Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Anyone seeing the ad for MIDI Guitar Synthesizer?

Been looking everywhere for one of those.
  • Yes, the way the shares were just written off left a bad taste in the mouth
  • _nam11 said:

Anyone seeing the ad for MIDI Guitar Synthesizer?

Been looking everywhere for one of those.

No, can't see it mate what does it look like :wink:
  • Did anyone really buy shares thinking they'd make a profit, and not lose 100% of their value eventually?
  • Chizz said:

Did anyone really buy shares thinking they'd make a profit, and not lose 100% of their value eventually?

Unlikely, most people bought shares so they owned a (albeit tiny) part of the club. A part they then had taken from them without a bye or leave.
    To quote another thread : “ You lost. Get over it”

;0)

• i bought 100 shares for the certificate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

i bought 100 shares for the certificate.

Me too
  • Is that a true figure h surely not

Rough rounding up buy here's my share certificate to prove it.

image.

Anyway, where are your vans on 1 December? Do they fancy a trip to SE7 @nth london addick
    Did Golfie advise you ? :wink:
    No, he took advice from Doucher, who had someone high up at the club with inside knowledge.
  • Uboat said:

In the end this thread will get so big that its gravitational pull will draw in all the other threads until they are absorbed into one super-thread. Then a small group will set out to kill this thread so that we can restart Charlton Life. It will go terribly wrong, but just as they are about to be destroyed Roland will sell the club, causing reality to collapse and everyone to suddenly wake up, sweating and confused, before realising that the whole thing has been a wacky episode of Star Trek, where they all take drugs and go into the holo-deck.

That's what I reckon, anyway.

Although fast catching up on views, this thread is still small to the 18.2K comments and over 600 pages of the 'general things that annoy you thread' The first thing to annoy anyone was Graham Norton. Happier Days.
  • At least every day longer, is a day nearer the Take Over actually happening !!
  • HarryLime said:

Uboat said:

In the end this thread will get so big that its gravitational pull will draw in all the other threads until they are absorbed into one super-thread. Then a small group will set out to kill this thread so that we can restart Charlton Life. It will go terribly wrong, but just as they are about to be destroyed Roland will sell the club, causing reality to collapse and everyone to suddenly wake up, sweating and confused, before realising that the whole thing has been a wacky episode of Star Trek, where they all take drugs and go into the holo-deck.

Although fast catching up on views, this thread is still small to the 18.2K comments and over 600 pages of the 'general things that annoy you thread' The first thing to annoy anyone was Graham Norton. Happier Days.
    Yes, but that thread focuses on things that annoy you. This one has taken on a life of its own and basically anything goes.
  • Uboat said:

I think you've already found the holo-deck mate,
  • Is that a true figure h surely not

image.

Anyway, where are your vans on 1 December? Do they fancy a trip to SE7 @nth london addick
    Did Golfie advise you ? :wink:
    No, he took advice from Doucher, who had someone high up at the club with inside knowledge. Although they might of been economical with truth
  • Sponsored links:

• Cheesy Peas!
  • Squeezy cheesy peas
  • Squeezy cheesy peas

• For some reason, I have skipped quite a few pages of this thread. Can't think why.

Anyway. I'm hoping that the Japanese takeover of of Sint Truiden is not a foretaste for us...

As expected, DMM.com has acquired all power at Sint Truiden. The Japanese take over all of Roland Duchâtelet's and his wife's duties. CEO Philippe Bormans remains in office. At the press conference of Wednesday morning, DMM announced its plans with STVV.

DMM was represented by Yusuke Moranaka and gave more insight into what exactly is going to change. "We want to give fun to the supporters and the people of Sint Truiden," he began with a charm offensive. "We are committed to youth and support them as well as possible. We want to be a club where the city can be proud."

The Japanese influence will also become noticeable ... "We want to introduce business from Japanese culture to provide entertainment around the matches. DMM has a lot of experience and offers over 40 services. We may have business we can apply at STVV. Whether we attract Japanese players? Nationality does not matter. If a player can contribute, we will get him regardless of nationality. "

Translate that to us and I read it as:

1. Katy stays;
    2. The DJ stays;
    3. The new owners will sell the Premiership stars of the future too; and
    4. The DJ will be accompanied by a karaoke machine!!!

Think I need to find a bridge... :-(
  • 1905 said:

Squeezy cheesy peas

Just catching up - I will presume from this last message that there is no update
    ?
    This has got me chuckling on the train home
  • A report in Voetbalprimeur this morning would seem very encouraging.

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws/775653/het-einde-van-duch-telet-zakenman-is-voetbalmoe-en-verkoopt-clubs-.html

Google translation here:

STVV is about to be sold to Japanese DMM.com. Roland Duchâtelet takes away from his team. Striking because he has other clubs in the portfolio. Although it does not seem to be long to go.

The chance is that we will not see the seventy-year-old businessman much more in the football world. According to Het Nieuwsblad, Duchâtelet has become footballmoe. He is therefore planning to sell all the clubs in his portfolio in a short period of time.

STVV is the first to sell. A good price was offered by the Japanese investors at the Limburg club. The Kanaries would still be held by Japanese DMM.com this week. The other clubs of Duchâtelet; Charlton Athletic, Carl Zeiss Jena and Alcorcon are on offer. He just has to find another correct buyer, or right price, for those clubs.

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

HarryLime said:

Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?

Nowt has happened. Douch has turned up again to see if he can wind either Henry or The Airman up.
    HarryLime said:

Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?

Nowt has happened. Douch has turned up again to see if he can wind either Henry or The Airman up.
    HarryLime said:

hope it's true but my source says it isn't and he is party to the inner sanctum - im not the one who has people wound up about a takeover although I appreciate the likes of airman and Irving hate the thought that somebody knows more than them which is quite amusing

@DOUCHER out of interest mate, what exactly was it that your source said 'isn't true' ?

Rumours RD is prepared to sell / the club is up for sale? That there is buying interest? DD process being undertaken / has concluded? Post-DD negotiation is taking place?

What isn't true ? My reading of when you

Is that a true figure h surely not

image.

Yes but I own one chair at Bury’s stadium and have done so for 15-16 years. The appreciation on that chair must be through the floor
  • A report in Voetbalprimeur this morning would seem very encouraging.

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws/775653/het-einde-van-duch-telet-zakenman-is-voetbalmoe-en-verkoopt-clubs-.html

Google translation here:

STVV is about to be sold to Japanese DMM.com. Roland Duchâtelet takes away from his team. Striking because he has other clubs in the portfolio. Although it does not seem to be long to go.

The chance is that we will not see the seventy-year-old businessman much more in the football world. According to Het Nieuwsblad, Duchâtelet has become footballmoe. He is therefore planning to sell all the clubs in his portfolio in a short period of time.

STVV is the first to sell. A good price was offered by the Japanese investors at the Limburg club. The Kanaries would still be held by Japanese DMM.com this week. The other clubs of Duchâtelet; Charlton Athletic, Carl Zeiss Jena and Alcorcon are on offer. He just has to find another correct buyer, or right price, for those clubs.

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

hope it's true but my source says it isn't and he is party to the inner sanctum - im not the one who has people wound up about a takeover although I appreciate the likes of airman and Irving hate the thought that somebody knows more than them which is quite amusing

@DOUCHER out of interest mate, what exactly was it that your source said 'isn't true' ?

Rumours RD is prepared to sell / the club is up for sale? That there is buying interest? DD process being undertaken / has concluded? Post-DD negotiation is taking place?

What isn't true ? My reading of when you

Is that a true figure h surely not

image.

Yes but I own one chair at Bury’s stadium and have done so for 15-16 years. The appreciation on that chair must be through the floor
  • For Fks sake what's going on here?! i can't post my witty joke
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!