Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Solidgone said:

Does he still follow Pompey?

RedChaser said:

You Rang Mr Plum?

I am informed by multiple, independent sources that John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood does still follow Pompey.
    He’s put all his eggs in one basket tbf
  • edited November 2017

Solidgone said:

Does he still follow Pompey?

RedChaser said:

You Rang Mr Plum?

I am informed by multiple, independent sources that John Portsmouth Football Club Westwood does still follow Pompey.
    He’s put all his eggs in one basket tbf
    Haven’t we fycken all?
  • TEL said:

I wonder if the currency fluctuations are playing a part, especially if the deal is being done in Euros. Its certainly fucked up my plans on returning home and my sum is a drop in the ocean compared to the sort of numbers that have been reported here.

How's it working out for you Tel? I'm coming home for a week in December ad RMB > £ is looking very nice right now.
    I've had to pull out of the deal @Stu_of_Kunming the difference in the sum I bid upon and the sum Id be left with now is nearly into -6 figures. Im now looking for another house to flip over here.
  • Bump. What's the latest?

There is no ‘F’ in takeover
  • Let's see.... Rolly wants something like £38M for CAFC and also there is £59M in debt, for a total enterprise value of £97M. Let's assume we lost more money last year and up that amount it to an even £100M.

So, someone could buy CAFC in League One for £100M total... or....

For £300M one can buy Newcastle, with revenues 800% higher and attendances 4x higher and in the EPL.

Which would you do?
  • edited November 2017

Let's see.... Rolly wants something like £38M for CAFC and also there is £59M in debt, for a total enterprise value of £97M. Let's assume we lost more money last year and up that amount it to an even £100M.

For £300M one can buy Newcastle, with revenues 800% higher and attendances 4x higher and in the EPL.

Which would you do?

I don’t think so. You are double-countIng what he paid for the club, which is in the books as debt.
  • Do you know anymore Airman ???
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

Do you know anymore Airman ???

There’s a Fans’ Forum meeting tomorrow night, called at short notice to discuss the Portsmouth game. Presumably the club will want to take the opportunity to issue a categoric denial on the record that there has been any due diligence, that the club is for sale, etc.
    That sounds rather ominous
  • So we're no further knowing if the intrested party are still around or have pulled away what is your source telling you Airman??

Deal should be completed in the next 15 mins.
    Imminently
  • FAVADDICK said:

Do you know anymore Airman ???

There’s a Fans’ Forum meeting tomorrow night, called at short notice to discuss the Portsmouth game. Presumably the club will want to take the opportunity to issue a categoric denial on the record that there has been any due diligence, that the club is for sale, etc.
    Do you happen to know if there are any minutes from the last fans forum?
  • FAVADDICK said:

So we're no further knowing if the intrested party are still around or have pulled away what is your source telling you Airman??

Not to panic...
    I like the sound of your source, AB....
  • FAVADDICK said:

So we're no further knowing if the intrested party are still around or have pulled away what is your source telling you Airman??

Not to panic...
    Heard something fanny?
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's see.... Rolly wants something like £38M for CAFC and also there is £59M in debt, for a total enterprise value of £97M. Let's assume we lost more money last year and up that amount it to an even £100M.

Which would you do?

I don’t think so. You are double-countIng what he paid for the club, which is in the books as debt.
    Huh?

I am not counting double anything. I don't care what he or Ashley put in or took out. Reports from a while ago claimed Rolly wanted £38M and then the new owner would have to take over the debt as well, which at last count is £59M. Same with Ashley. His asking price is at least £300M, with about 1/2 of that being debt the new owner would have to pay to him. Does not matter what happened in the accounting ledger. All that matters is the ask and bid price. Right now, you can get Newcastle, all in, for just 3x the asking price of CAFC. Unless RD has lowered his price. If he has, I've not heard it quoted.
  • J BLOCK said:

FAVADDICK said:

Not to panic...
    Heard something fanny?
    I've heard that there is nothing wrong with her hearing.............
  • It may be my lack of business knowledge but it baffles me that it's legal to charge interest on the money you paid for an asset as "a debt".
  • edited November 2017
    J BLOCK said:

FAVADDICK said:

Not to panic...
    Heard something fanny?
    Please say yes
  • edited November 2017

It may be my lack of business knowledge but it baffles me that it's legal to charge interest on the money you paid for an asset as "a debt".

Depends how you structure the deal, as I understand it. That £18.6m debt was already in the books, so RD was able to leave it there. He’s then charged parent company Baton 2010 Ltd - but not CAFC Ltd, even though CAFC Limited owes the money - interest on it.

It’s semantics up to a point - it allows him to show a bigger loss and may or may not be a consideration in his sale price. But there is no money actually being paid out, it’s just adding to the debt.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!