Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The first thing the EFL could do would be to make it a law that you can only change a manager in the close season

Why would they do that.

Football clubs are a business, if a manager at your company is underperforming you are within your rights to sack him.
    Also the hire and fire model works at Watford. So is it actually bad?
  • The first thing the EFL could do would be to make it a law that you can only change a manager in the close season

Why would they do that.

Football clubs are a business, if a manager at your company is underperforming you are within your rights to sack him.
    That's not really true though, is it? Companies in the real world have set procedures They must follow, they can't just fire people willy nilly.
    Have you never come across a situation where an under-performing senior manager is eased out of his or her role, outside the terms of their employment, by means of a compromise agreement and a fat cheque?
  • Chizz said:

The first thing the EFL could do would be to make it a law that you can only change a manager in the close season

Why would they do that.

That's not really true though, is it? Companies in the real world have set procedures They must follow, they can't just fire people willy nilly.
    Have you never come across a situation where an under-performing senior manager is eased out of his or her role, outside the terms of their employment, by means of a compromise agreement and a fat cheque?
    No, but the accounts manager at the law firm I worked at did totally lose her shit one day and trashed the entire office, she was fired and it still went to an employment tribunal for months, despite the event being so bad the police came and arrested her. Also what you described is not what paulie said, is it?
  • Imagine not being able to get rid of Karl Fraeye mid season, stupid idea that one
  • Croydon said:

Imagine not being able to get rid of Karl Fraeye mid season, stupid idea that one

As funny as that is, he wouldn't have been appointed. We would have had Guy for the remainder of that season.
  • edited September 2018
    Just bumping. A thread of this magnitude can’t be allowed to languish on page 2.
  • Chizz said:

The first thing the EFL could do would be to make it a law that you can only change a manager in the close season

Why would they do that.

No, but the accounts manager at the law firm I worked at did totally lose her shit one day and trashed the entire office, she was fired and it still went to an employment tribunal for months, despite the event being so bad the police came and arrested her. Also what you described is not what paulie said, is it?
    I was responding to you, by describing precisely how an under-performing manager could be "sacked".
  • edited September 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• Just old news from the photo last week.
  • This is something weve become used to, will this madness end? Forrest Supporters on Fawaz Al Hasawi Protest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTOWYGJsTl0&feature=share
  • So depressing, but love the diplomatic use of the word “ bewildering “ .
  • cafcwill said:

bump

Please don’t. Let it die.
  • edited September 2018
    Redrobo said:

cafcwill said:

bump

Please don’t. Let it die.
    Son, fetch my rifle it's suffered too much.
  • edited September 2018
    IAgree said:

So depressing, but love the diplomatic use of the word “ bewildering “ .
    What are the rules on clubs approaching young players like Sarimiento? Can we take any action?
  • Disturbing chart... debt in L1, from most to least...
  • IAgree said:

So depressing, but love the diplomatic use of the word “ bewildering “ .
    What are the rules on clubs approaching young players like Sarimiento? Can we take any action?
    Depends if they are English or European. Compensation from English (as per Kasey Palmer) but maybe not if euro (like Benfica).
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc-west said:

Disturbing chart... debt in L1, from most to least...

It is except doesn't the club owes the money to the owner...so he can choose to write it off or convert it to equity and then sell the equity - which, I guess, is what he is effectively trying to...but at an unrealistic price.
    In RD's scenario, converting the debt to equity is the same as writing it off.

If the club's equity is worth £25m without any debt, and he paid £18m for it in the first place, then converting £65m debt into equity is to say goodbye to £65m you are owed in return for £7m profit when you sell the equity.

Equity of £25m has no value if on acquiring the shares you also acquire the privilege of re-paying £65m of debt. The club's worth £1, or any other token amount paid by a buyer to constitute valid consideration for a legally binding contract.

• cafc-west said:

It is except doesn't the club owes the money to the owner...so he can choose to write it off or convert it to equity and then sell the equity - which, I guess, is what he is effectively trying to...but at an unrealistic price.

If the club's equity is worth £25m without any debt, and he paid £18m for it in the first place, then converting £65m debt into equity is to say goodbye to £65m you are owed in return for £7m profit when you sell the equity.

Equity of £25m has no value if on acquiring the shares you also acquire the privilege of re-paying £65m of debt. The club's worth £1, or any other token amount paid by a buyer to constitute valid consideration for a legally binding contract.

Well why didn't you say that before? I'm prepared to go half if somebody else can shell out the remaining 50p.
  • I actually do read/like the voice for what it's worth........
  • bobmunro said:

cafc-west said:

Well why didn't you say that before? I'm prepared to go half if somebody else can shell out the remaining 50p.
    That would mean you and your potential business partner would need to find £32,500,000.50, each. On that basis, I wish you luck, but I'm out.
  • bobmunro said:

cafc-west said:

I'll put 20p in Bob
  • edited September 2018
    bobmunro said:

cafc-west said:

Blimey, a whole ten bob, Bob! :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

bobmunro said:

cafc-west said:

Blimey, a whole ten bob, Bob :wink:
    I know - but Henners has chipped in 20p so only six bob to find.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!