Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Sounds imminent!
  • It’s happening
  • IanJRO said:

Sounds imminent!

The meeting with the EFL is about the only thing that sounds imminent
  • Interestingly, they still maintain that papers have to be lodged with the EFL. Someone's telling Porkies ....
  • _MrDick said:

Interestingly, they still maintain that papers have to be lodged with the EFL. Someone's telling Porkies ....

Not necessarily telling porkies. EFL say they aren't holding anything up - which implies the Aussies haven't submitted the correct paperwork yet.

• edited September 2018
    Scoham said:
    Can’t all of the interested parties chip in a contribution and set up management based upon an anarcho-syndicalist commune. They can take it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week
  • _MrDick said:

Interestingly, they still maintain that papers have to be lodged with the EFL. Someone's telling Porkies ....

Probably the Aussies haven’t got all their investors ready yet so can’t submit the final paperwork
  • Is my memory that bad or does this contradict what douchbag said in his last little tantrum?

"It should be noted that the lack of progress in any change of control at the club is not as a result of the parties waiting for the EFL to process the necessary documentation"
  • Sponsored links:

• IAgree said:

Scoham said:
    Can’t all of the interested parties chip in a contribution and set up management based upon an anarcho-syndicalist commune. They can take it in turns to act as sort of executive officer for the week
    Would there be a difference in voting for purely internal decisions?
  • IAgree said:

Scoham said:
    The decisions of that officer would have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.......
  • IAgree said:

IAgree said:

Scoham said:
    The decisions of that officer would have to be ratified at a special biweekly meeting.......
    Have you not considered giving total control to however has been given a sword by the lady of the lake?
  • Lol. He is going to come across as such a twat in that meeting. Can't wait
  • Chizz said:

IAgree said:

IAgree said:

Scoham said:
    Have you not considered giving total control to however has been given a sword by the lady of the lake?
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Bloody peasant!
  • Chizz said:

IAgree said:

IAgree said:

Scoham said:
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
    Bloody peasant!
    Don't you oppress me!
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

IAgree said:

IAgree said:

Scoham said:
    Bloody peasant!
    Don't you oppress me!
    Oh, shut up
  • I wonder if @A-R-T-H-U-R has any comments about this and would like to wade in and mete out some magic sword of justice mediation or beheadings
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2018
    I'm off to get my better half to polish it vigorously, since you're asking.
    It's what king's do.
  • If I went round saying I was Emperor, just because some moisten bint had lobbed a scimitar at me........
  • edited September 2018
    Addickted said:

If I went round saying I was Emperor, just because some moisten bint had lobbed a scimitar at me........

Are you one of the emperors with no clothes on or one of the ones with the saggy grey faces and prickly blue electricity in your fingers?

Edit: Or a penguin?
  • edited September 2018
  • Its all rubbish.

Roland said that the hold up was with the EFL the EFL have now come out and said that its not them Roland has now quickly had to say that its the Aussies not sending the EFL the paperwork.

Just admit you are a C**t and the delay is because of you

Paulie, I'm confident what you said isn't true.
    Charlton have always said the delay was due to the Aussies needing to submit further documents to the EFL.
    Some fans have then construed that as blaming the EFL for the delay.
    I admit the communication could be much clearer.

CAS Trust statement on 12th July said -

CAS Trust was present at a Fans Forum meeting on Wednesday at which Lieven De Turck (who is leading for the club on takeover negotiations) gave an update on the situation and answered questions from supporters.

"Lieven De Turck (LDT) said that the only issue holding up the takeover by the Australian consortium was that the consortium had not yet submitted all the required documents to the English Football League (EFL)."

https://www.castrust.org/2018/07/takeover-club-says-that-efl-requires-more-documentation/.

The statement in August said pretty much the same -

LDT reiterated that his number one priority is selling the club.

"He explained that, as per the last meeting, the Australian consortium have a deal fully agreed and just need to submit final papers to the EFL. LDT said he doesn’t know when documents will be lodged. He said he is talking to the group every couple of days.

A price is also agreed with the second party. They have completed due diligence. After the last Fans’ Forum on July 11th the second party went quiet but in the last week they have become more active. They would still like to stay off the radar."

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5b7dc1d66a6ea/club-answer-fans-forum-takeover-questions
  • Beardface said:

One of the best film scenes ever written.

Palin's delivery of a Marxist utopian society still makes me laugh and I must of seen it over 20 times.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!