Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• If he doesn’t have his own money, just access to his family’s, then I would hope that would be enough to fail the FPP test. That scenario would put the club at risk if his family decided to stop giving him money.

But if he really has over a billion of his own money, and can prove it, I can’t se any reason they would turn him down.

Estimated personal wealth of £1.4 Billion. No idea how accurate that is.

Yep, I saw that, but if he had the money, and he wanted to succeed, why did he appear to cut off funding to Forest? I thought I read in one note that the family put and end to it. Maybe just speculation by someone, but it could be his share of the family pot is 1.4, but he doesn’t have unfettered access to it.

• Yep, I saw that, but if he had the money, and he wanted to succeed, why did he appear to cut off funding to Forest? I thought I read in one note that the family put and end to it. Maybe just speculation by someone, but it could be his share of the family pot is 1.4, but he doesn’t have unfettered access to it.

A lot of Forest fans got the impression they gave Fawaz pocket money to keep him away from the family business.
  • Guess those blokes just need our Credit Cards and Pin Numbers to complete the deal...
  • Dansk_Red said:

According to the Evening Standard the club will not be sold to Fawaz Al-Hasawi due to the photograph appearing on social media.

According to the Evening Standard, the club will not be sold to Fawaz Al-Hasawi due to the story appearing on social media about the sale of the club being prevented because of the photograph appearing on social media.
  • Chizz said:

Dansk_Red said:

According to the Evening Standard the club will not be sold to Fawaz Al-Hasawi due to the photograph appearing on social media.

According to the Evening Standard, the club will not be sold to Fawaz Al-Hasawi due to the story appearing on social media about the sale of the club being prevented because of the photograph appearing on social media.
    Not being funny, if he offered the full amount Roland isn’t going to say no.
  • Chizz said:

Dansk_Red said:

I find this not credible to be honest. If he was offering what Rolly what he wanted I am sure the club would be sold to him. Sounds like an excuse to me.
  • J BLOCK said:

Chizz said:

Dansk_Red said:

Redrobo said:

Chizz said:

Dansk_Red said:

I find this not credible to be honest. If he was offering what Rolly what he wanted I am sure the club would be sold to him. Sounds like an excuse to me.
    I was making the point that the Evening Substandard were rehashing a story that had already appeared on social media from a very reliable source, ie Richard Cawley.

It's easy to imagine that RD would be very happy to leak the fact of a potential buyer and to find an excuse for it not to proceed. Who knows whether Fawaz Al-Hasani had agreed a price for the club? Who knows whether he even made a bid?

If he had, I think RD would want the Aussies to know about it as soon as possible. So the leak of this photo would be absolutely to the advantage of RD.

It can also be speculated that RD would want a leak to come out later in the process (if there ever was a process). So maybe there's been a bit of toy-throwing from the Belgian because the story came out before a bid was made?
  • What side put the photo up and what side ain't happy?
  • Sponsored links:

Don’t know the answer to putting the photo up question but none of thise in the picture look like happy to me, there’re too tall
  • Chizz.....in saying that the publishing of the photos is to Goldfingers advantage is to assume that he is thinking in the way you would imagine.
    After all these years can you ‘honestly ‘ say that anyone other than he himself knows what the fuck he’s thinking......and where CAFC are concerned that has an ever changing pattern.....he has always from the word go run the show on some weird song and a prayer ego trip and will continue to do so right up until the moment pen is put to paper.
    He is a bit deranged you know.
  • No appearance from scarfy...must be fake news.
  • Solidgone said:

No appearance from scarfy...must be fake news.

I heard scarfy has been sold ... cost-cutting.
  • Not sure how serious this is and judging by Cawleys tweet it might be a non starter but it sounds like we might potentially be choosing between Hitler and Stalin

Anyone but Roland but I trust the NFFC fans, proper fans like us

Not sure any of us can take another lunatic running the club

Never make it easy do we
  • Curb_It said:

Oh no... oh god.

More overseas interest at the Valley today.

Kenya this time but am informed no takeover imminent from this party but they would say that, wouldn't they.

In the dug outs and signing in at the museum.

imageimage

Is Tommy Wiseau taking us over?
  • Chizz said:

J BLOCK said:

Chizz said:

Dansk_Red said:

Redrobo said:

Chizz said:

Dansk_Red said:

I was making the point that the Evening Substandard were rehashing a story that had already appeared on social media from a very reliable source, ie Richard Cawley.

It's easy to imagine that RD would be very happy to leak the fact of a potential buyer and to find an excuse for it not to proceed. Who knows whether Fawaz Al-Hasani had agreed a price for the club? Who knows whether he even made a bid?

If he had, I think RD would want the Aussies to know about it as soon as possible. So the leak of this photo would be absolutely to the advantage of RD.

It can also be speculated that RD would want a leak to come out later in the process (if there ever was a process). So maybe there's been a bit of toy-throwing from the Belgian because the story came out before a bid was made?
    I don’t think he made a bid. I think he just laughed when he heard the price!

The Aussies will have a smirk on their faces as well.
  • Has this bloke actually ever made any money himself, or just lived off handouts from his family? Sounds like he was completely out of his depth running Forest. Wouldn't want him anywhere near Charlton.
  • Curb_It said:

Oh no... oh god.

Kenya this time but am informed no takeover imminent from this party but they would say that, wouldn't they.

imageimage

No he is naaaaawwt.
  • Sponsored links:

Fawaz himself posted on Instagram and his assistant Hassan Said posted the photo on Twitter. Both have been deleted, so it must be Roland’s side that isn’t happy.
  • edited September 2018

What side put the photo up and what side ain't

What side put the photo up and what side ain't happy?

Don’t know the answer to putting the photo up question but none of thise in the picture look like happy to me, there’re too tall
    Fawaz uploaded the photo onto his own twitter feed first of all, it was then later deleted.

• irudd123 said:

Curb_It said:

Oh no... oh god.

imageimage

No he is naaaaawwt.

I did not buy them I did naaaat
  • De truck to Roland - Fawaz’ bitch just posted on twitter.
    Roland - oh I’m not selling to them then.

I find this unlikely and I don’t buy cawleys tweet earlier as I don’t think he had any insight into this and is feeding off scraps.

My money is that it’s on!

I find this unlikely and I don’t buy cawleys tweet earlier as I don’t think he had any insight into this and is feeding off scraps.

It's a bit like a bloke winning £30m on Euro Millions and askin for his stake back because they're gonna pay it in 3 equal instalments over 3 month

My money is on its not ever been on and it never will.

It’s happening!
  • Fcuk this thread
    Night night all.

Yeah. Cawley? What would he know? He may be a diligent, professional and thorough journalist providing qualified information from public and private sources, but why would that make him trustworthy?

Whereas I'm much more convinced by the fact you're prepared to put money on It, having had access to more than just scraps: you've seen a photo as well.

Yeah, I reckon your detailed, forensic examination of masses of information is much more reliable and accurate than anything a well-connected, reputable and experienced, full-time professional would come up with.

:wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!