Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Muir has about £250m more then RD I think,we are never going to get a billionaire.

Again, how do you know that Muir isn't tied up with another person or persons who are billionaires?

We don't know.

Some have suggested that Duchatelet is now a billionaire in any case.
    I'd suggest another word to describe Duchatelet ....but that's by the by.

Interested in AB's thoughts about an "underfunded domestic led takeover".

Having scrutinised VOTV last night, forsaking even the very fit Davood's performance in Strictly, I wonder whether he's referring to the former player mentioned therein who has been linked with a possible bid before.
  • edited November 2017

I find it hard to believe any new investor worth their salt, wouldn’t take part in DD if they didn’t have the appropriate funds in place, otherwise what’s the point, other than some ludicrous sense of grandiosity?

Funds to buy the club but funds to fund a drive to the Premier League?
    In many respects, Henry both, otherwise I say the same, what’s the point?

Why buy a club, if you don’t have sufficient funds to move it on to the next level?

Perhaps the premiership is unrealistic but if the Championship could be achieved and maintained in a competitive team perspective, then who knows what’s possible?
  • Just gambled on this going through in the next two days and bought Rochdale tickets.
  • I’m concerned that we will still be used openly as a feeder club for The Premiership in order to survive.
    As a fan of many many years I have seen so many of our top youngsters come and go I’ve lost count......it’s been soul destroying heartbreak for 60 years.
    Before I die, my one wish is that we become a club that doesn’t “have” to sell to survive but one that will keep our best young players and build a team using them alongside established well thought of pros in order to establish ourselves at Premiership level.
    We are known as ‘the go to club’ for any aspiring team that wants to succeed as we always seem to have something to offer them by way of having our best players wearing for sale signs around their necks.
    We have more f’ing scouts in our directors box than directors or club officials!
    Dream on SoundAs....dream on!

But that's the nature of any club outside the PL, and indeed most PL sides.

Sheffield United produced Phil Jagielka, Kyle Walker, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Harry Maguire (and other current PL players), Barnsley John Stones, Danny Rose started at Leeds, Raheem Sterling at QPR etc
  • I’m concerned that we will still be used openly as a feeder club for The Premiership in order to survive.
    As a fan of many many years I have seen so many of our top youngsters come and go I’ve lost count......it’s been soul destroying heartbreak for 60 years.
    Before I die, my one wish is that we become a club that doesn’t “have” to sell to survive but one that will keep our best young players and build a team using them alongside established well thought of pros in order to establish ourselves at Premiership level.
    We are known as ‘the go to club’ for any aspiring team that wants to succeed as we always seem to have something to offer them by way of having our best players wearing for sale signs around their necks.
    We have more f’ing scouts in our directors box than directors or club officials!

But that's the nature of any club outside the PL, and indeed most PL sides.

Sheffield United produced Phil Jagielka, Kyle Walker, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Harry Maguire (and other current PL players), Barnsley John Stones, Danny Rose started at Leeds, Raheem Sterling at QPR etc
    Yeah we have to accept our best players will always move on. That's the case whether they are academy players like Gomez or even signings like Bent. It's even worse now because of the almost unlimited funds for the club's at the top.

Would be nice to be able offer players a reason to stay though. To do that we need to offer decent money but also the chance to grow and be competitive, not be bright stars in shit teams like Lookman was.

Thing with Gomez is that he thought he could go and play at Liverpool. His move is turning out how he hoped and working out. Moves like that of Poyet are just ridiculous and for the money.
  • I'd like the Australian attitude at our club, win at all costs...
    The interview with the rugby coach after England battered them was good, they hate losing, and then https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4944030/crawley-manager-harry-kewell-confrontation-fans/arry Kewell yesterday, calling out the Crawley fans in the stand

The Sun: 'The Crawley boss has done little to warm himself to fans'

Endear?
  • On a slightly different note, when do the EFL get involved with their "fit & proper " test ? ( forget for a moment that the "test" is anything but a sham). I would hope its before any sale is finalised, as any other scenario would be plain daft. I mean, what''s the point of any scrutiny if the deals already been signed, sealed & delivered. Anyone know ??
  • Slow news month
  • Sponsored links:

• On a slightly different note, when do the EFL get involved with their "fit & proper " test ? ( forget for a moment that the "test" is anything but a sham). I would hope its before any sale is finalised, as any other scenario would be plain daft. I mean, what''s the point of any scrutiny if the deals already been signed, sealed & delivered. Anyone know ??

After the deal is done I believe.

I seem to remember deals being announced at other clubs as "subject to passing the fit and proper person test".

I also suspect that no one would trust the ELF/FA to keep it confidential.

It's likely that it would be seen as a rubber stamp in any case given the people, Maximo at Leeds for example, who have got through.
  • <

Muir has about £250m more then RD I think,we are never going to get a billionaire.

Again, how do you know that Muir isn't tied up with another person or persons who are billionaires?

We don't know.

Some have suggested that Duchatelet is now a billionaire in any case.
    I'd suggest another word to describe Duchatelet ....but that's by the by.

Interested in AB's thoughts about an "underfunded domestic led takeover".

Having scrutinised VOTV last night, forsaking even the very fit Davood's performance in Strictly, I wonder whether he's referring to the former player mentioned therein who has been linked with a possible bid before.
    Not specifically. He has put forward a proposal but I don’t think the Belgians take him seriously.

IMO Duchatelet won’t sell to anyone without the money to get into the PL because that’s the only way he can get (most of) his money back.
    so theres an element of reassurance as far as a future owner is concerned ..we live in hope

This...in spades

Let's hope if we are taken over, we get owners that at least try to break the status quo...We all know it's harder for Clubs to keep talent these days, but getting success and maintaining it is impossible if a Club aims to sell, and makes it a policy, which historically we have...

• seth plum said:

I rushed to arrive for the tail end of the PC Palmer event. PC Palmer's family members were there, Mick Everitt, the Chaplain, Chris and Sue Parkes, senior Police officers, Military folk, some supporters, Karl Robinson too.

Around me I saw stewards at work, ticket office people, the British Legion had a stall, as did the Woolwich ATC, programme sellers were out, catering had started, the club shop was open and MKD officials had arrived A pretty busy match day.

It was so well managed and coordinated by the Charlton Athletic Chief Executive Officer that she was able to leave everybody else to it as she arrived at the Valley at 1.15pm after the ceremony and a fair time after everybody else had started work for the matchdays event.

How lucky we are to have leadership that is so hands on and attending to every detail. Eager to immerse herself in the job she loves at the club she loves, getting paid what she does.

Or maybe Katrien Meire arrived at 1.15pm because she had more important things to attend to yesterday morning.

New shoes.
    Booking a removal company?
  • seth plum said:

I rushed to arrive for the tail end of the PC Palmer event. PC Palmer's family members were there, Mick Everitt, the Chaplain, Chris and Sue Parkes, senior Police officers, Military folk, some supporters, Karl Robinson too.

Around me I saw stewards at work, ticket office people, the British Legion had a stall, as did the Woolwich ATC, programme sellers were out, catering had started, the club shop was open and MKD officials had arrived A pretty busy match day.

It was so well managed and coordinated by the Charlton Athletic Chief Executive Officer that she was able to leave everybody else to it as she arrived at the Valley at 1.15pm after the ceremony and a fair time after everybody else had started work for the matchdays event.

How lucky we are to have leadership that is so hands on and attending to every detail. Eager to immerse herself in the job she loves at the club she loves, getting paid what she does.

Or maybe Katrien Meire arrived at 1.15pm because she had more important things to attend to yesterday morning.

New shoes.
    Only when she sacks a manager ;-)
  • joeaddick said:

I’m concerned that we will still be used openly as a feeder club for The Premiership in order to survive.

This...in spades

Let's hope if we are taken over, we get owners that at least try to break the status quo...We all know it's harder for Clubs to keep talent these days, but getting success and maintaining it is impossible if a Club aims to sell, and makes it a policy, which historically we have...

Hang on Richard Murray told us all that the last takeover meant we wouldn't have to sell our youngsters until it suited us & we would get top dollar when we did sell, it's on the video.
    You know the one, it's where pinocchio is looking at murray as he utters those words & she's trying hard not to piss herself laughing.

It was wind.
  • Twitter rumours that Roland set to buy a Belgian club
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Twitter rumours that Roland set to buy a Belgian club

Yeah I saw that from a random account that he was buying Anderlecht which would be very bizarre given the comments from the STVV CEO last week
  • MarcusH26 said:

J BLOCK said:

Yeah I saw that from a random account that he was buying Anderlecht which would be very bizarre given the comments from the STVV CEO last week
    Yeah, wouldn't pay too much attention to it
  • J BLOCK said:

Can’t see anything?
  • cfgs said:

J BLOCK said:

MarcusH26 said:

J BLOCK said:

Yeah, wouldn't pay too much attention to it
    Thought was a fan of another club saying they are for sale and hoping he would buy them, to ruin them like his other clubs.
    Has anyone put Rolly onto Millwall? Development opportunity as well.
  • Chizz said:
    But who are Staveley/PCP acting for, that's the big question!
  • Pretty certain they will be Middle Eastern
  • Addickted said:

Pretty certain they will be Middle Eastern

Educated guess or ...
  • Addickted said:

Either that, or Ms Staveley is very confident of winning her case against Barclays!
  • J BLOCK said:

Addickted said:

Educated guess or ...
    She's Dubai based.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!