Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• thinking about this. what is the benefit in the club saying there is no chance of purchase by fawad? very little, if anything they'd want to talk it up to get other bidders active. so if Cawley has been told that I'm inclined to believe it. perhaps what bowyer said is true...rd isn't prepared to sell to just anybody.

on the other hand they could be aware that fans will be running about a sale to fawad and denying it purely to prevent more protests etc.

I really hope the aussies come through this. the little info I have heard on them make me thibk they'll be good owners even if they don't have pots of cash like rd and fawad. they may be more competent and understand the fabric of football and fans.

that type of leadership served us well in the 90s after all.

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ENTERED THE ARENA

WELCOME FAWAD!
  • Stig said:

cabbles said:

I reckon the Aussies will be making their move within the next 12-24 months.

I heard within the next 5 years
    First rule of the Aussie bid

There is no Aussie bid

Oh but there is. Because it has been submitted to the EFL for the ODT. And according to @Addickted , it passed. And the EFL are apparently a bit pissed off that de Turck goes round suggesting otherwise.

I'm not sure of the legality, but I think it would be great if the EFL kept a public register of all applications and results. That might focus a few minds. Especially if the introduced some more appropriate (stringent) criteria.
    I have been thinking that. However the EFL in its current guise would never accept such a thing. They see themselves as responsible to the clubs only. As such they think that an owner has the right to entertain as many bids as he sees fit and the terms of such bids are nobody else's business. Underpinning this is the dangerous but still popular notion that football clubs are simply individual private businesses. That IMO is what has to change but very few fans outside the Trust/activist world see this.

I am hoping that at least we can push for a register of successful ODTs but even some of my CAST colleagues seem reluctant even to go for that.
  • edited September 2018
    @PragueAddick as you are here can you answer some questions for me? Don't mean to single you out but I am sure you would be able to answer.

What do you actually want to EFL to do in a situation like ours? As far as I am aware you can't force the sale of a private company.

What constitutes bad ownership? Who judges who is a good owner and who is a bad one. In the last 6 months I have seen public criticism of the owners from clubs ranging from Manchester United and Chelsea to Chesterfield and Torquay.

I would suggest, at anyone time, half of the fans of the 100 odd professional clubs in this country would have a gripe against their ownership. Where is the line?

If the ELF could take harsher action against "poor" owners, who would step in and pay the bills? About 80 clubs loose money every year, who is going make up the shortfall?

Do you think there would the current bad feeling against current owners if say Charlton, Coventry and Blackburn were all in the top half of the championship? Even if the off the field situations were the same?

One of the main criticisms of RD, and by forest fans, was hiring/firing managers, do you think the EFL, or anyone else, should have a say on this?

The same goes for player recruitment as well. Its subjective isn't it?

Your notice I haven't mentioned Blackpool or orient as I believe these are very different cases to the ones mentioned.

Thanks in advance. Happy to take off line if you prefer.

• Roland's Revenge

You teaser, makes me want to have a curry!
  • Thank you for addressing my question, I look forward to the other thread.

Imo Blackpools ownership has been proven to of illegally aset stripped and orient was outrightly and deliberately damaging. I don't think you can say the same about others.
  • After today's news at the EFL protest.
    It's obvious #TeamWIOTOS was built on a Belgian waffle.
    In our need of a new trustworthy source,
    #TeamWRCROI is born from the ashes
    When Richard Cawley Reports On It
  • cafcwill said:

After today's news at the EFL protest.
    It's obvious #TeamWIOTOS was built on a Belgian waffle.
    In our need of a new trustworthy source,
    #TeamWRCROI is born from the ashes
    When Richard Cawley Reports On It

Am I missing something? What news?
  • Just caught up with it all on Twitter! I know now!
  • edited September 2018
    I think Muir was at The Valley to propose a new Good Guys store to be built in the Jimmy Seed Stand. Good ole Rolly trying to make an extra pound.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

cabbles said:

I reckon the Aussies will be making their move within the next 12-24 months.

I heard within the next 5 years
    First rule of the Aussie bid

There is no Aussie bid

Oh but there is. Because it has been submitted to the EFL for the ODT. And according to @Addickted , it passed. And the EFL are apparently a bit pissed off that de Turck goes round suggesting otherwise.

Wooooosh

Have you ever watched fightclub

You need to chill a bit it’s called banter
    Surely that'd be

First rule of the Aussi bid

You don't talk about the Aussie bid.

Which actually is what I wish had been the case since day 1

In 2 weeks time we'll wake to find out that Andrew Muir was actually a fantasy alter ego of @JamesSeed and the consortium and bid was a consequence of his writers block and sleep deprivation.
    Thanks for ruining the movie mate
    Have you seen The usual suspects.....?
  • Sorry. I don’t get it.
  • that's what the fawaz guy tweeted with pretty much the same pic.
  • I think the rumour about not selling due to NDA is actually Roland saying the oz takeover won't happen due to breaking NDA with the joint statement the club put out months ago, which he probably forgot about and/or only saw when he went on to post the other statement about the EFL ;)
  • edited September 2018
  • Nice use of the tree. A sort of Ali-esque rope a dope trick
  • Sponsored links:

• Toogood said:

Ooooh.....you tease!
  • I did spot @AFKABartram deep in conversation with @JamesSeed at the demo yesterday, no doubt sharing their collective inside info, but they changed the subject when I went over.

#hushhush
  • Think this thread will still be running this time next year.
  • Even The Daggers sale has been done & dusted before us now...Tim Howard (ex Man U keeper) has put a consortium together...looking rather good for them now,can see us playing them again in the not to distant future if we still have Douchtwat in charge & god forbid Bowyer walks/gets snapped up by next season...

Cmon Roly...Sell the club & do fuck off...!!
  • The first thing the EFL could do would be to make it a law that you can only change a manager in the close season
  • Then possibly further down the line, the players?
  • The first thing the EFL could do would be to make it a law that you can only change a manager in the close season

Why would they do that.

Football clubs are a business, if a manager at your company is underperforming you are within your rights to sack him.
    That's not really true though, is it? Companies in the real world have set procedures They must follow, they can't just fire people willy nilly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!