Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I understand it to be:

HSOOOOHW

I've tried saying that and it sounds vaguely Japanese. Any significance ?
  • Blimey. This thread has actually moved on since I last looked...
  • Chizz said:

#16 We understand the aforementioned under soil heating was developed without the inclusion of a new boiler.

#17 Furthermore we understand that a boiler can be retro-fitted into position, thereby completing the entire under soil heating system.

#18 Additionally we understand that the space into which a new boiler could fit has been designed so that, broadly, any, generic boiler - either new, or previously-owned - could be utilised.

#19 Given that we intend to purchase a second-hand device in order to facilitate sufficient hot water to operate the under soil heating, do you have any objection to the new machine being named after an individual well connected to the club?

#20 In conclusion, and with respect to the above points #16 - #19 (inclusive) we hereby determine and confirm that the name for the "old boiler" will be... Sue Parkes

Marvellous
  • edited November 2017
  • I can go back to sleep now, safe in the knowledge that we may, possibly, eventually, get a new boiler.

• Blimey. This thread has actually moved on since I last looked...

Only in the number of posts. Nothing to see. I'm trying to decide who to believe.. Airman Brown or Angeldust
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder what page number we'll be on by the time he finally sells.
  • edited November 2017
    DOUCHER said:

Hex said:

DOUCHER said:

sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

J BLOCK said:

Also being mentioned that DD has highlighted “more than 30” areas of concern.

Anyone ITK can confirm or deny?
    It was slightly more than 30 originally, but the lawyers have worked through them and two thirds have been addressed. I'm told there's nothing unusual in that number.
    So we’re looking at perhaps 10 or so problems , which may or may not put the kibosh on a deal this week
    It's not clear that any of them would be an obstacle. Some things just need you to go away and do something rather than simply explain.

If you've ever bought a house, it's quite usual for the buyer's solicitor to ask for things from the seller - warranties for improvements, etc - that haven't been put on the table at the outset. A business is a lot more complicated, obviously, but I assume it's the same principle.
    So these problems should be something that the club will actively sort out in order for a deal to ether be completed or be completed quicker?

By your analogy, I guess problems are effectively down to value versus actual state - for instance a buyer would pay say £1m for a larger well maintained car park but due diligence has found that there are potholes everywhere!?
    Exactly what's happening, which is why any claims it's a "non-story" are for the birds.
    So do we take it from that that the directors with an Interest have been contacted in order to fill some of the 'potholes'? and my source is indeed telling porkies? Be good to know as it may stave off a nervous breakdown for one or 2 on here as I dread to think what could happen if it does all turn out to be nonsense
    So, what's the sound of someone taking back a whoooosh ?
    What u asking me for? Airman still hasn't confirmed what the evidence is nor do o expect him to so other than cl royalty who may be itk on it, you are all just taking some bodies word for it as the actual form that the evidence has come in hasn't even been disclosed - check his answer to my question above before getting cocky if I were you - and btw I am not saying airman is a liar
    Morning Daisy
  • DOUCHER said:

J BLOCK said:

DOUCHER said:

sammy391 said:

sammy391 said:

J BLOCK said:

Also being mentioned that DD has highlighted “more than 30” areas of concern.

Anyone ITK can confirm or deny?
    It was slightly more than 30 originally, but the lawyers have worked through them and two thirds have been addressed. I'm told there's nothing unusual in that number.
    So we’re looking at perhaps 10 or so problems , which may or may not put the kibosh on a deal this week
    It's not clear that any of them would be an obstacle. Some things just need you to go away and do something rather than simply explain.

If you've ever bought a house, it's quite usual for the buyer's solicitor to ask for things from the seller - warranties for improvements, etc - that haven't been put on the table at the outset. A business is a lot more complicated, obviously, but I assume it's the same principle.
    So these problems should be something that the club will actively sort out in order for a deal to ether be completed or be completed quicker?

By your analogy, I guess problems are effectively down to value versus actual state - for instance a buyer would pay say £1m for a larger well maintained car park but due diligence has found that there are potholes everywhere!?
    Exactly what's happening, which is why any claims it's a "non-story" are for the birds.
    So do we take it from that that the directors with an Interest have been contacted in order to fill some of the 'potholes'? and my source is indeed telling porkies? Be good to know as it may stave off a nervous breakdown for one or 2 on here as I dread to think what could happen if it does all turn out to be nonsense
    It's not nonsense though, we've established this plenty of times through plenty of posters and sources.
    If it doesn't happen it will be for various reasons but not because there isn't serious interest.
    Well I spent quite a bit of a long train journey on Friday on here trying to establish what the evidence was and it boiled down to not much from what I could make out
    You seem fairly dense.
    I would do to you
  • seth plum said:

I have absolutely no doubt, 100%, that the club has been responding to questions that arrive from due diligence, moreover seeking to address issues that arise.
    Whether that means a deal can be done eventually remains to be seen, but the club have been involved in the buying/selling process, or at least the lead up to it, of that I am absolutely convinced.

It's known they have been trying to sell it since relegation
  • cafc999 said:

DOUCHER said:

seth plum said:

I have absolutely no doubt, 100%, that the club has been responding to questions that arrive from due diligence, moreover seeking to address issues that arise.
    Whether that means a deal can be done eventually remains to be seen, but the club have been involved in the buying/selling process, or at least the lead up to it, of that I am absolutely convinced.

Yet the apologists keep saying that it will only be sold if we get promotion or that de cloob is not for sale
    Good point.
  • cafc999 said:

DOUCHER said:

seth plum said:

Yet the apologists keep saying that it will only be sold if we get promotion or that de cloob is not for sale
    Don't know what you call an apologist but as a realist my bet is it will be sold at the end of this season,ideally from everybodys point of view - other than those completely bent out of shape - on promotion - I think it will be sold anyway even if we don't go up
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc999 said:

DOUCHER said:

seth plum said:

Obviously I am a bit out of touch, but who are the apologists and what are they apologising for? There appear to be two of them as you state that they hold opposing views as to if the club is for sale: which makes being lumped under one heading of 'apologists' a bit confusing?

It could be read that you do not think we will be promoted and therefore both are saying we will not be sold?
  • Addickted said:

Just popping out now, so I'm back in time for the 'phone call.

Once I've signed off the statement it can go on the OS.

Looks like an Avatar change needed again......

Good luck, hope you get the sign off you want
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!