Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Valley11 said:

Having had time to reflect, if they bring in a Varney as CEO (or similar) plus a group of people who know the club to run it, he might have learnt lessons and it’ll be ok.
    If he does what he did at Forest and run it himself, we could be in trouble.

@Grapevine49 for CEO
  • Bring it on ------ get RD and his arsewipes out
  • I just want Roland gone.
  • A warm welcome, Fawaz - thank you for being our saviour. Things are on the up.

Nurse, NURSE .....!
  • Just ploughed through 250 new posts - oh dear

At least it gives @MuttleyCAFC time to work on the FOT logo
  • "close the thread, close the thread"

Viva la thread
  • Sponsored links:

Dazzler21 said:

The funny thing about all of these tweets is none of them know what life with Roland has been like.

What were NFFC's league table finishes with him in charge? Any relegations?

Did he stop supplying the youth team with Food and Water?

Did he sell any sign of academy talent at the first opportunity?

It appears that he sold a number of first teamers without the Manager even knowing it would happen. In one case the day after that player had scored. An academy player worth money is the same isn't it?
  • Duchatelet has probably had LDT trying to interest all the best ex owners he can find - this guy, Cellino, Bechetti, Simon Jordan - just to spite us.
    He might have learned lessons from his f*** ups at Forest, but the interference with selection and selling talented players out from under the manager don't bode well.
  • Obviously I'm too young to get the

SE9 said:

He won’t be buying it. Won’t pay the £50 million plus all debts. Roland apparently said he still wants a say in the training ground too after he has sold it.

Not sure the price was ever 50m AND the debt, that'd make the price over 100m.

Obviously I'm too young to get the

SE9 said:

He won’t be buying it. Won’t pay the £50 million plus all debts. Roland apparently said he still wants a say in the training ground too after he has sold it.

Just saying what he told someone I know

• SE9SE9
    edited September 2018
    Just saying what he told some one I Know
  • One aspect I'd be interested to hear from Forest fans is how long it took Fawaz to sell the club and how he behaved during the sale

I've long believed that we just need to get Roland out regardless of who comes in... the bloke is a disease to Football and is proving he's happy to let this takeover drag out because he'll just asset strip and cut costs until there is absolutely nothing left - On the other hand, despite Forest fans warning us of constant failures from this bloke they were (1) Never relegated and (2) Never forced to protest

Eventually he sold the club and there seemed to be little fuss about him selling (like how Roland has acted) and Forest have been able to move on - Find it interesting that he didnt show much interest in the Academy @ Forest though as per Andy Reid's comments, wonder in which way as looking at previous seasons their U18s and U23s have had a similar sort of season to Charlton Academy at the same level
  • Sponsored links:

• Just finished the documentary.

Sounds like a very Duchatelet asset strip however it did seem that he was trying to get rid of dead wood and rebuild.

2 of his managers served over a year and the goal each time was promotion.

They remained until he sold as a top half side battling to break into the playoffs.

They bought some very good players and let some go.

The whole Boyd situation was just weird.
  • shirty5 said:
    He may have taken over the window cleaning contract
    Doesn’t Leyland Van Daft lick them for 3-days a week? Better than Mr Sheen I reckon
  • LouisMend said:
    probably the reason why the original tweets have been taken down.
  • LouisMend said:
    probably the reason why the original tweets have been taken down.
    Though the photo was first released on his own twitter feed .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!