Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I can’t see why a post on social media would scupper a deal. Ok it’s a bit naive but if the guy is prepared to pay what Roland wants I can’t see that issue alone stopping a deal. Also LVT was there so he could easily have said no photos please and reminded them of the NDA requirements.
  • Chizz said:

De truck to Roland - Fawaz’ bitch just posted on twitter.
    Roland - oh I’m not selling to them then.

I find this unlikely and I don’t buy cawleys tweet earlier as I don’t think he had any insight into this and is feeding off scraps.

My money is that it’s on!

Yeah. Cawley? What would he know? He may be a diligent, professional and thorough journalist providing qualified information from public and private sources, but why would that make him trustworthy?

Whereas I'm much more convinced by the fact you're prepared to put money on It, having had access to more than just scraps: you've seen a photo as well.

Yeah, I reckon your detailed, forensic examination of masses of information is much more reliable and accurate than anything a well-connected, reputable and experienced, full-time professional would come up with.

:wink:
    Love it chizz :)

I’m just a twat speculating like everyone else. My take on Cawley having no knowledge is that I don’t believe he has a voice at the club anymore that would feed him news. I just base that on the tone of his tweets recently. I doubt de truck even knows who he is. Even everitt hasn’t piped up with his normal “oh I heard this a while back but didn’t bother reporting it as I didn’t believe it” line.

We shall see but these clowns weren’t sightseeing and why put out that tweet if there were no legs in it?

• Valley11 said:

Having had time to reflect, if they bring in a Varney as CEO (or similar) plus a group of people who know the club to run it, he might have learnt lessons and it’ll be ok.
    If he does what he did at Forest and run it himself, we could be in trouble.

@Grapevine49 for CEO
    But don't let him take the minutes hours ...

• Chizz said:

De truck to Roland - Fawaz’ bitch just posted on twitter.
    Roland - oh I’m not selling to them then.

I find this unlikely and I don’t buy cawleys tweet earlier as I don’t think he had any insight into this and is feeding off scraps.

My money is that it’s on!

Yeah. Cawley? What would he know? He may be a diligent, professional and thorough journalist providing qualified information from public and private sources, but why would that make him trustworthy?

Whereas I'm much more convinced by the fact you're prepared to put money on It, having had access to more than just scraps: you've seen a photo as well.

Yeah, I reckon your detailed, forensic examination of masses of information is much more reliable and accurate than anything a well-connected, reputable and experienced, full-time professional would come up with.

:wink:
    Love it chizz :)

I’m just a twat speculating like everyone else. My take on Cawley having no knowledge is that I don’t believe he has a voice at the club anymore that would feed him news. I just base that on the tone of his tweets recently. I doubt de truck even knows who he is. Even everitt hasn’t piped up with his normal “oh I heard this a while back but didn’t bother reporting it as I didn’t believe it” line.

We shall see but these clowns weren’t sightseeing and why put out that tweet if there were no legs in it?

Cawley said he's been *told* there's "no chance of a deal happening".

That's good enough for me to think there's a good chance it won't happen.
  • Guess those blokes just need our Credit Cards and Pin Numbers to complete the deal...

Really? Used to be a country on the west coast of Africa back in the day mate :wink: .
  • When we bring a player in I tend to check the views of the fans of the club he departed.

Generally speaking that will be the most accurate and honest assessment you'll get, much better than you'll get from any management team with their vested interest and much, much better than any self recommendation that that player may delude to. For that reason I accept the Forest fans view. I do not want this character anywhere near our club.

Absolutely agree with you 100%;its like you've been told that you have been cured of a terminal disease but informed at the same time that you are going to suffer with piles as a consequence!!!!
  • I think the fit and proper test would block him wouldn’t it?

Good one.
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon the Aussies will be making their move within the next 12-24 months.

I heard within the next 5 years
  • Oh @cobblers you’ve fallen into the trap
  • cabbles said:

I reckon the Aussies will be making their move within the next 12-24 months.

First rule of the Aussie bid

There is no Aussie bid
  • Holy Shit.... so depressing ... "Lord! Why have you forsaken me?!?!?!?!?!"
  • Other than pics do we know if he has actually even put in an offer? We had pics of the Aussies with scarfs at an actual match. Which is a lot more than this. And that led to nothing. So this may mean less than we think.

I can’t see why a post on social media would scupper a deal. Ok it’s a bit naive but if the guy is prepared to pay what Roland wants I can’t see that issue alone stopping a deal. Also LVT was there so he could easily have said no photos please and reminded them of the NDA requirements.

Just give Roland an extra £50 and he will forget all about the picture. It's just the money for him.
  • edited September 2018
    Can’t for one minute believe that Goldfinger has pulled the plug (assuming there was a plug there to be pulled in the first place) because of the photos.
    Nah.....he might have instructed his lawyers to make waves about it as in....”our client is concerned that our mutual agreement not to disclose interest has been significantly compromised etc etc” but if someone is prepared to pay a price to his satisfaction he wouldn’t walk away.....why would he, really does it make that much difference to a deal being done, of course not?
    Might make it a bit more difficult re media interest (which can be disruptive) and public speculation, but I can’t see it being a deal breaker.......if anyone can explain why that might be the case I would like to hear it.
  • Redrobo said:

Chizz said:

Dansk_Red said:

According to the Evening Standard the club will not be sold to Fawaz Al-Hasawi due to the photograph appearing on social media.

According to the Evening Standard, the club will not be sold to Fawaz Al-Hasawi due to the story appearing on social media about the sale of the club being prevented because of the photograph appearing on social media.
    I find this not credible to be honest. If he was offering what Rolly what he wanted I am sure the club would be sold to him. Sounds like an excuse to me.
    An excuse by who?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just a thought but if you're being shown around the Valley by the organ grinders helper, why would you sign a NDA? It's a bit like buying a house. If you like what you see, you put in an offer. It's at that point you sign the NDA, isn't it?
  • cabbles said:

There is no Aussie bid

Oh but there is. Because it has been submitted to the EFL for the ODT. And according to @Addickted , it passed. And the EFL are apparently a bit pissed off that de Turck goes round suggesting otherwise.

Wooooosh

Have you ever watched fightclub

You need to chill a bit it’s called banter
    Surely that'd be

First rule of the Aussi bid

You don't talk about the Aussie bid.

Which actually is what I wish had been the case since day 1
  • Dazzler21 said:

cabbles said:

There is no Aussie bid

Oh but there is. Because it has been submitted to the EFL for the ODT. And according to @Addickted , it passed. And the EFL are apparently a bit pissed off that de Turck goes round suggesting otherwise.

Wooooosh

Have you ever watched fightclub

You need to chill a bit it’s called banter
    Surely that'd be

First rule of the Aussi bid

You don't talk about the Aussie bid.

Which actually is what I wish had been the case since day 1

In 2 weeks time we'll wake to find out that Andrew Muir was actually a fantasy alter ego of @JamesSeed and the consortium and bid was a consequence of his writers block and sleep deprivation.
  • RedChaser said:

Guess those blokes just need our Credit Cards and Pin Numbers to complete the deal...

Really? Used to be a country on the west coast of Africa back in the day mate :wink: .
    Always one picky person on here isnt there mate ;)
  • cabbles said:

There is no Aussie bid

I'm not sure of the legality, but I think it would be great if the EFL kept a public register of all applications and results. That might focus a few minds. Especially if the introduced some more appropriate (stringent) criteria.
  • Other than pics do we know if he has actually even put in an offer? We had pics of the Aussies with scarfs at an actual match. Which is a lot more than this. And that led to nothing. So this may mean less than we think.

I can’t see why a post on social media would scupper a deal. Ok it’s a bit naive but if the guy is prepared to pay what Roland wants I can’t see that issue alone stopping a deal. Also LVT was there so he could easily have said no photos please and reminded them of the NDA requirements.

Just give Roland an extra £50 and he will forget all about the picture. It's just the money for him.
    No he didn’t make any bid. He told my mate later that night that £50m plus the debts is way to much.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!