Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited November 2017

Wonder if the Sint Truiden forum's potential takeover thread was as insane as ours

For that matter, were the Sint Truiden fans as anti Roland as we are, and indeed the Standard Liege fans were before he sold them?
    Not much of a comparison, They are a fraction of our size and Duchatelet's personality looms large over the town, so many work for him directly or indirectly and he was probably seen, quite rightly, as a safer pair of hands because he wouldn't strangulate the club or put them in an invidious longterm commercial position.
    I was told by the Chief of Police that most of his business interests were out of town, for example Melexis is more than an hour drive away, and not many locals were employed by him. Believe me the locals do not like him.

The locals I spoke with were keen to whisper negatively about him because they said he has fingers in all the local businesses and a big say in everything that happens in the town. The police were all over us like rash and we had done nothing wrong and posed a threat to no-one when I was there. Even at the ground he owns just about everything you can see.
  • Seems to be lots of stories in the Belgian & Dutch media regarding Duchatelet selling STVV. Some direct quotes as well as video interviews with the great man.
    I don't understand a word of it, but have none of these media outlets asked him what he intends to do with us?

I can help you as I am fluent in Dutch and saw these interviews.

We're being sold this Monday.
    Not double Dutch?
  • We need a it’s not happening gif.
  • sammy391 said:
    You have to buy VOTV to find out. ;) wouldn't be worth AB making up all these rumours if he gave out the info for free.

Ohh wait.
  • J BLOCK said:

Heard a very very very loose rumour that it's a done deal ....

Bourneville Hand Grenade type loose.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Is that anything to do with a post on another forum (which could be a joke, can’t tell) or is it something else?
  • Addickted said:

I think some of you are also underplaying the repainting of the stairs in the stands, yellow.

Correct, and don't forget the almost installed undersoil heating.
  • Update summary 19 November

VOTV puts more flesh on the bone with the name of the legal firm doing DD and other info about a possible Australian connection (buy it if you want chapter and verse) but doesn't confirm the name of the buyer.

• J BLOCK said:

Is that anything to do with a post on another forum (which could be a joke, can’t tell) or is it something else?
    Don't read the other forum
  • I still have concerns over this consortium having enough money.
  • I'd like the Australian attitude at our club, win at all costs...
    The interview with the rugby coach after England battered them was good, they hate losing, and then https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4944030/crawley-manager-harry-kewell-confrontation-fans/arry Kewell yesterday, calling out the Crawley fans in the stand
  • I still have concerns over this consortium having enough money.

Muir wasn't involved initially when it was reported that the consortium were looking to raise more funds and rumours they couldn't buy the ground. If he is now involved or maybe leading I doubt there will be an issue of funds.

Of course he could now be acting alone, having heard through AFC or simply being a coincidence that both are Australian.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just because Muir is involved it also doesn’t mean there are not other funding gaps in their plan.

I’m still concerned until it’s certain we get new owners with enough money for club and The Valley and enough going forward.
  • I’m concerned that we will still be used openly as a feeder club for The Premiership in order to survive.
    As a fan of many many years I have seen so many of our top youngsters come and go I’ve lost count......it’s been soul destroying heartbreak for 60 years.
    Before I die, my one wish is that we become a club that doesn’t “have” to sell to survive but one that will keep our best young players and build a team using them alongside established well thought of pros in order to establish ourselves at Premiership level.
    We are known as ‘the go to club’ for any aspiring team that wants to succeed as we always seem to have something to offer them by way of having our best players wearing for sale signs around their necks.
    We have more f’ing scouts in our directors box than directors or club officials!
    Dream on SoundAs....dream on!
  • Just because Muir is involved it also doesn’t mean there are not other funding gaps in their plan.

I’m still concerned until it’s certain we get new owners with enough money for club and The Valley and enough going forward.

No it doesn't mean there are no gaps and it doesn't mean there are.

Let's start worrying that a meteor will land on the Valley tomorrow because no one can prove it won't.

IF IF IF a takeover happens then we can judge the relative wealth of the owner/s.
  • edited November 2017

Let's start worrying that a meteor will land on the Valley tomorrow because no one can prove it won't.

Aw man, anyone know how many square feet The Valley is?

https://www.movoto.com/blog/novelty-real-estate/asteroid/

No it doesn't mean there are no gaps and it doesn't mean there are.

IF IF IF a takeover happens then we can judge the relative wealth of the owner/s.
    Of course you’re right. I don’t know.

But I do know that the original AFC approach was less than impressive and widely accepted as without finance.

Yes I know that can change in an instant and Muir could solve all or some of that funding gap but given we can now I think, legitimately speculate that this takeover is Australian I am still concerned that the AFC group have now got enough to get things over the line but still not enough for what us fans like.

A buyout that doesn’t include The Valley wouldn’t exactly be many fans first choice of outcome regardless of getting shot of the Belgians.

And yes I have heard talk of exactly that.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!