Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Oliver Burke for £13m sounds a good deal now, when you consider how little he's played since returning to the UK from Leipzig

On paper it's decent. Problem is, he was head and shoulders our best player already, he started the season on fire and with no sell on clause and no replacement the season almost turned into relegation.

We replaced him with Lica from Porto for £300k (who never got played) and Nicolao Dumitru on loan from Napoli (who turned out to be our worst player ever - no exaggeration, I can't believe he's played so many games of football).

The money recieved was used so he didn't have to invest anymore money.
  • All things considered, I think the lad Fawaz was worth a punt - #teamfawaz

You're one of the most vocal anti-Aussie posters on here, but would be happy to take a punt on someone who has been a proven failure in English football?
  • MrLargo said:

This bloke is exactly the sort of idiot that shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football club but will undoubtedly fly through the Football League's tests.

Shocked by those of you slating the Forest fans and trying to put a positive spin on Fawaz. This bloke would be a tiny step up from Roland - less of a c$%t so just the ineptitude to contend with.

Depressing.

Haven’t seen anyone ‘slating’ the Forest fans..... a few questioning their voracity maybe.....but no one actually ‘slating’ them as you describe it.
    Apart the public schoolboy calling them all islamophobic in the same way he accused critics of Sarr of being racially motivated.
    Did I miss the post where someone called all Forest fans Islamophobic? There was certainly one Islamophobic comment made by a Forest fan when suggesting how Charlton fans should protest. But just one out of many comments is a tiny proportion. I'm surprised if anyone suggested they're all Islamophobic.

Also, how do you justify calling out the school someone went to? Is there an explanation for that?
  • Is it blowing an NDA by uploading a picture of you in a directors box?

What if it's actually Omar buying?
  • Thanks for the input @forest144 , much appreciated.

I didn't want to be too negative and just read it back!

It could have ended up differently at Forest, he did have bad luck at times and he had the financial clout to get us to the Prem but it never happened and after the third year there was no going back.
  • Croydon said:

All things considered, I think the lad Fawaz was worth a punt - #teamfawaz

You're one of the most vocal anti-Aussie posters on here, but would be happy to take a punt on someone who has been a proven failure in English football?
    I genuinely don't think he'd enter football again to make the same mistakes as he did before and after what he's said about learning from them, and also getting the right people in to run things, all things considered, I'd choose Him over the Aussie consortium all day.

• Has anybody postulated that he might be considering becoming part of the Aussie consortium ?
  • Sponsored links:

• An elaborate ploy concocted by Van Truck and Duchatelet to make Usmanov jealous and for him to jump ahead of the queue with a £6.7 billion bid.

The Aussies will then react with an offer of £6.7,000,000,000.01.

Subsequent negotiations end up with the club being sold for £9 billion to a partnership of Dave Berry and Bjorn Borg but with Roland keeping the training ground and the rights to the water supply there.

Have said before, Roland is a genius.
  • edited September 2018
    forest144 said:

Thanks for the input @forest144 , much appreciated.

It could have ended up differently at Forest, he did have bad luck at times and he had the financial clout to get us to the Prem but it never happened and after the third year there was no going back.
    It looked like in the final two years things fell apart for Fawaz at NFFC.

Since he sold up and this Greek fella came in, it looks like you finished last season in 17th... A very slight improvement and then this season you're currently in 14th... an admirable improvement.

In the Fawaz years you finished as follows:
    16/17 in 19th (A league above us)
    15/16 in 16th (15 Points ahead of us)
    14/15 in 14th (1 point behind us & our only decent year under Duchatelet)
    13/14 in 13th (14 FOURTEEN points ahead of us)
    12/13 in 8th (two points ahead of us) The O'driscoll sacking was just bizarre.

I think you had a rough ride with him but don't think you understand just how bad Roland is.

Since being relegated Roland continued a reign of terror when he gutted the club and left us scraping a 'top of the bottom half' 13th and then we made the play offs last season, but Roland didn't fund the strength in depth required to get us over the line.

Roland has been spiteful and destructive since he came in and that has taken us from being in the fight for Championship play offs to fighting to stay in the top half of League One... Fawaz saw he could do no more, you needed a new owner and sold you within a year.

Ours is clinging on out of spiteful delusion, like a bit of shit clinging to a clump of bum hair.

We have been trying to sell for over a year apparently and looked further than ever until this and the last rumour.

We're having to now go through the pain of ripping those bum hairs out and praying for a marginally less shit owner to bring us back to where we could and should be under any other owner... Even Fawaz
  • Dazzler21 said:

forest144 said:

Since he sold up and this Greek fella came in, it looks like you finished last season in 17th... A very slight improvement and then this season you're currently in 14th... an admirable improvement.

I think you had a rough ride with him but don't think you understand just how bad Roland is.

Since being relegated Roland continued a reign of terror when he gutted the club and left us scraping a 'top of the bottom half' 13th and then we made the play offs last season, but Roland didn't fund the strength in depth required to get us over the line.

Roland has been spiteful and destructive since he came in and that has taken us from being in the fight for Championship play offs to fighting to stay in the top half of League One... Fawaz saw he could do no more, you needed a new owner and sold you within a year.

Ours is clinging on out of spiteful delusion, like a bit of shit clinging to a clump of bum hair.

We have been trying to sell for over a year apparently and looked further than ever until this and the last rumour.

We're having to now go through the pain of ripping those bum hairs out and praying for a marginally less shit owner to bring us back to where we could and should be under any other owner... Even Fawaz
    thats how i see it ...and compliments on the imagery,simile and metaphor
  • edited September 2018
    ***Note this is not a dig at Lee Bowyer who I support and am very happy to have been made permanent manage****

“I’m not going to just sell to anybody, because I care about the club’. Those were his words. He didn’t have to say that."
    11 Sept 2018

12 Sept 2018

Well thats going well!
  • One question and one question only.

I understand absolute f*ck all about business and the buying and selling of football clubs

The only thing I know of is that Roland's a twat.

The question is;

Is the new apparent person of interest that may end up becoming our new owner a good or a bad thing?

The bloke that owned notts forest
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    Dushatpants "What can I do to get those vinegar pissers back for making me looking bad?"

Lively Turkey (or whatever his name is) "Why not sell the club to Owen Oyston or Massimo Cellini? Hang on here's Fawaz Al-Hasawi!"
  • edited September 2018
    Dave2l said:

One question and one question only.

I understand absolute f*ck all about business and the buying and selling of football clubs

The only thing I know of is that Roland's a twat.

The question is;

Is the new apparent person of interest that may end up becoming our new owner a good or a bad thing?

The bloke that owned notts forest

Read the last 4 pages and come to your own conclusion? Plenty of comments from both sides, lots of negatives from Forest fans.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

***Note this is not a dig at Lee Bowyer who I support and am very happy to have been made permanent manage****

“I’m not going to just sell to anybody, because I care about the club’. Those were his words. He didn’t have to say that."
    11 Sept 2018

12 Sept 2018

Well thats going well!
    Since when was Lee Bowyer the owner?
  • SE7toSG3 said:

11 Sept 2018

12 Sept 2018

Well thats going well!
    Since when was Lee Bowyer the owner?
    Am I wooshed? I dont get it
  • edited September 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

forest144 said:

I know how bad Roland is, I said that in my opening statement - that at least Fawaz occasionally gave a shit and cared, which Roland doesn't appear to do.

The damage Fawaz did was mostly in the background. Skeleton backroom staff and players with huge, inflated wages just miraculously dissapearing (see Matty Fryatt, Jack Hobbs, many more). He also didn't sell the club on the cheap. He spent a long time trying to sell it, three deals fell through and he only really got out because there were lots of buyers queuing up. There was a Guardian article on Fawaz' demands when selling, he wanted to stay on as Chairman and recieve a salary of over £1m for doing so.

He will probably be an improvement, but how much? Especially if he has run out of money. Football to him is a hobby and a way to keep away from the family business.
  • edited September 2018

All I know is that Douchbag has been the worst owner this club has ever had imo.

In the time you’ve supported Charlton, one owner took the club to the brink of bankruptcy and another took the club to Selhurst...and another, or possibly one of those two, was even supposedly thinking about taking the club to Milton Keynes...
  • Perhaps this is RD idea and got Lieven De Turck to show him around to get this publicity just so he can hurry the Aussies up, well, with RD history, anything is possible. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!