Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• At a press conference this morning it was confirmed that Duchâtelet has sold his interest in STVV to Japanese online company DMM.

The Japanese e-commerce company DMM.com takes over football club Sint-Truiden completely. That is what the Limburgers have announced. The Japanese acquired the remaining 80 percent of the shares of Roland Duchâtelet after they bought 20 percent of the shares earlier this year.

'Belgium is one of the big European football countries, especially in youth training', commented new board member Yusuke Muranaka. 'We are convinced that we will get to know important aspects of European football through STVV. That is more important than the business aspect. '

The Duchâtelet family thus takes the final leave of STVV. The collaboration with the Stayen nv will continue to exist.

Voetbalmagazine.knack.be

what does this bit mean then?

• At a press conference this morning it was confirmed that Duchâtelet has sold his interest in STVV to Japanese online company DMM.

The Japanese e-commerce company DMM.com takes over football club Sint-Truiden completely. That is what the Limburgers have announced. The Japanese acquired the remaining 80 percent of the shares of Roland Duchâtelet after they bought 20 percent of the shares earlier this year.

'Belgium is one of the big European football countries, especially in youth training', commented new board member Yusuke Muranaka. 'We are convinced that we will get to know important aspects of European football through STVV. That is more important than the business aspect. '

The Duchâtelet family thus takes the final leave of STVV. The collaboration with the Stayen nv will continue to exist.

Voetbalmagazine.knack.be

what does this bit mean then?

Means he's holding onto the stadium and surrounding offices and shops he built I believe
  • Addickted said:

Slightly perturbed that a comment made at a fans meeting has now put us on the back foot as far as future negotiations are concerned.

Let's hope that if this is to happen then the four Premier Teams listed are prepared for a bidding war. I expect Gomez's performance last night would in some way increase Konsa's desirability.

was that comment made at City Addicks? If so then its only Robinson to blame and he needs to be more circumspect especially with regard to fees.

Yes and reported on here.
  • edited November 2017

Murray has to leave with Roland and Katrien.

He won’t be able to - he is the new owner.
  • lolwray said:

i really am looking forward to a game of football at the weekend

What games that?
    Harpenden v Leighton.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Addickted said:

Slightly perturbed that a comment made at a fans meeting has now put us on the back foot as far as future negotiations are concerned.

What's this in relation to?
    KRs comment at City Addicks that Konsa wouldn't go for less than £5m and the link posted by Danny Addick from the Team Talk website saying "Liverpool - Arsenal - Spurs boosted as Manager names price for defender".
  • I'll stick up for Richard Murray.

He was in charge for our most successful era of modern times and the achievement levels from the 90s/00s are still that against which many fans measure success.

It wasn't all him but he was the chairman and main funder of the club and for that he deserves respect.

He's has, IMHO, made a number of mistakes but he has paid, literally, millions for them.

I don't think he should have backed the Spivs, and I've told him that. He didn't agree.

I can see why he wanted to work with the Belgiums as they promised a new start. He wasn't the only one to welcome them.

I don't think he should have stuck around as the chaos ensured and he had the perfect opportunity to step away when he was ill (when there was genuine and heartfelt reaction from fans of all ilks).

I haven't spoken to Richard since the day Fraeye was appointed and I had an "interesting" meeting with Meire. I told him what I thought and he agreed with some of my views and disagreed with lot more. That's fine, he's his own man and he makes his own decisions.

I don't think he has served his reputation any good in the past few years and I wish he'd walked away to preserve that but that his choice. I will always have respect and gratitude for the big role he played in the Premier League era.

I would be happy if he gets a Life President or similar role under the new owners (whoever and whenever that happens) and can enjoy watching the team return to the premier league.

So, a sort of Charlton version of Robert Mugabe then? He has the same initials too!
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll stick up for Richard Murray.

He was in charge for our most successful era of modern times and the achievement levels from the 90s/00s are still that against which many fans measure success.

It wasn't all him but he was the chairman and main funder of the club and for that he deserves respect.

He's has, IMHO, made a number of mistakes but he has paid, literally, millions for them.

I don't think he should have backed the Spivs, and I've told him that. He didn't agree.

I can see why he wanted to work with the Belgiums as they promised a new start. He wasn't the only one to welcome them.

I don't think he should have stuck around as the chaos ensured and he had the perfect opportunity to step away when he was ill (when there was genuine and heartfelt reaction from fans of all ilks).

I haven't spoken to Richard since the day Fraeye was appointed and I had an "interesting" meeting with Meire. I told him what I thought and he agreed with some of my views and disagreed with lot more. That's fine, he's his own man and he makes his own decisions.

I don't think he has served his reputation any good in the past few years and I wish he'd walked away to preserve that but that his choice. I will always have respect and gratitude for the big role he played in the Premier League era.

I would be happy if he gets a Life President or similar role under the new owners (whoever and whenever that happens) and can enjoy watching the team return to the premier league.

This is where I am at re RM, having given recent history some thought, I dont want to kick him in the cobblers (metaphorically), yes he has made mistakes but without him or his dough there may not be a CAFC at the Valley, so I am grateful.
    I would like him to make a statement when the Rat and Liar have gone, along the line that he (RM) made some errors, then everyone can be friends again.
  • Can we please get back to the original topic, ie nobody knows what Roland is up to?
  • RedChaser said:

Ahhh, so the second hand source is Richard Murray then. That explains everything. New owner(a) please!

Yes, clear now that Bexley "I'm here for the argument" Dan's relatives source is Murray.

And Murray is clearly a strong and well connected source and so his statements should be considered in that light..

What was wrong was Dan/Douchers view that this one source trumped all others and made AB a liar.

He never stopped to consider that his 2nd hand info could be wrong or out of date or that Murray wasn't in a position to talk about the takeover.

But he waded in anyway, throwing verbal punches and gloating about his "victory" before realising that he hadn't scored the winning goal at all.

The rapid back tracking and playing of the victim card swiftly followed.

Back to ignore mode.
    nonsense - as far as I'm aware nothing has changed since the opening post on this thread or my opening statement on it - you do invent some nonsense - victory, liar... where have I sad any of that?? - I've passed on information that contradicts what others may have said - doesn't mean I've said they are lying.
  • One day the truth will out with regards our dramatic fall from grace

More things happen behind closed doors and offices than we will ever know

If Richard leaves I reckon he will let more than his fair share of biased one sided versions of Events

And that will lead to counter claims

Would make a great book
  • DOUCHER said:

bobmunro said:

These people imo (definitely on the selling side and more than likely on the buying side) have absolutely no genuine love for the good of Charlton Athletic.

Everything boils down to money.

It’s business, and ultimately all business is about money - cost of investment, funding that investment, and any likely return on that investment.

Whatever it costs it will be more than we are currently worth as a league one club, so the return on investment figures must be based on at least one promotion, probably two.

Unless of course we can pull a stupidly rich owner who wants a toy and hope that he or she becomes attached in a meaningful way to that toy - or we pull a seriously rich owner who also happens to be a Charlton fan as well - but I’m too busy at the moment ;-)
    I know Bob, I get that it's business. I just can't get away from looking at it with some form of romantic, social responsibility notion. To me owning a football is being the custodian of people's dreams, a centre point of a community, a piece of history. I don't think I can think of a higher honour than to hold that responsibility. To see if t as just some cold business deal like buying a garage breaks my heart.
    We had that and when he ran out of money - even after spending the bulk of that money on bailing the club out from going under he gets abused rotten because he is no longer of any use apparently
    One of the reasons he gets abuse is because he chose to align himself with the spivs and against people (like Varney and Kavanagh) who had supported him for many years, then chose to spread misinformation about such people in the margins of meetings where his comments couldn't be exposed to scrutiny. On the one occasion he did this from the platform he was called out for it by Wendy Perfect. It's water under the bridge, but hardly a basis for trust.

Let's not forget either that there are also other people who put millions into Charlton and wrote it off for the good of the club. RM doesn't show them a lot of respect, from what I can see. A number of them were banned several times under the spivs, as was his own lawyer. Where was he then?

RM is a director of the club, not an employee. Why does he need others to speak for him, if not for deniabiity?
    Interesting, and clearly knowledge that a very few are directly party to but I'm sure its all true - indeed many others have written money off - i know that very well - but none in the magnitude that RM has I suspect. Anyway, back to the point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

I suspect the investment I had in the Club that was written off without a by your leave or a thank you, meant more financially to me pro rata, than what RM 'lost'.

Indeed I know of one CL member who purchased a whole chunk of shares about a month before it was decided to make them worthless.

There noting to Lol about this post

There is if you're the one who bought 600k shares just before they were made worthless
  • Is that a true figure h surely not
  • I appreciate that people like to pass on good news on this forum & believe a takeover was /is a possibility, but there now seems to be a lot of back tracking on all sides, which inevitably leads to a certain amount of ridicule.

Whilst I believe original intentions are good, sometimes it's best to say nothing at all

Totally and 100% disagree. I want anyone that posts in good faith what they have heard to do so. It’s up to me to decide whether or not I believe it or what creedance I give the information.

Ridiculing such posters is I agree an absolute no no as far as I’m concerned. That on a fans forum is completely counter productive.

In fact at this point I’ll openly thank Airman, Doucher, Redhenry, NLA and anyone else who have posted things they have heard. Apologies to anyone if I’ve missed them off.

Keep it coming.

Thank you and I'm really not sure where all this backtracking lark comes from - I've passed on info (not in any sinister way as an informant or whatever) as it is info that may be of interest and wasn't told to me as being private info - and have been accused of all sorts - one of them effectively meaning that I may as well be replaced by a keyboard and that the only reason I get the info is because my source - who shall remain nameless - is using my family as his mouthpiece. And of course, I'm too stupid to understand that.... Do me a favour. Some people are so up their own backsides its ridiculous. I was expecting a reaction mind you and I guess that's what I got. Been interesting if nothing else.
  • Is that a true figure h surely not

Rough rounding up buy here's my share certificate to prove it.

image.

Anyway, where are your vans on 1 December? Do they fancy a trip to SE7 @nth london addick
  • They are not personally your shares though are they?
  • Addickted said:

They are not personally your shares though are they?

yes, all mine. I didn't pay full price for them though. It was a favour to the owner of all but 100 of them and we had lunch at Chapter 1 afterwards.
  • edited November 2017

Addickted said:

They are not personally your shares though are they?

yes, all mine. I didn't pay full price for them though. It was a favour to the owner of all but 100 of them and we had lunch at Chapter 1 afterwards.
    Still £5,283.94 if you paid a penny for them Henners :wink:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!