Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• What's all this beard not nonsense?? I can't be the only one that hasn't got a clue??

Would be a lot easier for everyone if all the childish tit for tat jibbing could be parked.

Grown men and all that malarkey. Poor old @i_b_b_o_r_g has got enough to look into as it is

A beard is someone who fronts for someone else

As it turns out this beard is actually getting their info 2nd hand via a relative (who isn't a beard or in any way being critised) but still gives it absolute uncritical credibility in order to try and score cheap points.

All very sad and all very unnecessary.

Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

So anyway lets cut through all the bullshit - when do we think Philip Anschutz will be confirming the purchase of CAFC lock, stock and barrel?

What? Anschutz?

I think @Swisdom means anschluss

We're merging with an Austrian team
    Will that mean Red Red Robin will be replaced by The Lonely Goatherd, as we come out?
    I know that, as a club, we're doing quite well on the whole LGBTQ+ thing, bit is that not taking things a bit far?

Anyway, presumably, as friends of Dorothy, we should be played something from the Wizard of Oz.

There is a tune lurking in the back of my head that might be apt, come the departure of our fragrant and lovely CEO. Something to do with "ding, dong" I think, but not Leslie Phillips....
    I always thought a beard was a women who was being 'dated' by a gay man to pass himself off as straight to family, colleagues etc. The women is in on the ruse btw.
    Me too, seem's we're right!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beard_(companion)

However, if we accept Henry's definition, surely Airman and anyone else passing on informatino from their sources are also beards? I wonder why only Doucher receives the attacks he does.
    Precisely - its childish and insulting - I pass on what I know, i am not a mouthpiece for anybody, never have been and never will be.
  • lolwray said:

i really am looking forward to a game of football at the weekend

What games that?
  • edited November 2017
    lolwray said:

i really am looking forward to a game of football at the weekend

Enjoy, this thread is not compulsory reading btw :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• The only thing that will actually kill off this tortuous thread is when Roland sells up. Until then it's like the everlasting serpent.
  • The only thing that will actually kill off this tortuous thread is when Roland sells up. Until then it's like the everlasting serpent.

Do you mean the “ one eyed trouser snake?”

The only thing that will actually kill off this tortuous thread is when Roland sells up. Until then it's like the everlasting serpent.

The one-eyed member you refer to doesn't last forever.
  • DOUCHER said:

What's all this beard not nonsense?? I can't be the only one that hasn't got a clue??

Would be a lot easier for everyone if all the childish tit for tat jibbing could be parked.

Grown men and all that malarkey. Poor old @i_b_b_o_r_g has got enough to look into as it is

A beard is someone who fronts for someone else

As it turns out this beard is actually getting their info 2nd hand via a relative (who isn't a beard or in any way being critised) but still gives it absolute uncritical credibility in order to try and score cheap points.

All very sad and all very unnecessary.
    I have offered up what I know - you started the beard stuff in your usual condescending manner which is probably why u always seemed to be in an argument -whatever a beard is anyway. I don't expect or want an apology but I do expect the likes of u to stop people with a differing view from wanting to post on here.
    Calm down dear.
  • @Airman Brown do you think the potential Konsa sale has an impact at all on the takeover discussions?

Eg the takeover won't happen until Konsa is sold ?
  • cafcwill said:

@Airman Brown do you think the potential Konsa sale has an impact at all on the takeover discussions?

Eg the takeover won't happen until Konsa is sold ?

I wouldn't have thought so.
  • Sponsored links:

• I appreciate that people like to pass on good news on this forum & believe a takeover was /is a possibility, but there now seems to be a lot of back tracking on all sides, which inevitably leads to a certain amount of ridicule.

Whilst I believe original intentions are good, sometimes it's best to say nothing at all
  • Slightly perturbed that a comment made at a fans meeting has now put us on the back foot as far as future negotiations are concerned.

Let's hope that if this is to happen then the four Premier Teams listed are prepared for a bidding war. I expect Gomez's performance last night would in some way increase Konsa's desirability.
  • Addickted said:

Slightly perturbed that a comment made at a fans meeting has now put us on the back foot as far as future negotiations are concerned.

Let's hope that if this is to happen then the four Premier Teams listed are prepared for a bidding war. I expect Gomez's performance last night would in some way increase Konsa's desirability.

was that comment made at City Addicks? If so then its only Robinson to blame and he needs to be more circumspect especially with regard to fees.

• What Doucher informs us about the takeover process is informative and probably credible from his perspective. We shouldn't slag him off just because it is negative news as far as we are concerned. If we continue to treat him badly then other potential informants will back off.

He wasn't slagged off for negative news
  • Addickted said:

Slightly perturbed that a comment made at a fans meeting has now put us on the back foot as far as future negotiations are concerned.

What's this in relation to?
  • Greenie said:

Someone take Douchers shovel away please.

He's digging a tunnel straight to Oz - will make travel for the new owners easier...

Unfortunately I think he may get lost and end up digging to South America.
  • DOUCHER said:

bobmunro said:

These people imo (definitely on the selling side and more than likely on the buying side) have absolutely no genuine love for the good of Charlton Athletic.

Everything boils down to money.

It’s business, and ultimately all business is about money - cost of investment, funding that investment, and any likely return on that investment.

Whatever it costs it will be more than we are currently worth as a league one club, so the return on investment figures must be based on at least one promotion, probably two.

Unless of course we can pull a stupidly rich owner who wants a toy and hope that he or she becomes attached in a meaningful way to that toy - or we pull a seriously rich owner who also happens to be a Charlton fan as well - but I’m too busy at the moment ;-)
    I know Bob, I get that it's business. I just can't get away from looking at it with some form of romantic, social responsibility notion. To me owning a football is being the custodian of people's dreams, a centre point of a community, a piece of history. I don't think I can think of a higher honour than to hold that responsibility. To see if t as just some cold business deal like buying a garage breaks my heart.
    We had that and when he ran out of money - even after spending the bulk of that money on bailing the club out from going under he gets abused rotten because he is no longer of any use apparently
    One of the reasons he gets abuse is because he chose to align himself with the spivs and against people (like Varney and Kavanagh) who had supported him for many years, then chose to spread misinformation about such people in the margins of meetings where his comments couldn't be exposed to scrutiny. On the one occasion he did this from the platform he was called out for it by Wendy Perfect. It's water under the bridge, but hardly a basis for trust.

Let's not forget either that there are also other people who put millions into Charlton and wrote it off for the good of the club. RM doesn't show them a lot of respect, from what I can see. A number of them were banned several times under the spivs, as was his own lawyer. Where was he then?

RM is a director of the club, not an employee. Why does he need others to speak for him, if not for deniabiity?</blockquote

There’s not much to argue with there
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!