Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I have also heard that a serious problem has blown up between the two major parties.

Can you tell us what that problem is?
  • edited November 2017

I have also heard that a serious problem has blown up between the two major parties.

Do you mean:

between 2 of the potential new owners
    or
    between 2 different interested parties looking to buy the club
    or
    between the interested buyer and the club (RD & KM)

Thanks
  • J BLOCK said:

I have also heard that a serious problem has blown up between the two major parties.

I don’t know.
  • @PragueAddick Premier class on the Eurostar and the same hotel please. Make it a twin room so my carer can go. ;)
  • J BLOCK said:

I don’t know.
    You don’t know if you can tell us or you don’t know what the problem is . ;0)

• That’s that then ... duchatelet still here :cry:
    Fuck sake , just when it seemed something was close to happening (or happening at all!)
  • well if RD does actually want to sell ,we assume he does ...hes obviously got to consider giving some ground (no pun intended)on negotiations..however as with the St Truiden situation he may want to hold on to the interest in the Stadium ..not a perfect scenario but i am still hopeful some good might come out of it
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

well if RD does actually want to sell ,we assume he does ...hes obviously got to consider giving some ground (no pun intended)on negotiations..however as with the St Truiden situation he may want to hold on to the interest in the Stadium ..not a perfect scenario but i am still hopeful some good might come out of it

I think the main difference is that at STTV he had converted large parts of the ground into other things.. resteraunts/hotels/shops etc. He would never get the planning permission to do the same here.
  • lolwray said:

well if RD does actually want to sell ,we assume he does ...hes obviously got to consider giving some ground (no pun intended)on negotiations..however as with the St Truiden situation he may want to hold on to the interest in the Stadium ..not a perfect scenario but i am still hopeful some good might come out of it

At STVV he already has the complex and its income which surely outways any loss on the football side. With us he has a stadium not a complex (now and unlikely in the future) and the football side is costing him loads of money. Different situations entirely.
  • Hopefully this is just a negotiating ploy regarding the price, and a bit of brinkmanship
  • So a month ago it was imminent - maybe even by the end of the next week and now we have a 'major problem' and will possibly not happen at all.

I can't help wondering if the suggestion it was imminent was a little premature. I appreciate that due diligence can take a while and that Airman, and others, can only pass on what they hear but it does sound as though someone jumped the gun a little. Surely something this significant should have been anticipated. Even if it is Duchâtelet moving the goalposts I have to say that this is no surprise to me, and I've never had any dealings with him.

This isn't helped by the suggestion of a secure DD room at the club some months back, that the SMT denied, and turned out to be wrong.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but, as I say, it does feel like someone jumped the gun.
  • So a month ago it was imminent - maybe even by the end of the next week and now we have a 'major problem' and will possibly not happen at all.

I can't help wondering if the suggestion it was imminent was a little premature. I appreciate that due diligence can take a while and that Airman, and others, can only pass on what they hear but it does sound as though someone jumped the gun a little. Surely something this significant should have been anticipated. Even if it is Duchâtelet moving the goalposts I have to say that this is no surprise to me, and I've never had any dealings with him.

This isn't helped by the suggestion of a secure DD room at the club some months back, that the SMT denied, and turned out to be wrong.

I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular but, as I say, it does feel like someone jumped the gun.

Not for the first time. Amazes me how much people like getting bitten.
  • Sponsored links:

• RD wants £30 million up front before he talks about the stadium ----feck knows where he got that idea tho ?

herd the sticking point is the cost of a new burger van for someone !
  • Is it possible some of the transfers between us and STTV are the sticking points? Can imagine some of them were somewhat strange.
  • If this does collapse because of Roland's demands then we really might have let a permanent cancer into our club. He's always been an arsehole, but I've always got the feeling that he's an absolute shit to deal with when it comes to business. A report about him changing the asking price at the last minute or demanding to retain an interest in some key areas wouldn't surprise me whatsoever, and given that football clubs are already things you probably shouldn't invest in if you want to keep your money, it doesn't take much to put an interested party off. Roland's inability to play well with others and act like a halfway normal person might have him at the club forever. And you just know he'll live to 200 just to spite us. I'm putting so much hope in a takeover I think it might legitimately kill me if he chases off people wanting to buy us through his stubbornness.
  • Nug said:

Is it possible some of the transfers between us and STTV are the sticking points? Can imagine some of them were somewhat strange.

I.e. does the club own them or Roland?
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I think it is time we all accept that something was happening and that RD is open to the idea of selling the club even if his valuation/expectations are unreasonable.

Any suggestion that (i) They have turned a corner and changed or (ii) They are here for the long term (as if its some part of a grand master plan) is just plain bollocks.

We were here before them and will be here long after they are gone, I just hope this is last minute posturing.

Agreed but I would only amend 'open to the idea' to having decided to get rid of us. However no doubt that he wants to recoup as much money as he has spent/wasted and he may wait until promotion is probable or not as he would get more selling us as a Championship side (Airman correct me if I am wrong). So if we are well placed come the January sales he may break his custom and improve the squad (although he may also decide that we could struggle over the line without spending).
    Notwithstanding the above he is going to sell 100%, just results may alter the timing of the sale.
  • Nug said:

Is it possible some of the transfers between us and STTV are the sticking points? Can imagine some of them were somewhat strange.

I.e. does the club own them or Roland?
    Only West Ham can get away with 3rd party ownership.
  • Remember these wise words from the good book

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!