Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• What is Cawley saying?
  • edited September 2018

Id be very surprised but are we sure this isnt the Middle Eastern that @RedHenry has been hinting at for months?

I know he said they were Saudi but may have got the Nation wrong seeing he said we'd know the person if the name was put in public domain, i.e. Not many Saudis out there that Id recognise by name to be honest

An interesting take on the situation especially as the Aussies came in for a lot of flack for allegedly outbidding Fawaz Al Hasawi if he is the prospective new owner :open_mouth: .
  • Scoham said:
    First interesting post of the month award right there
  • Fumbluff said:

Scoham said:
    But cryptic isn’t it or am I missing something here?
  • Fumbluff said:

Scoham said:
    It’s to show they were American as the Aussies prefer their beer holders “down under”
  • Fumbluff said:

Scoham said:
    Yes, it's a joke in response to this:

• Wouldn’t be too worried. Aussie Muir was pictured at the valley too, even with scarfy, and still nothing happened
  • If Fawaz buys us do we get Billy Davies as manager?
  • Sponsored links:

• I’m prepared to give him a chance! Get of round and see how it goes

A lot of us said this about RD when Standard fans warned us. I’m not sure the EFL can pass this bloke there is a lot of attention on them at the moment.
    He's already passed the test to own Forest and unless there are criminal convictions, bankruptcies etc he'll pass with flying colours.
  • Leuth said:

Taking the criticism with a giant pinch of massive-club-itis and an even gianter pinch of casual Islamophobia

Islamiphobia? Wtf lol
    To be fair a forest fan on twitter said to wrap ourselves in bacon and chain ourselves to the gates... easily could be seen as Islamophobic. Or just stupid.
  • Ok boring stuff I was told a few years back when he was at forest interviewing someone to work for him , this is third hand .
    He was very eager to get the prospective employee to guess how many Ferrari’s he had , think he had 30 or something ridiculous.
    He gets a budget of £10m (think that was the number) a month from his family and was happy to spunk a mill a month on forest .

• Redhenry said:

Id be very surprised but are we sure this isnt the Middle Eastern that @RedHenry has been hinting at for months?

I know he said they were Saudi but may have got the Nation wrong seeing he said we'd know the person if the name was put in public domain, i.e. Not many Saudis out there that Id recognise by name to be honest

It wasn't this lot. It was a very important Saudi
    Who I take it is now completely out of the picture.
  • edited September 2018
    It sounds like Fawaz is RD's twin brother.

However, he didn't get Forest relegated and I don't recall Forest's supporters boycotting.

So surely he can't be quite as bad ?
  • edited September 2018
    Redhenry said:

Probably my favourite Saudi...

Abdullah bin Musa’ed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud....
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Who I take it is now completely out of the picture.
    No idea, but I guess so
  • Roland's Revenge
  • If he takes over I reckon he will turn up to matches more often than Duchatelet.
  • Agreed, we've got to be open minded at this stage.
  • cfgs said:

Bin Laden, but he is rather dead.
    The family business Bin Laden Group is a major Saudi engineering/construction conglomerate (though the nature of Saudi business means they have cash problems quickly - in the last year the Crown Prince was withholding payments and they were in serious trouble).

I did jokingly suggest them as possible owners way back when Saudi interest was first mentioned....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!