Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• bobmunro said:

These people imo (definitely on the selling side and more than likely on the buying side) have absolutely no genuine love for the good of Charlton Athletic.

Everything boils down to money.

It’s business, and ultimately all business is about money - cost of investment, funding that investment, and any likely return on that investment.

Whatever it costs it will be more than we are currently worth as a league one club, so the return on investment figures must be based on at least one promotion, probably two.

Unless of course we can pull a stupidly rich owner who wants a toy and hope that he or she becomes attached in a meaningful way to that toy - or we pull a seriously rich owner who also happens to be a Charlton fan as well - but I’m too busy at the moment ;-)
    I know Bob, I get that it's business. I just can't get away from looking at it with some form of romantic, social responsibility notion. To me owning a football is being the custodian of people's dreams, a centre point of a community, a piece of history. I don't think I can think of a higher owner than to hold that responsibility. To see if t as just some cold business deal like buying a garage breaks my heart.
    Me also, Danny.

There are some that still hold true to that notion - the Coates family for one, and Peter as Chairman in particular. I know the Burton chairman as well and he’s cut from the same cloth.

• bobmunro said:

These people imo (definitely on the selling side and more than likely on the buying side) have absolutely no genuine love for the good of Charlton Athletic.

It’s business, and ultimately all business is about money - cost of investment, funding that investment, and any likely return on that investment.

Whatever it costs it will be more than we are currently worth as a league one club, so the return on investment figures must be based on at least one promotion, probably two.

Unless of course we can pull a stupidly rich owner who wants a toy and hope that he or she becomes attached in a meaningful way to that toy - or we pull a seriously rich owner who also happens to be a Charlton fan as well - but I’m too busy at the moment ;-)
    I know Bob, I get that it's business. I just can't get away from looking at it with some form of romantic, social responsibility notion. To me owning a football is being the custodian of people's dreams, a centre point of a community, a piece of history. I don't think I can think of a higher owner than to hold that responsibility. To see if t as just some cold business deal like buying a garage breaks my heart.
    Some do Dan even if they don’t get it right every time , I know that Simon Corney at Oldham has made mistakes and had hard calls to make and has faced criticism but he really does believe in what you have posted and that weighs heavily on him , but they have to have feet in both camps and sometimes that makes them seem uncaring
  • For any beards asking for evidence this was my source for starting the thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4406218/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-ready-sell-up.html

But look at date, is this still ongoing?

PUBLISHED: 19:01, 12 April 2017 | UPDATED: 00:34, 13 April 2017
  • ross1 said:

For any beards asking for evidence this was my source for starting the thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4406218/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-ready-sell-up.html

Not necessarily no, already been said that there are other parties involved.
  • edited November 2017
    ross1 said:

Possibly but unlikely imho but some can't quite grasp that it's an old thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not sure when the first reports about the Japanese buying STTV came about but it was certainly months ago.

Maybe, just maybe, Roly and his team are a little incompetent when it comes the legal stuff.

These things take time.

Also don’t forget he’s feeling a bit footballmoe at the moment so have some sympathy for the old codger.

Chill Winston.
  • What's all this beard not nonsense?? I can't be the only one that hasn't got a clue??

Would be a lot easier for everyone if all the childish tit for tat jibbing could be parked.

Grown men and all that malarkey. Poor old @i_b_b_o_r_g has got enough to look into as it is

A beard is someone who fronts for someone else

As it turns out this beard is actually getting their info 2nd hand via a relative (who isn't a beard or in any way being critised) but still gives it absolute uncritical credibility in order to try and score cheap points.

All very sad and all very unnecessary.
  • bobmunro said:

I know Bob, I get that it's business. I just can't get away from looking at it with some form of romantic, social responsibility notion. To me owning a football is being the custodian of people's dreams, a centre point of a community, a piece of history. I don't think I can think of a higher honour than to hold that responsibility. To see if t as just some cold business deal like buying a garage breaks my heart.
    Brighton are very lucky to be owned by a wealthy lifelong fan who clearly has ambition and knows how to run a club.
  • edited November 2017
    ross1 said:

The link also shows a photo of the ground from 1992 , like running a report on Spurs and showing a photo of Gordon Durie
  • 166 new posts, fingers crossed....
  • ....first 40 posts are just @doucher bleating on....
  • edited November 2017

Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

So anyway lets cut through all the bullshit - when do we think Philip Anschutz will be confirming the purchase of CAFC lock, stock and barrel?

What? Anschutz?

I think @Swisdom means anschluss

We're merging with an Austrian team
    Will that mean Red Red Robin will be replaced by The Lonely Goatherd, as we come out?
    I know that, as a club, we're doing quite well on the whole LGBTQ+ thing, bit is that not taking things a bit far?

Anyway, presumably, as friends of Dorothy, we should be played something from the Wizard of Oz.

There is a tune lurking in the back of my head that might be apt, come the departure of our fragrant and lovely CEO. Something to do with "ding, dong" I think, but not Leslie Phillips....
  • What's all this beard not nonsense?? I can't be the only one that hasn't got a clue??

Would be a lot easier for everyone if all the childish tit for tat jibbing could be parked.

Grown men and all that malarkey. Poor old @i_b_b_o_r_g has got enough to look into as it is

As it turns out this beard is actually getting their info 2nd hand via a relative (who isn't a beard or in any way being critised) but still gives it absolute uncritical credibility in order to try and score cheap points.

I think I get it now but what would the beard be called if the source was a beard ?
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

any news on Delort by the way?

Yeah - he still looks like a knob!
  • Hex said:

What's all this beard not nonsense?? I can't be the only one that hasn't got a clue??

I think I get it now but what would the beard be called if the source was a beard ?
    A merkin.

Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

So anyway lets cut through all the bullshit - when do we think Philip Anschutz will be confirming the purchase of CAFC lock, stock and barrel?

What? Anschutz?

Will that mean Red Red Robin will be replaced by The Lonely Goatherd, as we come out?
    I know that, as a club, we're doing quite well on the whole LGBTQ+ thing, bit is that not taking things a bit far?

Anyway, presumably, as friends of Dorothy, we should be played something from the Wizard of Oz.

There is a tune lurking in the back of my head that might be apt, come the departure of our fragrant and lovely CEO. Something to do with "ding, dong" I think, but not Leslie Phillips....
    I always thought a beard was a women who was being 'dated' by a gay man to pass himself off as straight to family, colleagues etc. The women is in on the ruse btw.

Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

What? Anschutz?

I always thought a beard was a women who was being 'dated' by a gay man to pass himself off as straight to family, colleagues etc. The women is in on the ruse btw.
    Me too, seem's we're right!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_(companion)

However, if we accept Henry's definition, surely Airman and anyone else passing on informatino from their sources are also beards? I wonder why only Doucher receives the attacks he does.
  • Can we start a new thread on beards please.

Far more interesting than the (potential/secret/fictitious/failed/in-progress/imminent/stalled/unlikely/impossible/dreaded/counter-productive/life-saving/non-existent) bloody take-over.
  • ......have you ever wanted the ‘its Happened’ gif more?
    160 new posts, all a combo of beard analysis and white-lie-telling friends.
    Please sell Roland.....to end this thread!
  • I just keep looking at the thread title to see if anything’s changed and then start my Tourette’s off again by reading the thread and shouting expletives at my iPad

• CafcCrazy said:

154 new posts sincer yesterday and all I’ve gained from it is doucher is an actual Douche.

And that u have absolutely nothing to offer
  • bobmunro said:

I know Bob, I get that it's business. I just can't get away from looking at it with some form of romantic, social responsibility notion. To me owning a football is being the custodian of people's dreams, a centre point of a community, a piece of history. I don't think I can think of a higher honour than to hold that responsibility. To see if t as just some cold business deal like buying a garage breaks my heart.
    We had that and when he ran out of money - even after spending the bulk of that money on bailing the club out from going under he gets abused rotten because he is no longer of any use apparently
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!