Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Interestingly, Sint Truiden are doing pretty well this season, currently 4th in the table, 5 points ahead of Standard Liege
  • Tweet from respected Belgian Football Journo

Definitely " Time To Go " then, fingers and everything else crossed !

• edited November 2017

Tweet from respected Belgian Football Journo

The money is obviously to fund KR’s dealings in the transfer market in January and next summer
  • Tweet from respected Belgian Football Journo

Definitely " Time To Go " then, fingers and everything else crossed !

My eyes are always crossed for CAFC :smile:
  • Ok, its that time for

"Guys......."

Seriously, been a gentle meander down Nonsense Avenue, but grateful if this thread can return to being used SOLELY for takeover related talk from now on. Curbs, Beards, Adverts and Squeasy Cheesy Peas can soil many other threads on here, but lets have a go at keeping this one 'on point' as we darlings say in Performing Arts land.

Any follow up stuff off topic runs the risk of being deleted and a complete waste of your time as well as our moderators.

Ta muchos

Ibborg hasn’t slept since October 19th because of you lot
  • To be fair - St Truiden are having their best ever season. Seems strange to get out now when they could be on the cusp of being worth a LOT more money
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

To be fair - St Truiden are having their best ever season. Seems strange to get out now when they could be on the cusp of being worth a LOT more money

They will be worth a lot more money now he's not there !!
  • edited November 2017
    STVV gains value = rent increase.

Is it not a bit strange that he sells his local club first ?
  • Wonder if the Sint Truiden forum's potential takeover thread was as insane as ours

For that matter, were the Sint Truiden fans as anti Roland as we are, and indeed the Standard Liege fans were before he sold them?
  • Wonder if the Sint Truiden forum's potential takeover thread was as insane as ours

Zou Jij?

For that matter, were the Sint Truiden fans as anti Roland as we are, and indeed the Standard Liege fans were before he sold them?
    No. Many people stopped supporting the club and those left often didn’t like Duchâtelet but nor did they seek to remind him of that as much as we did.

Has anyone been in contact with any St Truiden fans since the sale? To be honest, I half expected someone to post some links or something.

I'm not sure whether the lack of any celebratory news just means they are still all out on the biggest bender of their lives or whether the evil Count Duchetelet sucked all the lifeblood from their club years ago.
  • Stig said:

Wonder if the Sint Truiden forum's potential takeover thread was as insane as ours

Has anyone been in contact with any St Truiden fans since the sale? To be honest, I half expected someone to post some links or something.

I'm not sure whether the lack of any celebratory news just means they are still all out on the biggest bender of their lives or whether the evil Count Duchetelet sucked all the lifeblood from their club years ago.
    Pretty much the latter, so I understand.
  • Sponsored links:

Not much of a comparison, They are a fraction of our size and Duchatelet's personality looms large over the town, so many work for him directly or indirectly and he was probably seen, quite rightly, as a safer pair of hands because he wouldn't strangulate the club or put them in an invidious longterm commercial position.
  • Posted my comment in the "Robinson -I've brought the culture back to Charlton" thread ....

...as didn't want to enrage AFKA .

It's not a pretty sight.
  • Addickted said:

Wonder if the Sint Truiden forum's potential takeover thread was as insane as ours

Not much of a comparison, They are a fraction of our size and Duchatelet's personality looms large over the town, so many work for him directly or indirectly and he was probably seen, quite rightly, as a safer pair of hands because he wouldn't strangulate the club or put them in an invidious longterm commercial position.
    Or so you would have thought.

So many locals cannot wait to tell you what an absolute arsehole the man is - particularly those who frequent the Canaries bar.
    Much harder to get a strong protest going though when your numbers aren't great and he could potentially get back at many of those who might stick their heads above the parapet.
  • edited November 2017
  • Stig said:

Why would they celebrate, he's sold the football club but kept the ground & presumably all the commercial activities that go with it, maybe even a slice of the entry fee each game. I just don't see how this is going to have a happy ending. I will wash my mouth out after saying this & flay myself within an inch of my life but is it possible that without the ground they would have been better off with the doucebag still owning them. Also isn't the current CEO staying in that position even with the new owners ? I feel really sorry for St Truiden & dread anyone buying us in a deal that doesn't include all the assets.
    Ah, fair play I hadn't realised that he'd kept the ground.
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

Why would they celebrate, he's sold the football club but kept the ground & presumably all the commercial activities that go with it, maybe even a slice of the entry fee each game. I just don't see how this is going to have a happy ending. I will wash my mouth out after saying this & flay myself within an inch of my life but is it possible that without the ground they would have been better off with the doucebag still owning them. Also isn't the current CEO staying in that position even with the new owners ? I feel really sorry for St Truiden & dread anyone buying us in a deal that doesn't include all the assets.
    Stig said:

Stig said:

Tbf football is a fraction of what goes on there now. His doing, of course. Not a comparable situation with CAFC.
  • Stig said:

Stig said:

Stig said:

Stig said:

Tbf football is a fraction of what goes on there now. His doing, of course. Not a comparable situation with CAFC.
    No thankfully not, if he had had his claws into us that deep there would have been no hope. Which going back to my previous post I just don't see a happy outcome for St Truiden. Am I missing something here ? If he controls the commercial side, a slice of the pie for everyone entering the ground, ground sponsorship ( & this is only guesswork although I have seen this suggested previously) how do the japanese make this work ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!