Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Very much open minded.

Let’s be honest - it wouldn’t be Charlton if it were done in a straightforward manner
  • Which ever way you look. Despair.
  • Hard to say.
    I remember at the time he took over that the media were likening it to the Man city level of things. It was around 4 years after so now doubt The forest fans would have got washed up in it all and when it started to turn a bit sour they felt aggreived.
    I haven't read enough about the complete goings on. It does sound as though he at least took a vested interest in the day to day runnings of the club. Whether that was an ego thing, he was on the fiddle or just genuinely interested I don't know.
    He sounds like someone who had a bit of direction and was trying to make a go of it.

Compare that to a man who bought into football without having an iota of interest in it.
  • Just look at the quantity of those Forest comments and the amount of absolutely unabated vitriol. Not to mention the heartfelt comments from those who really, genuinely fear for us.

Just the same as Liege with Roland, yet we were so desperate in 2014 that a tonne of us were just "Yeah, but..." and scratched around for a positive spin that ultimately never existed. I see we're already doing that again, ignoring the mountains of evidence right in front of our eyes. Did we learn anything?

I hope I'm wrong, and that if he comes in he appoints Varney and Paul Elliot to manage the club while he pumps in the cash, hands-off from Kuwait. But the evidence suggests otherwise and I'm surprised people are already doing the blinkered optimism thing of 2014. Forest fans are a sensible lot.

Just because Roland turned out the way he didn’t doesn’t mean that being initially cautious was the wrong approach back then and for me, the same applies now.

I see the similarities too and it could be another long and bumpy ride on the horizon but I’m willing to give him a chance to see what lessons have been learned.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll get my coat.
  • OH DEAR ,
    this is very bad news; Roland/Hasawi ;flip a coin?
  • Im not liking this hope its not true
  • Just look at the quantity of those Forest comments and the amount of absolutely unabated vitriol. Not to mention the heartfelt comments from those who really, genuinely fear for us.

Just the same as Liege with Roland, yet we were so desperate in 2014 that a tonne of us were just "Yeah, but..." and scratched around for a positive spin that ultimately never existed. I see we're already doing that again, ignoring the mountains of evidence right in front of our eyes. Did we learn anything?

I hope I'm wrong, and that if he comes in he appoints Varney and Paul Elliot to manage the club while he pumps in the cash, hands-off from Kuwait. But the evidence suggests otherwise and I'm surprised people are already doing the blinkered optimism thing of 2014. Forest fans are a sensible lot.

I don't think anyone here is showing blinkered optimism. I think the consideration isn't whether he's the owner we want, but whether he would be better or worse than Roland.
    To be honest those things sound less bad than what Roland's done to us. NOTHING compares to Karel Fraeye for instance, or the bizarre network signings.
  • It's just so he doesn't have to learn a new song isn't it???????

For feck sake.

We're fecking doomed.
  • edited September 2018
    Laddick01 said:

This happens I’m done

Me too. No "trial period," no "let's see what happens." Nothing.

I am not wasting one second if he is the owner. Life is just too short.
  • I like him.
  • I'm remaining open minded. It can't be as bad as the last four years, can it? If he invests in the team and listens to, and acts upon, what the customers have to say, it might not be such a bad thing ... MIGHT Success on the pitch is key to getting the floaters back through the door, IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• By the way I'd prefer a single owner than any consortium.

Beyond that and them being mega wealthy and willing to spend, oh and not related to Roland either genetically or in a business sense.

I have no other requirements. :lol:
  • Dazzler21 said:

The funny thing about all of these tweets is none of them know what life with Roland has been like.

What were NFFC's league table finishes with him in charge? Any relegations?

Did he stop supplying the youth team with Food and Water?

Did he sell any sign of academy talent at the first opportunity?

I think this is very much a case of "we have been warned". I'm not saying he'll be a disaster and the guy may well have learnt his lesson from his time at Forest, but the warning signs are there. Loads of undeclared bills, no CEO, FCO, scout network etc. Paying people late, interfering in team selection, jobs at the club for his mates.

Even if, as you rightly say, they didn't get relegated, you surely have to admit that it's not exactly a ringing endorsement.
  • Nat Jackson's Growler

Is that a Nottingham punk band?
  • So for the most part: sacking managers too quickly and selling players from under the manager’s nose?

The Warnock story sounds very much like our interaction with Wilder a couple of years ago.
    Didn't he also force a Kuwaiti keeper into the team? He's another Roland, no thanks. If the EFL have got anything about them they'll keep this bloke out of football.
  • So for the most part: sacking managers too quickly and selling players from under the manager’s nose?

The Warnock story sounds very much like our interaction with Wilder a couple of years ago.
    Didn't he also force a Kuwaiti keeper into the team? He's another Roland, no thanks. If the EFL have got anything about them they'll keep this bloke out of football.
    Their Thuram

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaled_Al-Rashidi
  • Scoham said:

So for the most part: sacking managers too quickly and selling players from under the manager’s nose?

Their Thuram

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khaled_Al-Rashidi
    That's the one. He's another Roland, possibly worse. We need to stear will clear.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!