Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited September 2018
    I know someone who's two bob (not you Henners) but I think we should make a clean break from the past :wink: .
  • The things Henry does to keep this thread going, pledging 20p now

• bobmunro said:

cafc-west said:

Disturbing chart... debt in L1, from most to least...

It is except doesn't the club owes the money to the owner...so he can choose to write it off or convert it to equity and then sell the equity - which, I guess, is what he is effectively trying to...but at an unrealistic price.
    In RD's scenario, converting the debt to equity is the same as writing it off.

If the club's equity is worth £25m without any debt, and he paid £18m for it in the first place, then converting £65m debt into equity is to say goodbye to £65m you are owed in return for £7m profit when you sell the equity.

Equity of £25m has no value if on acquiring the shares you also acquire the privilege of re-paying £65m of debt. The club's worth £1, or any other token amount paid by a buyer to constitute valid consideration for a legally binding contract.

Well why didn't you say that before? I'm prepared to go half if somebody else can shell out the remaining 50p.
    I'll put 20p in Bob
    wont Bob mind?
    I've met him, no chance.
  • I'll pledge the remaining 10p if it helps move things on
  • rananegra said:

I'll pledge the remaining 10p if it helps move things on

Two bob then mate, nice one :wink:
  • Can I just keep bob bob bobbing along...
  • Solidgone said:

Can I just keep bob bob bobbing along...

Shoot the b..……... Oh hang on, that's what the Spanners sing :blush:
  • Can someone explain/confirm this figure of 65m debt??
    RD bought us 4 years ago and we allegedly lose about 1m per month. That’s 48m and that’s before player sales (Lookman Gomez etc)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    Taxi_Lad said:

Can someone explain/confirm this figure of 65m debt??
    RD bought us 4 years ago and we allegedly lose about 1m per month. That’s 48m and that’s before player sales (Lookman Gomez etc)

It’s not as simple as that. There are player purchases too, but the published debt figure to Staprix includes the Jimenez/Cash/Slater debt, which RD left on the books when he took over.

In effect it is the cumulative losses since 2010.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

It’s not as simple as that. There are player purchases too, but the published debt figure to Staprix includes the Jimenez/Cash/Slater debt, which RD left on the books when he took over.

+ the £7m?
  • edited September 2018
    bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

bobmunro said:

cafc-west said:

Disturbing chart... debt in L1, from most to least...

It is except doesn't the club owes the money to the owner...so he can choose to write it off or convert it to equity and then sell the equity - which, I guess, is what he is effectively trying to...but at an unrealistic price.
    In RD's scenario, converting the debt to equity is the same as writing it off.

If the club's equity is worth £25m without any debt, and he paid £18m for it in the first place, then converting £65m debt into equity is to say goodbye to £65m you are owed in return for £7m profit when you sell the equity.

Equity of £25m has no value if on acquiring the shares you also acquire the privilege of re-paying £65m of debt. The club's worth £1, or any other token amount paid by a buyer to constitute valid consideration for a legally binding contract.

Well why didn't you say that before? I'm prepared to go half if somebody else can shell out the remaining 50p.
    Blimey, a whole ten bob, Bob :wink:
    I know - but Henners has chipped in 20p so only six bob to find.
    plenty of Bobs in the "Not the Nine O'clock News" parody.

darn it.......I see someones already posted it.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

+ the £7m?
    Yes, but that’s not owed to Staprix.
  • addick100 said:

I think we are up to £77m. This figure seems familiar....

Time to stop laughing. The distance between that number and £40M is not that much farther off than what many here said the club was worth (I can find several posts here claiming £15-20M a few months back.) How likely is that now?

And I also claimed he would never eat a £20-30M loss no matter what. 1291 pages and a year later, I've been more right that those who claimed a sale was imminent and have gone into hiding on this board.
    You don’t have a relative called Colin by any chance?
    He's the love child of Gordon Brown and Diane Abbott.
  • addick100 said:

Time to stop laughing. The distance between that number and £40M is not that much farther off than what many here said the club was worth (I can find several posts here claiming £15-20M a few months back.) How likely is that now?

And I also claimed he would never eat a £20-30M loss no matter what. 1291 pages and a year later, I've been more right that those who claimed a sale was imminent and have gone into hiding on this board.
    We may have lost another £10M since you last posted on this matter. So you possibly think we're worth about £87M now ?
    I can't recall what you called it. But wasn't it along the lines of the more we lose/borrow, the more we are worth ?
    We could be the the most valuable club in the world one day :wink:
    Enterprise value was the nonsense he used.

Debt =/= value

Worth = what someone will pay

All the potential buyers have either walked away when they hear the £40m price or, like the Aussies, offered less ie £25m.

That because the club isnt worth £40m or £77m.
  • Sponsored links:

• addick100 said:

We may have lost another £10M since you last posted on this matter. So you possibly think we're worth about £87M now ?
    I can't recall what you called it. But wasn't it along the lines of the more we lose/borrow, the more we are worth ?
    Remind me - the sale of a house analogy - how did that work?
  • He is just chucking good money after bad, his choice how long it goes on for because he can afford it, but I bet he is regretting the day he met Murray.
  • He is just chucking good money after bad, his choice how long it goes on for because he can afford it, but I bet he is regretting the day he met Murray.

I don't give a shit if Murray did X, Y and Z back in the day. He has screwed this club and I dislike him and hope he goes away forever.
  • cabbles said:

addick100 said:

Enterprise value was the nonsense he used.

Debt =/= value

Worth = what someone will pay

All the potential buyers have either walked away when they hear the £40m price or, like the Aussies, offered less ie £25m.

That because the club isnt worth £40m or £77m.
    The longer he holds on the bigger the loss as well. Roland is clueless and is better off cutting his losses. Even some deal whereby he retained the ground and got annual rent still won’t claw back what’s he losing and continues to lose. I get the whole hanging onto the land thing in the hope that one day he can sell it for whatever silly figure he thinks that will be worth (before he’s even got into all the crap airman highlights re; planning permission etc - you can bet your bottom dollar if he didn’t know about the Directors loans, he’s probably not carried out his dd, around this either).

Can only see him having to accept something like £20m as time goes on or he puts into admin and losses all of it

He’s desperate to sell but too belligerent (at the moment) to realise he’s not got many options.

He bought the wrong club. I’m pleased he continues to lose money even if it’s to our detriment. Of course I would love him gone, but if he’s hanging on I like the fact he’s paying for the privilege of being such a tool
    And that is his dilemma.

He can only recoup his loses if we reach the premier league or look like getting close but that will take time and yet more spending.

But as the cuts in cleaners hours and non-payment of bonuses show, he wants to spend as little as possible.

Our problem is that Duchatelet is rich enough to carry more losses and is delusional enough to think he can get the price he wants.

We can only hope that ROT, CARD and media pressure they generate make him want to cut his loses and feck off.
    Can also guarantee the fool hasn’t realised how much it costs to get to the prem these days. I wonder at what figure the debt has to get to before he says no more.
  • So how much of the debt is the Cash Jiminez part?
  • So how much of the debt is the Cash Jiminez part?

£18M (the price RD bought the club for).
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!