Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• This has become an extremely depressing thread . 450 thousand views and we still know bugger all about a take over.
  • Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

So anyway lets cut through all the bullshit - when do we think Philip Anschutz will be confirming the purchase of CAFC lock, stock and barrel?

What? Anschutz?

I think @Swisdom means anschluss

We're merging with an Austrian team
    Will that mean Red Red Robin will be replaced by The Lonely Goatherd, as we come out?
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

HarryLime said:

Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?

Nowt has happened. Douch has turned up again to see if he can wind either Henry or The Airman up.
    HarryLime said:

Had to skip the last 10 pages to catch up with the thread. Anything actually happening or can I put the party poppers away?

Nowt has happened. Douch has turned up again to see if he can wind either Henry or The Airman up.
    HarryLime said:

hope it's true but my source says it isn't and he is party to the inner sanctum - im not the one who has people wound up about a takeover although I appreciate the likes of airman and Irving hate the thought that somebody knows more than them which is quite amusing

@DOUCHER out of interest mate, what exactly was it that your source said 'isn't true' ?

Rumours RD is prepared to sell / the club is up for sale? That there is buying interest? DD process being undertaken / has concluded? Post-DD negotiation is taking place?

What isn't true ? My reading of when you posted this was a generic 'there's nothing happening and all these rumours are a load of bull', which may well be the case, but I'm interested in being clear whether that was what your source was saying. Cheers
    My source has told a family member of mine (who happens to be a long standing supporter and somebody who has done a lot over the years to help the club in times of trouble, not a 'Beard' as Henry so condescendingly puts it - but that's his way so lets leave it at that), I think the words were 'it's a non story and nothing is happening'. I would no more make that up than any of those who are saying it is happening. I've offered that info up to the board and got a bit of abuse for it probably because people think I have an agenda - I don't and never have had. If you say something that goes against the grain you are accused of being a WUM - that's fine but probably isn't conducive to people coming on here and offering up what might be seen as unwanted information.
    You did yourself no favours by(from the word go as a matter of fact), your condescending attitude.......no wonder folk think you’re something of a WUM.
    I appreciate your wise words but can I ask - are u henrys spokesman? Is he in the equivalent of an asbestos or trying to ween himself off of arguing because whenever I mention him, you seem to comment
  • This has become an extremely depressing thread . 450 thousand views and we still know bugger all about a take over.

And there would only be 3 pages if there was no bickering. Men huh!
    Now, now @Arsenetatters ... no call for misandry!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Swisdom said:

So anyway lets cut through all the bullshit - when do we think Philip Anschutz will be confirming the purchase of CAFC lock, stock and barrel?

What? Anschutz?

We could only dream of being owned by someone that wealthy.
  • With a £4-5 million sale of Konsa in the pipeline for January I can't see anything happening before then
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

HarryLime said:

hope it's true but my source says it isn't and he is party to the inner sanctum - im not the one who has people wound up about a takeover although I appreciate the likes of airman and Irving hate the thought that somebody knows more than them which is quite amusing

@DOUCHER out of interest mate, what exactly was it that your source said 'isn't true' ?

Rumours RD is prepared to sell / the club is up for sale? That there is buying interest? DD process being undertaken / has concluded? Post-DD negotiation is taking place?

What isn't true ? My reading of when you posted this was a generic 'there's nothing happening and all these rumours are a load of bull', which may well be the case, but I'm interested in being clear whether that was what your source was saying. Cheers
    My source has told a family member of mine (who happens to be a long standing supporter and somebody who has done a lot over the years to help the club in times of trouble, not a 'Beard' as Henry so condescendingly puts it - but that's his way so lets leave it at that), I think the words were 'it's a non story and nothing is happening'. I would no more make that up than any of those who are saying it is happening. I've offered that info up to the board and got a bit of abuse for it probably because people think I have an agenda - I don't and never have had. If you say something that goes against the grain you are accused of being a WUM - that's fine but probably isn't conducive to people coming on here and offering up what might be seen as unwanted information.
    You did yourself no favours by(from the word go as a matter of fact), your condescending attitude.......no wonder folk think you’re something of a WUM.
    I appreciate your wise words but can I ask - are u henrys spokesman? Is he in the equivalent of an asbestos or trying to ween himself off of arguing because whenever I mention him, you seem to comment
    How little you know me dear chap!
  • Doucher your source is wrong it was not a non starter and there was truth in what was posted originally I know that is 100% true.

However and this is based on nothing other than gut feel that may be the interest has subsided others are telling me I am wrong and i so honestly know that these things are so difficult to get over the line with posturing from both sides sometimes taking interested parties or selling parties away from the table

• With a £4-5 million sale of Konsa in the pipeline for January I can't see anything happening before then

Interesting point. I was going to say it makes no difference, Konsa will have an asset value and if they dispose of the asset before the sale, the price goes down.

But what if the asset value is set @ 2m, and he sell for 4m. I assume the sale price drops by the asset value, and Roly pays himself a 2m dividend.
  • edited November 2017

For any beards asking for evidence this was my source for starting the thread.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4406218/Charlton-owner-Roland-Duchatelet-ready-sell-up.html

What the hell has a beard got to do with it - leave me out of the petty squabbles!

• Doucher your source is wrong it was not a non starter and there was truth in what was posted originally I know that is 100% true.

However and this is based on nothing other than gut feel that may be the interest has subsided others are telling me I am wrong and i so honestly know that these things are so difficult to get over the line with posturing from both sides sometimes taking interested parties or selling parties away from the table

I certainly think there will be posturing, and that will make the actual situation hard to read.
  • Sponsored links:

• My real concern in all of this is that given how useless Meire is and how stubborn the Old Goat is, it might just prove too much for anyone genuinely trying to acquire the club. Duchatelet is so wealthy, he simply might drive too hard a bargain and be left shouldering the debt and having to go through it all again downstream when and if there are any takers left. If it doesn't complete before January or the deal falls through, I fully expect the Old Goat to cash in some of his player chips irrespective of the consequences - it's money he cares about, not the club or the personnel or the fans. Promotion is just a hike in operating costs for him.
  • Sometimes that posturing is to have the real threat of walking away on either sides when the balance of power shifts from seller to buyer and the buyer knows that they can take the piss a bit

We know RD doesn’t need to sell and it’s not a money issue that makes any posturing from him potentially fatal

Like I say I don’t know who or what is causing the slower than anticipated iminent takeover to be completed and I really do have a worry that this won’t be the last time we enter into this scenario before it happens
  • These people imo (definitely on the selling side and more than likely on the buying side) have absolutely no genuine love for the good of Charlton Athletic.

Everything boils down to money.
  • 154 new posts sincer yesterday and all I’ve gained from it is doucher is an actual Douche.
  • These people imo (definitely on the selling side and more than likely on the buying side) have absolutely no genuine love for the good of Charlton Athletic.

Perhaps it is better in the long term to have people with no connection to Charlton owning us?

It’s business, and ultimately all business is about money - cost of investment, funding that investment, and any likely return on that investment.

Whatever it costs it will be more than we are currently worth as a league one club, so the return on investment figures must be based on at least one promotion, probably two.

Unless of course we can pull a stupidly rich owner who wants a toy and hope that he or she becomes attached in a meaningful way to that toy - or we pull a seriously rich owner who also happens to be a Charlton fan as well - but I’m too busy at the moment ;-)
  • How about your boss-woman Bob? Loose change for her?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!