Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Complete guess here.......but given the figures that are being touted around, I think the first offer he gets in the region of £32,500,000 will be accepted.
  • Complete guess here.......but given the figures that are being touted around, I think the first offer he gets in the region of £32,500,000 will be accepted.

Which @Redhenry has already said numerous times that the bid he knew about was £40.5mil.

Something doesn’t stack up right. Maybe they bid that amount and Roland wanted more at the time, and now he has lowered his price slightly but the only people left in the game aren’t prepared to offer more than £25mil.

If we could get the party back that Redhenry knew of, I would be imagine there would be more chance of it going through than anything we currently have.
  • If the Aussies agreed to his asking price before it all went tits up for them that must have reinforced his valuation of the club. And since they haven't officially pulled out he must be clinging on to that.

• addick100 said:

I think we are up to £77m. This figure seems familiar....

Time to stop laughing. The distance between that number and £40M is not that much farther off than what many here said the club was worth (I can find several posts here claiming £15-20M a few months back.) How likely is that now?

And I also claimed he would never eat a £20-30M loss no matter what. 1291 pages and a year later, I've been more right that those who claimed a sale was imminent and have gone into hiding on this board.
    We may have lost another £10M since you last posted on this matter. So you possibly think we're worth about £87M now ?
    I can't recall what you called it. But wasn't it along the lines of the more we lose/borrow, the more we are worth ?
    We could be the the most valuable club in the world one day :wink:
    No, I claimed the "enterprise value" is higher. It is. But enterprise value is not necessarily the same as what a club will sell for.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/enterprisevalue.asp

We are worth more than we were bought, even though we are a League lower. That's a fact. There are dozens of people who claim that is not possible. Not only is it possible, it is a stone cold reality. And if we are ever sold, it will be proven.
    I assume your argument is roughly that since more money has been tipped into the FAPL since he bought the club, the trickle down effect enhances the value of all L1 clubs.

He paid £18m, and it looks like the Aussies maybe value it at £25m. That all seems to me to be broadly reasonable, assuming clean title and no undiscovered nonsense surrounding player contracts.

There is no basis I can see for a £40m sale price, other than that RD desperately needs it in order not to lose face in the Belgian business community. I am afraid that so far you have not argud in sufficient depth to convince me that a figure above circa £25m has any business-based merit.

SAving face is what it must be all about for Roland. He's messed up, but will never ever admit it. Atm he admits he made a mistake going into football, which I guess gives him some sort of excuse.

That’s what I don’t get. He’s already admitted his mistake so if he’s lost any face in the Belgium business community, it’s already happened. Surely by hanging out for an unrealistic price is just compounding his mistake.
    Any very rich person who not only gaffer tapes their damaged shoes but was also apparently still wearing them a week later is someone obsessed with not spending (or losing) money more than his reputation in the Belgian business community.

Duchatelet's focus is on getting back as much of the money he's wasted as possible (even though he's losing more as each month passes).
  • cabbles said:

God knows what other lunatics in his business community he needs to save face with. I picture a bunch of weird old men with bad teeth and duck taped suits all chanting ‘rythmn is a dancer’ in Flemish at a discotheque

Originally released in '92 by SNAP! , great song
  • edited September 2018
    Redhenry said:

I was told from a very reliable source, the Aussies had upped their bid to 40.5m, this was matched by the Saudis soon after. I'm not saying this is 100% correct, but i would be surprised if this was off the mark.

A house analogy anyone ?

A bidder for my ma in law's house told the agent, he would continue to increase his bid, until he was the highest bidder and he had removed the opposition. He then quite candidly said he would reduce his offer.

I told the agent to tell him to do one.
  • edited September 2018

Redhenry said:

I was told from a very reliable source, the Aussies had upped their bid to 40.5m, this was matched by the Saudis soon after. I'm not saying this is 100% correct, but i would be surprised if this was off the mark.

A house analogy anyone ?

A bidder for my ma in law's house told the agent, he would continue to increase his bid, until he was the highest bidder and he had removed the opposition. He then quite candidly said he would reduce his offer.

Understandable.......if your MIL lived in Belgravia.

Not Thamesmead ffs!
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Recently or historically @Redhenry ?
  • edited September 2018
    Redhenry said:

Was that figure sterling or AUS$?

If AUS$, then that would make it about £22m
  • Redhenry said:

would also like to know if it's ever possible the saudis would return?
  • Redhenry said:

I think he’s just reiterating what he’s said before, pretty sure it was a while ago.
  • Redhenry said:

A house analogy anyone ?

Which is, apparently, exactly what the aussies did.
  • cabbles said:

God knows what other lunatics in his business community he needs to save face with. I picture a bunch of weird old men with bad teeth and duck taped suits all chanting ‘rythmn is a dancer’ in Flemish at a discotheque

Originally released in '92 by SNAP! , great song
    Agreed. Great intro
  • Addickted said:

Redhenry said:

Was that figure sterling or AUS$?

If AUS$, then that would make it about £22m
    I think we’ve just found the root of the problem. 😀
  • I’m finding this all very confusing. One moment we hear that a price has been agreed (£40m) but now they [aussies] are saying we won’t buy unless the price is reduced to £25m? The £7m owed to the ex-directors has to be the stumbling block, which we could raise the sales to around £32m+?
    My brain is haemorrhaging now and it’s better that I stand real clear.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    its all about who you believe..

Its entirely possible the Aussies aren't going to admit to low balling RD after the consortium collapsed or cynically removing them from the bidding, having originally outbid the Saudis, which is how it looks from the outside

we also don't know for sure if the original bid, or the £25m bid is net of the former Director loans.

• Aussies have given up.
  • Aussies have given up.

Source?
  • Fair Dinkum
  • At what point will RD have lost more by clinging on than accepting a lower bid? 15 months down the line from when he first turned his nose up at the Aussie lower bid? Because until that point I can see him believing that he's still doing the right thing to keep valuing the club so highly (especially if there was once upon a time an offer or £40m)
  • Getting bored with it all. If it happened tomorrow I’d probably shrug and say ‘huh’. My first phone call though would be to buy a season ticket.
  • Whatever happened to Michael Slater? He seems to have vanished

He joined Eastenders
    Didn't he go to Spain to watch Man City? Thought he was well hard, soon found out he wasn't.
  • edited September 2018
    What I've never understood is that if Roland was asking for say £40m last January, and the 2 parties seemed to have agreed a price, that suggests that they were in the same ballpark back then.

If the Aussies had offered £25m back then, then presumably Roland would have told them to go away. Indeed if all the interested parties had rejected his figure back then, presumably he would have had to reduce the price.

Similarly if the Aussies had offered £40m back then, what's happened subsequently?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!