Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CAFAH doesn't have the same ring to it as CARD
  • oldbloke said:

CAFAH doesn't have the same ring to it as CARD

He was a decent right back though.
  • edited September 2018
    LouisMend said:

RedChaser said:

I can't find the post but I thought I read that the photo of Fawaz looking out over the Valley from the centre circle hospitality suite was taken on Monday with De Truck man in the background? Doesn't mean to say it wasn't him but the latter only works Tuesdsys to Thursdays. WIOTOS

Fawaz was 100% at The Valley yesterday (Wednesday)
    FAWAZ WOZ ERE
  • My view and it is pure speculation.

The Aussies have a bit on the table. It's some way off RD's asking price but they aren't going to up it. They are happy to sit and wait for him to come down to them.

In the meantime there are no other concrete bids. RD or actually his man (Van Truck) is madly searching round for anyone who has money and an interest in football - in the hope one will offer a higher bid. I imagine a few probably take up the offer of a free tour of the valley etc. Doesn't necessarily mean serious interest.

One of 2 things will happen. Someone will come in and offer a higher price - RD will bite their hand off for it. Or no one will come in and Roland will eventually lower his price and accept the Aussie bid.

If that's the case they should give Varney a call.
  • At least this guy doesn't sell all the best players and actually shells out on signings plus wants to get to the Premier League. Complete opposite to Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• kenhem said:

LouisMend said:
    I remember the good old days when a takeover rumour lasted months, now we're lucky if they last a day.

If Fawaz comes up with the readies I don’t think Roland will give two hoots about the NDA being broken.

• edited September 2018
    Seems like his head and heart were in the right place, but needed guidance on getting the backroom structure right.

Seemed to be a bit delusional in that respect.
  • SE9 said:

He won’t be buying it. Won’t pay the £50 million plus all debts. Roland apparently said he still wants a say in the training ground too after he has sold it.

Oh did he......I don’t remember him saying that?
    Source please.
  • LouisMend said:

RedChaser said:

I can't find the post but I thought I read that the photo of Fawaz looking out over the Valley from the centre circle hospitality suite was taken on Monday with De Truck man in the background? Doesn't mean to say it wasn't him but the latter only works Tuesdsys to Thursdays. WIOTOS

Fawaz was 100% at The Valley yesterday (Wednesday)
    Hope they cleaned off the pigeon shit on the West Stand staircases.
  • To steal a line from a former member of this parish...

"The Valley must be built on an Old Indian Burial Ground".
  • MrLargo said:

This bloke is exactly the sort of idiot that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club but will undoubtedly fly through the Football League's tests.

Shocked by those of you slating the Forest fans and trying to put a positive spin on Fawaz. This bloke would be a tiny step up from Roland - less of a c$%t so just the ineptitude to contend with.

Depressing.

Haven’t seen anyone ‘slating’ the Forest fans..... a few questioning their voracity maybe.....but no one actually ‘slating’ them as you describe it.
  • edited September 2018

MrLargo said:

This bloke is exactly the sort of idiot that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club but will undoubtedly fly through the Football League's tests.

Shocked by those of you slating the Forest fans and trying to put a positive spin on Fawaz. This bloke would be a tiny step up from Roland - less of a c$%t so just the ineptitude to contend with.

Depressing.

Haven’t seen anyone ‘slating’ the Forest fans..... a few questioning their voracity maybe.....but no one actually ‘slating’ them as you describe it.
    Apart the public schoolboy calling them all islamophobic in the same way he accused critics of Sarr of being racially motivated.
  • The Charlton soap opera continues:
    With Fawaz showing up at the valley, i can't see the wood for the trees.
  • Sponsored links:

• he must fucking love the song
  • edited September 2018

###
  • edited September 2018

The advantage of having such a wealthy owner is that we won't have to sell our best young players on the cheap.

It's what he was notorious for at Forest. Even when he didn't need too, and almost always at a cut price. That was every bodies frustration. If there was money on the table, a player would almost always go.

And with no background structure, he did as he felt and no doubt in my mind, all his sidekicks would agree with everything he said so make the decision easy for him.

Lots of knee jerk decisions made that wouldn't have been made with a proper boardroom structure.
  • We are but flotsam and jetsam.
  • Oliver Burke for £13m sounds a good deal now, when you consider how little he's played since returning to the UK from Leipzig
  • Oliver Burke for £13m sounds a good deal now, when you consider how little he's played since returning to the UK from Leipzig

Depends how much the club actually saw of it though and if any of it was invested into the playing side. £11m for Lookman was a good deal but how much went on players?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!