Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Chizz said:

Here's a great opportunity to engage with, and ask questions of, someone who may be in the know...

https://gre.ac.uk/articles/public-relations/articles/join-us-for-dodgeball-and-fizz-22-november-avery-hill

I'm so angry at this.
    How can the University of Greenwich sell this fecking women as a success and inspiration??
    I wish I was still in the UK. I'd be there with a long list of quotes to prove she's anything but.
    Embarrassing.
    This is tonight. @sage - can we walk through on to the site do you know?

Wednesday 22 November
    4:30 PM – 7:30 PM
    David Fussey Building, Avery Hill campus

• The second interest that I know about is Paul Elliott and a Charlton fan from the lounges whose name I won’t give trying to cobble together small(er) investors. That is more recent.

Sounds a bit flimsy.
  • This thread has taken a bit of a downward turn again re: keeping it on topic

Please try and keep this about what may or may not be happening rather than personal stuff
  • I have reason to believe both NLA and Doucher are wrong, but there’s no point debating things that can’t be brought into the public domain any further at this point. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet.

The second interest that I know about is Paul Elliott and a Charlton fan from the lounges whose name I won’t give trying to cobble together small(er) investors. That is more recent.

I wonder (aloud) if the trust has considered the feasibility of trying to be involved in that approach.

Maybe a romantic dream in today’s game.
  • jams said:

what a cockwomble

And a “cleg nut” into the bargain......LOL!
  • Addickted said:

The second interest that I know about is Paul Elliott and a Charlton fan from the lounges whose name I won’t give trying to cobble together small(er) investors. That is more recent.

I'm aware of one of these - one of the ex associate directors we had, when the Board room was overflowing. However although worth a few million, he really doesn't have the sort of finances to continually pump money into the Club on a regular basis.

Sounds a bit flimsy.
    It’s not regarded as viable by my sources.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Title now says page 143 reports of deal stalled but I can't see anything on that page - should it be referring to the Airman post on page 144? Alternatively you could refer to my first post on this thread. I do try and help but u just won't be told.

Except you've never said anything about it stalling. You've been adamant all along that it never started therefore how could it have stalled?

You're like my girlfriend trying to drive "it stalled"

"no dear it never started".
    Check your facts - i said if it was happening it wasn't anymore - after airman quizzed me after I first said it was a non story and wasn't happening and so it has been proved. I thankyou.
    That was part of your rapid back track when you realised everyone saw through your crap.
    argue it out with north london above - he understands - i'm not undergoing another tedioscomy by the like of you
    Except NLA has been saying that all along. You on the other hand said it had never started. Then when that had been disagreed with from a number of sources you back tracked and now that a few others have said it may have hit a problem you're trying to claim credit that you said it all along. You didn't. Keep changing your story and eventually it'll match what reliable people are saying and you can claim a victory.

Snore.
    show me where i said it never started. Anyway, your upset i'll leave it
    Has your memory gone? Your first few posts on the matter a few days ago. You were adamant it wasn't happening and it was all made up. There was no DD and the process hadn't started.

It was before we found out your source might be lying. And before your rapid backtrack. I would go back and quote it but you're acting like a WUM so cba.
    By the time I'd first posted on this thread, nothing was happening - about a month or so ago
    I didn't say your first post on this thread. I said your first post on the matter a couple of days ago. Has your ability to read vanished along with your memory and ability to reason?
    Well said Canters
  • I have reason to believe both NLA and Doucher are wrong, but there’s no point debating things that can’t be brought into the public domain any further at this point. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet.

You Believe that the ‘talks have stopped’/‘deal is dead is wrong ?
  • sammy391 said:

I have reason to believe both NLA and Doucher are wrong, but there’s no point debating things that can’t be brought into the public domain any further at this point. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet.

Yeah, can you clarify Airman? Are talks dead in the water or is there still hope?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2017
    J BLOCK said:

sammy391 said:

I have reason to believe both NLA and Doucher are wrong, but there’s no point debating things that can’t be brought into the public domain any further at this point. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet.

Yeah, can you clarify Airman? Are talks dead in the water or is there still hope?
    I don’t think he can but no harm in asking I guess.
  • J BLOCK said:

sammy391 said:

Airman said "but there’s no point debating things that can’t be brought into the public domain any further at this point. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet."
  • Uboat said:

It's the hope that kills you.
  • Could vereyone try and back off @DOUCHER a bit. He has offered a different perspective from his sources. From someone with absolutely NO sources, his are equally valid as Airman Brown, so while the message maybe unpopular, I don't see the need for all the invective. I complained when he hurled one or two at Airman, but since then, every time he posts he gets unnecessary abuse. Why the need to dig people out if you disagree with them - he may have a valid source of information too.

It's not that I disagree with them. His story had changed 3 or 4 times except he has claimed that it is what he has said since the beginning (despite being shown evidence of what he originally said). He has then claim some kind if victory or vindication that he was right all along as his latest story happens to match up with that of Airmans.

Personally I think he is just a massive bullshitter.
  • Chizz said:

Here's a great opportunity to engage with, and ask questions of, someone who may be in the know...

https://gre.ac.uk/articles/public-relations/articles/join-us-for-dodgeball-and-fizz-22-november-avery-hill

I'm so angry at this.
    How can the University of Greenwich sell this fecking women as a success and inspiration??
    I wish I was still in the UK. I'd be there with a long list of quotes to prove she's anything but.
    Embarrassing.
    This is tonight. @sage - can we walk through on to the site do you know?

Wednesday 22 November
    4:30 PM – 7:30 PM
    David Fussey Building, Avery Hill campus
    Campus is open. But you didn’t know about this event or anything from me. It’s been put in public domain so anyone can essentially turn up. But if anything was to kick off, I would be obliged to call security @swords_alive
  • Sponsored links:

• Could vereyone try and back off @DOUCHER a bit. He has offered a different perspective from his sources. From someone with absolutely NO sources, his are equally valid as Airman Brown, so while the message maybe unpopular, I don't see the need for all the invective. I complained when he hurled one or two at Airman, but since then, every time he posts he gets unnecessary abuse. Why the need to dig people out if you disagree with them - he may have a valid source of information too.

It's not that I disagree with them. His story had changed 3 or 4 times except he has claimed that it is what he has said since the beginning (despite being shown evidence of what he originally said). He has then claim some kind if victory or vindication that he was right all along as his latest story happens to match up with that of Airmans.

Personally I think he is just a massive bullshitter.

October 24

Airman Brown said:

» show previous quotes

I'm sure that's what you've been told and it may be that nothing will happen. However, I wouldn't have put it out there without having very solid and detailed information from more than one credible source. So I am confident that "there is nothing happening and it's been a non-story from the start" is simply not true.Fair enough but for me to be told what I've been told would suggest that if something was happening, it's not now - like you, we're only going by what others tell us.
  • conveniently missed that one out didn't you canters. I want the takeover and I do not come on here to WUM people or condescend to them. When they start on me just for delivering news they might not want to here, that's a different matter. I have never said Airman was lying but by the same token, I wasn't lying or bullshitting either.
  • A recent TV interview with Duchâtelet on Canvas.be has been covered by several Belgian sports publications today. This is from Voetbalkrant.com, - translation by Google:

For the first time since the sale of Sint-Truiden to the Japanese from DMM.com, Roland Duchätelet reacts to the acquisition. The former chairman is pleased that more foreign investors are coming to Belgian clubs.

In De Afspraak op Canvas, Duchâtelet said: "You can not forget I joined StVV as a sponsor at the time, I took over the club when they had no money, and after a few years I took over Standard, but I was happy that I could get rid of the club after four years, football is not easy to make a profit. "

The entrepreneur surprises with the statement that he has actually earned nothing in football. "That is a misconception that is often made, it is very difficult to make ends meet in the football world, I have bought STVV to depute, but after Standard Belgian football was done mentally for me.

Now I have sold STVV because I no longer have my age to have a say in a club ", concludes the ex-chairman, who also gave it a good sign that more foreign investors are coming to Belgian clubs.

Further confirmation, if needed, that he wants out of football. However, putting that aside, he continues to show himself as a sort of Homo Sovieticus with his contradictions. It was not long ago that he said he felt compelled to buy STVV to stop it falling into the hands of foreign owners, yet now he welcomes all foreigners, (and their cash) with a new-found liberalism.

How nice!

I was thinking that.

Silly old scroat.
  • edited November 2017
    Doubt you
    Doubt yur
    Doucher

the truth is out there ---- probably
  • Thanks for posting #Big in Brasov. Excellent to have it from the horses mouth that he's no longer interested in football. I did think there was more than a hint of the Poor Me's about it though. Must be a Limburg thing.
  • If Doucher could find a nice happy way of saying we're stuck with Roland I'm sure he would.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!