Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited November 2017
    So anyway lets cut through all the bullshit - when do we think Philip Anschutz will be confirming the purchase of CAFC lock, stock and barrel?

• Swisdom said:

So anyway lets cut through all the bullshit - when do we think Philip Anschutz will be confirming the purchase of CAFC lock, stock and barrel?

1 December 2017
  • 1 Jan 2018
  • Swisdom said:

1 December 2017
    5 December 2017
  • Philip who?
  • Swisdom said:

You heard the AEG rumour as well then.
  • Swisdom said:

when he sends his first email to Robinson advising him to buy a new Quarter Back & to make more use of the dee-fence in the end zone...
  • My mates boss’s mates friend brother’s friend’s second cousin is Richard Murray and says it’s all bullshit.
  • Sponsored links:

• But he does tell white lies every now and then
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

HarryLime said:

Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?

Nowt has happened. Douch has turned up again to see if he can wind either Henry or The Airman up.
    HarryLime said:

Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?

Nowt has happened. Douch has turned up again to see if he can wind either Henry or The Airman up.
    HarryLime said:

hope it's true but my source says it isn't and he is party to the inner sanctum - im not the one who has people wound up about a takeover although I appreciate the likes of airman and Irving hate the thought that somebody knows more than them which is quite amusing

@DOUCHER out of interest mate, what exactly was it that your source said 'isn't true' ?

Rumours RD is prepared to sell / the club is up for sale? That there is buying interest? DD process being undertaken / has concluded? Post-DD negotiation is taking place?

What isn't true ? My reading of when you posted this was a generic 'there's nothing happening and all these rumours are a load of bull', which may well be the case, but I'm interested in being clear whether that was what your source was saying. Cheers
    My source has told a family member of mine (who happens to be a long standing supporter and somebody who has done a lot over the years to help the club in times of trouble, not a 'Beard' as Henry so condescendingly puts it - but that's his way so lets leave it at that), I think the words were 'it's a non story and nothing is happening'. I would no more make that up than any of those who are saying it is happening. I've offered that info up to the board and got a bit of abuse for it probably because people think I have an agenda - I don't and never have had. If you say something that goes against the grain you are accused of being a WUM - that's fine but probably isn't conducive to people coming on here and offering up what might be seen as unwanted information.
    Ok @DOUCHER thanks for coming back. I don't know who your source is but I have a suspicion from what you say what avenue it may come down. If that is the case, from past experience being 'economical with the truth' is not something that would surprise me.
  • Swisdom said:

I do hope so .
    They tried to buy into the club years ago and got a knock back.
  • Ben18 said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

hope it's true but my source says it isn't and he is party to the inner sanctum - im not the one who has people wound up about a takeover although I appreciate the likes of airman and Irving hate the thought that somebody knows more than them which is quite amusing

@DOUCHER out of interest mate, what exactly was it that your source said 'isn't true' ?

Rumours RD is prepared to sell / the club is up for sale? That there is buying interest? DD process being undertaken / has concluded? Post-DD negotiation is taking place?

What isn't true ? My reading of when you posted this was a generic 'there's nothing happening and all these rumours are a load of bull', which may well be the case, but I'm interested in being clear whether that was what your source was saying. Cheers
    My source has told a family member of mine (who happens to be a long standing supporter and somebody who has done a lot over the years to help the club in times of trouble, not a 'Beard' as Henry so condescendingly puts it - but that's his way so lets leave it at that), I think the words were 'it's a non story and nothing is happening'. I would no more make that up than any of those who are saying it is happening. I've offered that info up to the board and got a bit of abuse for it probably because people think I have an agenda - I don't and never have had. If you say something that goes against the grain you are accused of being a WUM - that's fine but probably isn't conducive to people coming on here and offering up what might be seen as unwanted information.
    I think it's a fair point. You have given your view and perhaps getting unfair criticism.

What I would say based on what I have read, is that your info is wrong. Maybe people here should just accept your source is wrong rather than assume your winding people up, but I certainly think something is going on.
    my source wouldn't be wrong - there's an outside chance he may be lying
    or I should say, 'being conservative with the truth'
    Clearly no need to labour that point, Ben !
  • Swisdom said:

I do hope so .
    They tried to buy into the club years ago and got a knock back.
    I thought it was Murray upping the price at the last minute and then AEG telling him to poke it
  • edited November 2017
    Swisdom said:

What? Anschutz?

• Sponsored links:

• I think that boat has long sailed.
  • Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

What? Anschutz?

I think @Swisdom means anschluss

We're merging with an Austrian team
  • Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

What? Anschutz?

No, Belgium is to become part of Germany.

At least that's what I heard.

• Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

What? Anschutz?

I'm really struggling to keep up with this.

• Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

What? Anschutz?

You're just winding me up now....

• HarryLime said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

I think it's a fair point. You have given your view and perhaps getting unfair criticism.

What I would say based on what I have read, is that your info is wrong. Maybe people here should just accept your source is wrong rather than assume your winding people up, but I certainly think something is going on.
    So your source must be RD, that's the only person who could possibly know, 100%.
    If it's somebody lying then maybe it's Meire. She has form.
    That's a terrible thing to say.
  • Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

What? Anschutz?

They have tried that before, along with a huge chunk of Europe.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

Do you have evidence that he can't possibly be wrong?
    What sort of evidence? I'm no Poirot, but I'm very confident in that statement.
    The sort of evidence you wanted from Airman would do.
    I haven't seen any evidence - I was asking if Airman had or whether it was just verbal - I'm none the wiser on that score
    and btw - it wasn't me that started a thread that has lasted 130 pages so I don't think it was an unfair question
    Nor did Airman, but, y'know.
    And my question wasn't addressed to airman y'know
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!