty leisurely to me !!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!