Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Seems to be lots of stories in the Belgian & Dutch media regarding Duchatelet selling STVV. Some direct quotes as well as video interviews with the great man.
    I don't understand a word of it, but have none of these media outlets asked him what he intends to do with us?
  • Takeover update 17 November 2017

Belgian journo reports that Duchatelet is "tired" and looking at other things following sale of STTV to Japanese group.

Robinson say he has had minimal contact with Roland and hasn't spoken to him since pre-season.

No other new info in the public domain
  • Takeover update 17 November 2017

Belgian journo reports that Duchatelet is "tired" and looking at other things following sale of STTV to Japanese group.

Robinson say he has had minimal contact with Roland and hasn't spoken to him since pre-season.

No other new info in the public domain

He's being lined up to lead Brexit negotiations.
  • Wonder if the Sint Truiden forum's potential takeover thread was as insane as ours

For that matter, were the Sint Truiden fans as anti Roland as we are, and indeed the Standard Liege fans were before he sold them?
    Not much of a comparison, They are a fraction of our size and Duchatelet's personality looms large over the town, so many work for him directly or indirectly and he was probably seen, quite rightly, as a safer pair of hands because he wouldn't strangulate the club or put them in an invidious longterm commercial position.
    I was told by the Chief of Police that most of his business interests were out of town, for example Melexis is more than an hour drive away, and not many locals were employed by him. Believe me the locals do not like him.

• Will Roland start to buy/sell players mid sale like he did at Liege?
  • edited November 2017
    I'd like to believe the deal can be completed before christmas... If at all.

Gives the new owner a chance to see what Robbo is planning in January

If the deal completes in January/Feb I am certain it will be because RD delayed it as much as possible to asset strip us and leave us a crumpled mess on the floor.

However he wouldn't cut off his nose, to spite his face would he?
  • Sponsored links:

• The only one left to cash in on is Konsa which is inevitable whoever the owners are. I'd hope it would happen under new owners as the football club may actually see the money then. If we're in due diligence can he even sell off players / assets?

I think he's done his cashing in already knowing that he was going to sell up. We know we've sold Cousins, Pope, Gudmundsson, Gomez, Harriott, Lookman etc. without much of it going back into the club despite the nonsense about the training ground they try and spin to us.
  • Hex said:

With the current takeover being at the critical/final stage (we hope), I cannot see Roland being allowed by the prospective owners to go on a selling spree without their approval.

Agreed, if RD sells £7m worth of players in January, any new owners will knock £7m from the price.

Indeed if he ripped the heart out of the team, form slumped and Robinson resigned, it would possibly reduce the value of the club more than the £7m income, as a Top 2/3 club fighting for promotion is a lot more attractive than one sliding down the table
  • The only one left to cash in on is Konsa which is inevitable whoever the owners are. I'd hope it would happen under new owners as the football club may actually see the money then. If we're in due diligence can he even sell off players / assets?

I think he's done his cashing in already knowing that he was going to sell up. We know we've sold Cousins, Pope, Gudmundsson, Gomez, Harriott, Lookman etc. without much of it going back into the club despite the nonsense about the training ground they try and spin to us.

The wage bill far exceeds the club revenue. Player sales money has gone back into the club to balance the books, as much as possible.

Roland is not taking money out, he's losing a lot.

Also to the poster who said his form shows he only considers the present and not the future. Incorrect, he initially bought foreign youngsters with a view to selling them later on at an increased value. It worked for 1 or 2, and was catastrophic for others but the intent was there.
    He also refurbished the pitch and training ground.

We would all prefer Roland left, but criticism really should be careful not to be incorrect as it undermines the real causes for dissatisfaction.

The wage bill far exceeds the club revenue. Player sales money has gone back into the club to balance the books, as much as possible.

Roland is not taking money out, he's losing a lot.

Also to the poster who said his form shows he only considers the present and not the future. Incorrect, he initially bought foreign youngsters with a view to selling them later on at an increased value. It worked for 1 or 2, and was catastrophic for others but the intent was there.
    He also refurbished the pitch and training ground.

We would all prefer Roland left, but criticism really should be careful not to be incorrect as it undermines the real causes for dissatisfaction.
    Other than Gudmundsson, I don’t think he’s made a single profit on an (overseas) signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Dazzler21 said:

Will Roland start to buy/sell players mid sale like he did at Liege?

I fear this is the way forward. Anyone worth more than tuppence will be offloaded if we aren't careful.

Roland has to decide whether he'll get more from the sale of assets or whether our value is greater in January if we are looking likely to get promoted.

I'd hope January sale, lock stock and barrel including all property. No players sold. AEG pump a few million into the squad to ensure promotion and we are in the Champions League within 4 or 5 years. Something like that any way

If anyone is in the process of buying us then the sale of players should be prohibited otherwise the valuation will be affected. When you buy a club you by all of the assets which includes the players. In business take-overs the seller normally has to guarantee that the existing management and key personnel will be part of the deal - even to the extent of paying people 'stay on' bonuses.
  • If existing management stay as part of the deal there isn't much point in selling.
  • cafc-west said:

Swisdom said:

Dazzler21 said:

Will Roland start to buy/sell players mid sale like he did at Liege?

I fear this is the way forward. Anyone worth more than tuppence will be offloaded if we aren't careful.

Roland has to decide whether he'll get more from the sale of assets or whether our value is greater in January if we are looking likely to get promoted.

I'd hope January sale, lock stock and barrel including all property. No players sold. AEG pump a few million into the squad to ensure promotion and we are in the Champions League within 4 or 5 years. Something like that any way

If anyone is in the process of buying us then the sale of players should be prohibited otherwise the valuation will be affected. When you buy a club you by all of the assets which includes the players. In business take-overs the seller normally has to guarantee that the existing management and key personnel will be part of the deal - even to the extent of paying people 'stay on' bonuses.
    Not necessarily, during the due diligence process assets will be valued and then deducted if they are no longer held by the selling company at the time of sale.
  • If existing management stay as part of the deal there isn't much point in selling.

I guess you mean the smt not the football management team?
  • cfgs said:

If existing management stay as part of the deal there isn't much point in selling.

Correct
  • cfgs said:

If existing management stay as part of the deal there isn't much point in selling.

Correct
    Ok then I agree entirely.
  • Addickted said:

I think some of you are also underplaying the repainting of the stairs in the stands, yellow.

How soon we have forgotten those magnificent hexagonal goal nets.
    By far the best goal nets in league 1.
    For that Roland, we are grateful.
  • I feel privileged to have seen so many managers coaches in such a short space of time. Grandad would of been green with envy... Thankyou you Belgian fuckwit!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!