Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Mrkinski said:

I like the sound of a protest outside the Belgium Embassy.

Isn't this a Nick Lowe song?

Only if you're Breaking Glass.
  • 72 hours from selling - as Gene Pitney once sung...

ITS HAPPENING!
  • I can’t wait to break out the latest Agadoo album...it’s going to be party party party time...yahoo!
  • I’ll stick to my prediction from earlier this year. It won’t happen until next summer.
  • I like the sound of a protest outside the Belgium Embassy.

Plays into the mad woman’s argument that it’s somehow about Belgium, when it’s not.
    Fair point.
  • Shiiiiit.
    Just checked in because I had a magical feeling it might have happened, saw over 100 new posts..... then saw the changed thread title. Feels like a punch in the stomach.
    Going to my first match of the season tonight and now I'm not in the mood.

Plays into the mad woman’s argument that it’s somehow about Belgium, when it’s not.
    Not if the focus is clearly Roland, not Belgium. Aim to embarrass him.
  • cabbles said:

I’ve edited the title of thread to reflect the lastest murmurings

Proactive MOD award goes to Gobbles.
    If that's an inducement to get the deal done...
  • Uboat said:

Shiiiiit.
    Just checked in because I had a magical feeling it might have happened, saw over 100 new posts..... then saw the changed thread title. Feels like a punch in the stomach.
    Going to my first match of the season tonight and now I'm not in the mood.

No doubt there will be a new thread the moment it's confirmed.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Taxi_Lad said:

End of the day he is losing millions so only a matter of time

Why???

When you have a multi million pound empire like Roland has a nice little company losing a few quid offsets a bit of tax.

His reason to sell us will not be based on him losing money.

If you think he doesn't care about one of his business' losing money, you are very much mistaken.
    If you are going to quote me and put it up in bold please get the facts right. I never said he does not care about losing money. I said, and I quote "His reason to sell us will not be based on him losing money"

• Burger Boys is my new favourite nickname for No Cahones. I wonder if he wears a cape.
  • Here's a great opportunity to engage with, and ask questions of, someone who may be in the know...

https://gre.ac.uk/articles/public-relations/articles/join-us-for-dodgeball-and-fizz-22-november-avery-hill
  • Uboat said:

I like the sound of a protest outside the Belgium Embassy.

Not if the focus is clearly Roland, not Belgium. Aim to embarrass him.
    I think the best place to embarrass him is in St Truiden, but is there any appetite for enough of us to go over again? What did we take last time 300? 400? Could we take more?
  • Burger Boys is my new favourite nickname for No Cahones. I wonder if he wears a cape.

He's in a Birmingham gang?
  • Addickted said:

cabbles said:

Addickted said:

cabbles said:

I’ve edited the title of thread to reflect the lastest murmurings

Proactive MOD award goes to Gobbles.
    Gobbles? Are our new owners from Turkey?
    Haha - I was ready for this one

I wasn’t - I’ll just add to the list

Interesting you get AFKA giving it large telling everyone to stay on topic, but you don’t see him when my honour needs defending and new misappropriations start
    Stop whinging. It's not about you it's about the nationality of the new owner.
    AFKA cant give it large!

• Sorry seems to be the hardest word.
  • so they want to sell the goalposts now - cunning Belgians

Please please don't take our wonderful goal nets as well. It's the only good thing to have come out of his ownership.
  • Sponsored links:

could always wave banners saying 'Love Belgium, Hate Roland' or 'Roland Out, Belgium In' for example
  • Still going tonight if I can find a spare ticket.

Still my team and if I don't go I'll just watch Man City on TV and be annoyed that we aren't that good.

And Reeco is playing tonight so I'll see another premier league player of the future in action.

UTA
  • We don't all get the never ending spares offers....
  • edited November 2017
    Fumbluff said:

Urgh, this has put me off the Rochdale game now and I've got my train home instead, more money lost Roland you clegnut. You can add that score to your selling price. Prick.

CLEGNUT......that’s a newbie......trying to figure out what that is exactly.....got a few things in mind it could be, but need confirmation...................you clegnut!
    Just Googled it.....it’s cleg nut.....LOL!
  • Fumbluff said:

Urgh, this has put me off the Rochdale game now and I've got my train home instead, more money lost Roland you clegnut. You can add that score to your selling price. Prick.

CLEGNUT......that’s a newbie......trying to figure out what that is exactly.....got a few things in mind it could be, but need confirmation...................you clegnut!
    I believe the uneducated sometimes wrongly use the word "clinkers"
  • Fumbluff said:

We don't all get the never ending spares offers....

He hasn't got a ST....... but his wife has.

• edited November 2017
    Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

I believe the uneducated sometimes wrongly use the word "clinkers"
    Been using the term clinkers for yonks.......that’s redundant now and it’s cleg nuts from now on!
    Back to thread subject.
  • J BLOCK said:

I have also heard that a serious problem has blown up between the two major parties.

Can you tell us what that problem is?
    The problem is, and has always been, Monsieur Roland Duchatelet.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!