Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• oh no there is it, look. Above inside one of those frames. Boom boom!

Sort of loses it when you're on the next page!! :wink:

Are you actually down under Kiwi? If so try posting whilst doing a headstand :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

oh no there is it, look. Above inside one of those frames. Boom boom!

Are you actually down under Kiwi? If so try posting whilst doing a headstand :wink:
    Poor effort.
  • RedChaser said:

Poor effort.
    I'll take that as token of appreciation from you mate :wink:
  • Uboat said:

In the end this thread will get so big that its gravitational pull will draw in all the other threads until they are absorbed into one super-thread. Then a small group will set out to kill this thread so that we can restart Charlton Life. It will go terribly wrong, but just as they are about to be destroyed Roland will sell the club, causing reality to collapse and everyone to suddenly wake up, sweating and confused, before realising that the whole thing has been a wacky episode of Star Trek, where they all take drugs and go into the holo-deck.

That's what I reckon, anyway.

I am in complete agreement with you on this Uboat. In fact this is without question a most logical and sensible post, certainly in comparison with many of the recent posts.
  • Cabbles babbles :wink:

• Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Poor effort.
    I'll take that as token of appreciation from you mate :wink:
    Don't!
  • cabbles said:

Every day that passes the takeover gets one day closer.
    When it happens Douchbag and his minions must go completely, no keeping hold of the valley or anything it must be a clean break.

Also Murray Parkes and the rest of the gang must leave as well.
    I don't want any remains of the regime to remain at our club whatsoever.

I take your point Blackpool and understand your views. I’m a bit the opposite. When they leave I want it to be used as a catalyst for everyone to come together, even those that have stood in support of the regime.

I thought Henry’s post re: RM was spot on earlier. I appreciate some of you see him as a Judas etc and I can understand that, but we need to be united again

Although I don’t agree with Sue Parkes’ behaviour and how she’s gone about things since RD has been owner, Chris has been a great club servant, the club is his life and for me, there shouldn’t be any illwill toward them or Murray after this

I know that might not sit right with some, and it may contradict with your principles (and that’s fair enough). I just want them gone and for all fans to be united again.

I don’t believe the club can be successful with a divided fan base
    cabbles said:

When it happens Douchbag and his minions must go completely, no keeping hold of the valley or anything it must be a clean break.

I take your point Blackpool and understand your views. I’m a bit the opposite. When they leave I want it to be used as a catalyst for everyone to come together, even those that have stood in support of the regime.

I thought Henry’s post re: RM was spot on earlier. I appreciate some of you see him as a Judas etc and I can understand that, but we need to be united again

Although I don’t agree with Sue Parkes’ behaviour and how she’s gone about things since RD has been owner, Chris has been a great club servant, the club is his life and for me, there shouldn’t be any illwill toward them or Murray after this

I know that might not sit right with some, and it may contradict with your principles (and that’s fair enough). I just want them gone and for all fans to be united again.

Well said
  • Uboat said:

In the end this thread will get so big that its gravitational pull will draw in all the other threads until they are absorbed into one super-thread. Then a small group will set out to kill this thread so that we can restart Charlton Life. It will go terribly wrong, but just as they are about to be destroyed Roland will sell the club, causing reality to collapse and everyone to suddenly wake up, sweating and confused, before realising that the whole thing has been a wacky episode of Star Trek, where they all take drugs and go into the holo-deck.

That's what I reckon, anyway.

Finally, a sensible explanation of what the fuck’s going on :smile:
  • cabbles said:

The reason we have a divided fanbase is directly due to those who run the club.
    The fanbase can only be United when they are gone.
    As for Murray I will always be grateful for him giving Charlton the most successful period in my lifetime but it's time for him to leave.
    As off the Parkes I have it on good authority that the reason Chris does not tell Sue to keep quiet is because he agrees with what she has said.
    A clean break would be my preference but I do respect what you are saying.
    Yeah it’s crap because I totally see it from your point of view as well and we’re all equal in our support

I’ve never understood how anyone can stick up for the regime, but would like to think when they go, there will be no bad blood between the fan base
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

As for Murray I will always be grateful for him giving Charlton the most successful period in my lifetime but it's time for him to leave.
    As off the Parkes I have it on good authority that the reason Chris does not tell Sue to keep quiet is because he agrees with what she has said.
    Yeah it’s crap because I totally see it from your point of view as well and we’re all equal in our support

I’ve never understood how anyone can stick up for the regime, but would like to think when they go, there will be no bad blood between the fan base
    Can't argue with you there mate,a United fanbase can only be a good thing.
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

What we have to mix with Man U fans now?
  • cabbles said:

cabbles said:

What we have to mix with Man U fans now?
    I was thinking Scunthorpe
  • cabbles said:

Agree with you on this @cabbles Not sure what Chris Parkes has done wrong but I can think of lots of things he has done right.
  • cabbles said:

Agree with you on this @cabbles Not sure what Chris Parkes has done wrong but I can think of lots of things he has done right.
    Not gonna argue with you on here mate as I know you are friends and you have defended him on here in the past.
    If we ever meet I will gladly discuss with you over a pint.
  • Sponsored links:

• Every day that passes the takeover gets one day closer.

Agree re Murray who had a real platform to stand up and be counted when it mattered but chose to literally sit shoulder to shoulder with them as they made cock up after cock up with substantial detriment and defend them dismissing the early day mass protesters. He largely lived off the success Curbishley brought and it went south when Curbs left exposing this particularly with the pettiness with Jordan and the subsequent Dowie distraction amongst other thing.

Disagree Chris Parkes and such others. He has little influence in the bigger scheme of things and by that token would you want KR, Jackson, Peacock, Bolder etc all to go?

Would imagine this past few years have been difficult for many fans like him and others that work there and not easy to just walk away or want to from a dream job.

• cabbles said:

Not gonna argue with you on here mate as I know you are friends and you have defended him on here in the past.
    Happy to do that.
  • edited November 2017

cabbles said:

With Blackpool on this - the whole of the Parkes family, including their son all need out of our club
  • Chris Parkes is a lovely proper Charlton man

I have always found him to be an absolute gent

I would have completely agreed with that six months ago.

But after hearing about his confrontation with @SoundAsa£ my view has changed significantly.

• RedChaser said:

I am and have just come up with a diverting new thread idea,....stand by
  • Chizz said:

Did anyone really buy shares thinking they'd make a profit, and not lose 100% of their value eventually?

Unlikely, most people bought shares so they owned a (albeit tiny) part of the club. A part they then had taken from them without a bye or leave.
    Well, here is my point of view. If you buy a season ticket, you get to watch a bunch of games and, at the end of the season, your season ticket has no value at all.

With the share sale, we all (well, lots of us) bought shares. That enabled the club to survive and progress. The fact was that for the club to continue to progress, we all had to chuck our shares back in. And we didn't, as you say, get a "bye or leave". At that point, they had no value.

In reality, there were two options. The first was that we had to take a haircut on the value and suffer from not having a "thank you" from the board.

The second was to hold on to the shares and watch the club disappear in a cloud of debt.

So I am happy that I ended up with worthless shares and a valuable club, but no "thank you"; than worthless shares and a no club. We all lost out. But we all gained by doing so.
  • Addickted said:

Chris Parkes is a lovely proper Charlton man

I have always found him to be an absolute gent

I would have completely agreed with that six months ago.

But after hearing about his confrontation with @SoundAsa£ my view has changed significantly.

What happened , is it public knowledge what was said ?
    Obviously understand if the confrontation is a private matter .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!