Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• In the podcast "Getting To Know The Network," they stated that Jiminez strong funding, then sudden stop of funding, was never really explained fully.

What happened there?
  • In the podcast "Getting To Know The Network," they stated that Jiminez strong funding, then sudden stop of funding, was never really explained fully.

What happened there?

He was getting ripped off (funds not being used for the purpose advanced) allegedly.
  • RedChaser said:

In the podcast "Getting To Know The Network," they stated that Jiminez strong funding, then sudden stop of funding, was never really explained fully.

What happened there?

He was getting ripped off (funds not being used for the purpose advanced) allegedly.
    Thank you.
  • edited September 2018
    Kevin Cash who was believed to be the mystery backer pulled the plug dwas recently made bankrupt @NapaAddick https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/6849369/kevin-cash-oxfordshire-mansion-for-sale-bankrupt/
  • RedChaser said:

In the podcast "Getting To Know The Network," they stated that Jiminez strong funding, then sudden stop of funding, was never really explained fully.

What happened there?

It was Jimenez doing the ripping off.
    Kevin Cash was funding the club but stopped, because he either had no money left, or realised Jimenez was ripping him off. They were dodgy as £$%&.
  • RedChaser said:

What happened there?

It was Jimenez doing the ripping off.
    Kevin Cash was funding the club but stopped, because he either had no money left, or realised Jimenez was ripping him off. They were dodgy as £$%&.
    Yes I'd clarified that on second reading.
  • RedChaser said:

What happened there?

Not true. I know for a fact (yes, yes I’m slightly in the know with regard to this one!) that as soon as it was clear they couldn’t make residential use of the Valley Cash pulled the plug. Zero funding from then on.

Jiminez and Slater were mere front men. Slater was just a friend in a suit.
  • Whatever happened to Michael Slater? He seems to have vanished

You will probably find him at Man City on match days
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

What happened there?

Not true. I know for a fact (yes, yes I’m slightly in the know with regard to this one!) that as soon as it was clear they couldn’t make residential use of the Valley Cash pulled the plug. Zero funding from then on.

Jiminez and Slater were mere front men. Slater was just a friend in a suit.
    Thank you Kevin :wink:

Didn't he get the wrong number tattooed on his arm? Oh not that one....
  • Never believed the £40M figure, still stunned if the Aussies or anyone would pay £25M for us.
    Personally reckon we are worth nowt with those huge continued losses to underwrite until and if ever we make the PL.
    RD should be snapping their arm off to simply take the club from him and put an end to his losses.

Yeah he's dreaming if he thinks someone's going to buy the club at Enterprise Value with us in League 1. He needs to accept his losses instead of trying to recoup them 100%. We'd be worth a lot more if it weren't for his protracted period of incompetence in running the club.
  • Never believed the £40M figure, still stunned if the Aussies or anyone would pay £25M for us.
    Personally reckon we are worth nowt with those huge continued losses to underwrite until and if ever we make the PL.
    RD should be snapping their arm off to simply take the club from him and put an end to his losses.

I can't remember who said it (LDV ?) but the fact we are losing £1m pm is what is putting off most investors. Losses of that size can't be sustained unless you have a Lookman or a few Gomez's to sell every year.

I fear its going to get worse before it gets any better.

He joined Eastenders
  • Sponsored links:

• addick100 said:

I think we are up to £77m. This figure seems familiar....

Time to stop laughing. The distance between that number and £40M is not that much farther off than what many here said the club was worth (I can find several posts here claiming £15-20M a few months back.) How likely is that now?

And I also claimed he would never eat a £20-30M loss no matter what. 1291 pages and a year later, I've been more right that those who claimed a sale was imminent and have gone into hiding on this board.
    We may have lost another £10M since you last posted on this matter. So you possibly think we're worth about £87M now ?
    I can't recall what you called it. But wasn't it along the lines of the more we lose/borrow, the more we are worth ?
    We could be the the most valuable club in the world one day :wink:
    No, I claimed the "enterprise value" is higher. It is. But enterprise value is not necessarily the same as what a club will sell for.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/enterprisevalue.asp

We are worth more than we were bought, even though we are a League lower. That's a fact. There are dozens of people who claim that is not possible. Not only is it possible, it is a stone cold reality. And if we are ever sold, it will be proven.
    I assume your argument is roughly that since more money has been tipped into the FAPL since he bought the club, the trickle down effect enhances the value of all L1 clubs.

He paid £18m, and it looks like the Aussies maybe value it at £25m. That all seems to me to be broadly reasonable, assuming clean title and no undiscovered nonsense surrounding player contracts.

There is no basis I can see for a £40m sale price, other than that RD desperately needs it in order not to lose face in the Belgian business community. I am afraid that so far you have not argud in sufficient depth to convince me that a figure above circa £25m has any business-based merit.

• addick100 said:

Time to stop laughing. The distance between that number and £40M is not that much farther off than what many here said the club was worth (I can find several posts here claiming £15-20M a few months back.) How likely is that now?

And I also claimed he would never eat a £20-30M loss no matter what. 1291 pages and a year later, I've been more right that those who claimed a sale was imminent and have gone into hiding on this board.
    We may have lost another £10M since you last posted on this matter. So you possibly think we're worth about £87M now ?
    I can't recall what you called it. But wasn't it along the lines of the more we lose/borrow, the more we are worth ?
    No, I claimed the "enterprise value" is higher. It is. But enterprise value is not necessarily the same as what a club will sell for.

We are worth more than we were bought, even though we are a League lower. That's a fact. There are dozens of people who claim that is not possible. Not only is it possible, it is a stone cold reality. And if we are ever sold, it will be proven.
    I assume your argument is roughly that since more money has been tipped into the FAPL since he bought the club, the trickle down effect enhances the value of all L1 clubs.

He paid £18m, and it looks like the Aussies maybe value it at £25m. That all seems to me to be broadly reasonable, assuming clean title and no undiscovered nonsense surrounding player contracts.

There is no basis I can see for a £40m sale price, other than that RD desperately needs it in order not to lose face in the Belgian business community. I am afraid that so far you have not argud in sufficient depth to convince me that a figure above circa £25m has any business-based merit.

Also the £18m was a distressed sale (said it at the time) as the Spivs were broke and desperate as proved in court papers.

£20m to £25m was the Deloitte valuation when in the championship IIRC but the Spivs wanted more like £35m.

Should have sold when we finished 9th and the value was at its, recent, peak but just like Roland they were greedy and based the price on what they needed to raise not what the club was worth.
  • addick100 said:

SAving face is what it must be all about for Roland. He's messed up, but will never ever admit it. Atm he admits he made a mistake going into football, which I guess gives him some sort of excuse.

• Fear not people.

Acworth has a plan!

@HenryIrving10 talking to a well known Charlton employee today he said it seems takeover is close to collapse thanks roland its now time start an fc club Thurruck ground is available at 2.9m im sure we can get funding somewhere run it

Peninsula doesn't look so bad now does it!

• addick100 said:

SAving face is what it must be all about for Roland. He's messed up, but will never ever admit it. Atm he admits he made a mistake going into football, which I guess gives him some sort of excuse.

That’s what I don’t get. He’s already admitted his mistake so if he’s lost any face in the Belgium business community, it’s already happened. Surely by hanging out for an unrealistic price is just compounding his mistake.
    If he was a 'normal' person would completely agree. But he appears to hold certain 'unique' opinions on things that skew a 'normal' view. I mean most people who are 72 this year and have had a relatively successful career (outside of the football stuff) would be looking to wind down a bit, find a successor for the business and take a back seat...
  • Addickted said:

addick100 said:

Also the £18m was a distressed sale (said it at the time) as the Spivs were broke and desperate as proved in court papers.

£20m to £25m was the Deloitte valuation when in the championship IIRC but the Spivs wanted more like £35m.

Which is the main reason Duchatalet bought us - he thought he was getting a bargain, which is why he wasn't too worried about the DD issues.

caveat emptor

• addick100 said:

That’s what I don’t get. He’s already admitted his mistake so if he’s lost any face in the Belgium business community, it’s already happened. Surely by hanging out for an unrealistic price is just compounding his mistake.
    Well, I am not so sure he is at that stage yet (or perhaps more correctly, he may not feel that way yet). He definitely walked away from Standard with millions of euros in his back pocket. I have no idea of what he got from the sale of STVV, but anyway he still owns all the land and infrastructure there, it brings him revenue. He probably paid very little for the other three clubs, and at Jena probably wants to hang on to his 49% as he is doing similar to what he has done at STVV with the stadium. So he probably thinks that if he adds a profit of £20m from Charlton that will still enable him to say "look, told you so, I the genius that is Roland Duchatelet, made a profit from football when others lost their shirts"

Unfortunately....

• It's a weird one isn't it. With each passing month Duchatelet takes a bigger financial haircut but his ego seems to make him cling onto the hope that an investor will be willing to pay + £35 million. None of us can see that happening yet he is the so called business genius. Meanwhile the contracts of our decent players are running down and will leave for free at the end of the season, unless he invests more money now. It is a nightmare scenario for him, all of his own making.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!