Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• And this was the initial bid that eventually led to the spivs coming in a couple of months later. If the latest takeover effort similarly fails but leads to a new owner, I'll be happy!
  • DOUCHER said:

conveniently missed that one out didn't you canters. I want the takeover and I do not come on here to WUM people or condescend to them. When they start on me just for delivering news they might not want to here, that's a different matter. I have never said Airman was lying but by the same token, I wasn't lying or bullshitting either.

And you seem to have conveniently missed the posts showing you the evidence that you've changed your story and are backtracking.
  • Would any serious buyer not insist on NDA's being put in place? I love this thread, but so many people hearing so many things.....oh dear.
  • Would any serious buyer not insist on NDA's being put in place? I love this thread, but so many people hearing so many things.....oh dear.

I'm sure NDA's are in place but what has actually been revealed? No prices, no terms just that something is happening. You are never going to keep that quiet.
    Roland kept it quiet when he bought Charlton.
  • edited November 2017

Would any serious buyer not insist on NDA's being put in place? I love this thread, but so many people hearing so many things.....oh dear.

I'm sure NDA's are in place but what has actually been revealed? No prices, no terms just that something is happening. You are never going to keep that quiet.
    Not surprising really as he's supposed to have done it so quick (4 weeks?) on the back of a fag packet.
  • Sponsored links:

quite easy when you don't even do proper DD. I mean the first thing he had to do was spend 700k giving us a pitch to play on.

quite easy when you don't even do proper DD. I mean the first thing he had to do was spend 700k giving us a pitch to play on.

Not to mention the former directors debentures over the land which it's believed were either not known about or deemed a minor issue. They are of course a very real obstacle in any future redevelopment plans of the Valley.
  • But the information wasn’t right not AB fault I believe it was deliberately incorrect and I said that at the time and I stick by it

The title was misleading the information misleading

• But the information wasn’t right not AB fault I believe it was deliberately incorrect and I said that at the time and I stick by it

The title was what got everyone excited, but I don't think it was Airman Brown who put up "imminent ????" The information was right, the title was premature...
  • Pedro45 said:

But the information wasn’t right not AB fault I believe it was deliberately incorrect and I said that at the time and I stick by it

The title was what got everyone excited, but I don't think it was Airman Brown who put up "imminent ????" The information was right, the title was premature...
    No the tittle would have been amended by a mod, my money is on @candles

so are you saying DD isnt/hasnt been done? What position are you in to know such information?
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

I know I am right the AFC thing was off the table in its entirety before the new interest

The new interest was only that it was an interested person or persons not a consortium looking at the viability of purchasing cafc including the valley

Then things should’ve gone on to progress under the guise of best business practices in silence

No more needed to be looked in to by us the fans or divulged by those involved either on the very outskirts of the deal or those smack in the middle

It’s not helpful giving people a false hopes especially when you consider the emotional way in which people rightly view RD and his plebs

Also it gives out the false message from those working on the potential interest

I also know that in every deal there’s a level of posturing and it’s done on both sides in this situation it is happening right now it got to the point I said a couple of weeks ago where you have to be prepared to walk away

So yes your right don’t give up all hope just yet as it’s all part of negotiation

But there has been a whole lot of shit posted on here and I can tell you 99% of it has been unintentional from the posters due to them being told bullshit but there is still a lot of bullshit being put out there

As the great cardigan once said WIOTOS is the time to dissect for now patience and backing away is the best option both emotionally and on here and in print

‘The great cardigan ‘

:smiley:
    stonemuse said:

I know I am right the AFC thing was off the table in its entirety before the new interest

The new interest was only that it was an interested person or persons not a consortium looking at the viability of purchasing cafc including the valley

Then things should’ve gone on to progress under the guise of best business practices in silence

No more needed to be looked in to by us the fans or divulged by those involved either on the very outskirts of the deal or those smack in the middle

It’s not helpful giving people a false hopes especially when you consider the emotional way in which people rightly view RD and his plebs

Also it gives out the false message from those working on the potential interest

I also know that in every deal there’s a level of posturing and it’s done on both sides in this situation it is happening right now it got to the point I said a couple of weeks ago where you have to be prepared to walk away

So yes your right don’t give up all hope just yet as it’s all part of negotiation

But there has been a whole lot of shit posted on here and I can tell you 99% of it has been unintentional from the posters due to them being told bullshit but there is still a lot of bullshit being put out there

As the great cardigan once said WIOTOS is the time to dissect for now patience and backing away is the best option both emotionally and on here and in print

‘The great cardigan ‘

:smiley:
    I shall be adopting this title from now on.

Use of H, Henners or HI will be disregarded
    Understood TGC :wink:
  • I was pretty ecstatic to read that the takeover could be "as soon as the end of next week". It seemed too specific to be a false dawn. That was what I wanted to believe, so it was hard to accept that we are probably stuck with Roland until the summer, which I now believe until I hear that he has sold the club.
  • I don't think NLA and AB are in dispute.

The resurrection of the old thread about the AFC interest in April confuses the issues.

It doesn't help that one of the likely buyers is also Australian so further muddying the waters.

As soon as I saw the word imminent I knew that would become fact to some.

As others have said Duchatelet wants to sell. That is good news. When that will be no one, not even Duchatelet can say.

WIOTOS

• WIOTOS

WTF?
    When
    It's
    On
    The
    Official
    Site

• WIOTOS

WTF?
    WALOOS
  • J BLOCK said:

It's not false hope, it was information he was privy too and decided to share. I know a lot of people on here are happy about that.
    I for one are amongst the "lot of people"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!