Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Addickted said:

Yeah an account with 180 odd followers and tweets mostly about Greek football.

We're being bought by Greeks?
    Here we go again.......
    great icon @addickted
  • That tweet is more interesting than it looks.

Don't leave us hanging.
  • Uboat said:

That tweet is more interesting than it looks.

Don't leave us hanging.
    Its owner might well be in a position to know something is all I can say. But don’t be distracted from Australia.
  • a Greek Australian maybe

After Athens, Melbourne has the largest Greek population of any city in the world.
    Nonsense
  • Uboat said:

Don't leave us hanging.
    Its owner might well be in a position to know something is all I can say. But don’t be distracted from Australia.
    @Airman Brown ?

After Athens, Melbourne has the largest Greek population of any city in the world.
    You definitely mean outside of Greece
  • Uboat said:

Don't leave us hanging.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh! You are a tease!
  • Sponsored links:

• That Twitter account tweets mainly about Greek football, but its bio is regarding North American Soccer Coaches Association
  • That Twitter account tweets mainly about Greek football, but its bio is regarding North American Soccer Coaches Association

might have this wrong but wasn't ex keeper Graham Tutt recently appointed as Head of some USA coaching association, was it this one?
  • Thanks all. Much appreciated. Didn't wanna bring that up or make it about me but you know.....

Me, me, me .....................You're as bad as Katrien :wink:

But you forgot to mention, you're a top quality protester too!

Glad that things are going well mate.
  • edited November 2017
    Davo55 said:

Thanks all. Much appreciated. Didn't wanna bring that up or make it about me but you know.....

Me, me, me .....................You're as bad as Katrien :wink:

But you forgot to mention, you're a top quality protester too!

Glad that things are going well mate.
    Cheers boss. :)

might have this wrong but wasn't ex keeper Graham Tutt recently appointed as Head of some USA coaching association, was it this one?
    Nothing in that link, to my knowledge.
  • Chizz said:

a Greek Australian maybe

Nonsense
    Chizz......it was said to be the case some years back......maybe it’s no longer true.
    Many Greeks will of course no longer say they are from Greece nowadays, being second or even third generation, though an extraordinary number speak Greek within their community on a day to day basis.

You definitely mean outside of Greece
    No Gary.....it was widely reported some years ago that it was worldwide.
    See my post immediately above.
  • Chizz said:

a Greek Australian maybe

Nonsense
    Chizz......it was said to be the case some years back......maybe it’s no longer true.
    Many Greeks will of course no longer say they are from Greece nowadays, being second or even third generation, though an extraordinary number speak Greek within their community on a day to day basis.
    OK, maybe you're clarifying what you posted earlier. But it's simply not true to say that Melbourne has the largest Greek population of any city in the world. And I doubt it ever had been true. Thessaloniki has a larger Greek population than Melbourne. So does London.

I don't know what counts as an "extraordinary" number is, but fewer people speak Greek in Melbourne than Chinese.

Let's just agree that (1) there are lots of people with Greek heritage living in Melbourne and (2) this doesn't have much to do with Charlton's sale.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

Chizz said:

a Greek Australian maybe

Nonsense
    OK, maybe you're clarifying what you posted earlier. But it's simply not true to say that Melbourne has the largest Greek population of any city in the world. And I doubt it ever had been true. Thessaloniki has a larger Greek population than Melbourne. So does London.

I don't know what counts as an "extraordinary" number is, but fewer people speak Greek in Melbourne than Chinese.

Let's just agree that (1) there are lots of people with Greek heritage living in Melbourne and (2) this doesn't have much to do with Charlton's sale.
    you wanna bet?

• Can this thread go back on topic please!!!!!
  • Mrkinski said:

Can this thread go back on topic please!!!!!

isn't trying to work out (guess) the nationality of a rumoured buyer pretty much on-thread?
  • edited November 2017

Mrkinski said:

isn't trying to work out (guess) the nationality of a rumoured buyer pretty much on-thread?
    Yes - but loads of posts about nationalities living in individual cities could be discussed elsewhere.
  • edited November 2017
    Mrkinski said:

Mrkinski said:

Yes - but loads of tweets about nationalities living in individual cities could be discussed elsewhere.
    #nottwitter ;)
  • PaddyP17 said:

This board right now based on a random tweet:

I got boxes full of Pepe!
  • I highly recommend the Greek restaurant Lemonia in Primrose Hill.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!