Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Another 1000 fans not going tonight. All monitoring this thread.
  • Just logged in as back for a while now...so can someone confirm its all off as other party(ies) have walked away, or is it "talks have stalled", or finally was it just hopeful rumour?

If its off I'm gutted, but until then I shall remain forever hopeful that RD will be gone soon.
  • edited November 2017

Just logged in as back for a while now...so can someone confirm its all off as other party(ies) have walked away, or is it "talks have stalled", or finally was it just hopeful rumour?

If its off I'm gutted, but until then I shall remain forever hopeful that RD will be gone soon.

@Redmidland

There is a lot of evidence that the sales process was very advanced, with issues having emerged through due diligence being actively addressed and resolved.

More than one source are saying the talks/negotiations have now stalled, although no-one is yet saying that it has completely fallen through. No-one has (as far as anyone knows) walked away. Yet. No-one knows (as far as I know) what the sticking points are.
  • it could be the posturing that i mentioned before where you need to be prepared to walk away, i genuinely beleive this to be the case
  • I definitely think we need to protest, but I agree with Large that the Pompey match wouldn't be right. It could drive a wedge between the protesters and those that prefer to keep their football politics free (that said, there is a certain irony in that that returning to The Valley was the most political thing we ever did).

I would attend a match at The Valley if there was a protest, I won't if there isn't. I'd also be up for an embassy protest or another sojourn to St Truiden.
  • It could be worse.......
    We could be Palace
    We could be Millwall
    We could be West Ham

But no..... We are 'Charlton super Charlton covered end' :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Title now says page 143 reports of deal stalled but I can't see anything on that page - should it be referring to the Airman post on page 144? Alternatively you could refer to my first post on this thread. I do try and help but u just won't be told.
  • DOUCHER said:

Title now says page 143 reports of deal stalled but I can't see anything on that page - should it be referring to the Airman post on page 144? Alternatively you could refer to my first post on this thread. I do try and help but u just won't be told.

Zzzzzz
  • Chizz said:

He's selling.

If nothing else comes from this thread of almost 150 pages, at least we can take away this one fact: he's selling.

He may not be selling today, or this week, or this month. But, he's selling.

We all want to know who the new owners are, what the price will be, how much money they've got, what their plans are, who we might sign and what is going to happen to The Valley. All of these remain firmly up in the air. But there's one, cast-iron fact we know: he's selling.

He won't want to lose more money. Despite how some people present the opportunities to offset losses against tax, he doesn't want to lose more money. No-one does. It's a stain on his business record, it's a loss to his prestige, it's a drag on his resources and it's a diminution of his - and his family's - wealth. So, either sooner or later, there is no doubt, whatsoever: he's selling.

I want to know when and I want to know what's next. But, I can wait. And, if he's reading this, I have one message for him - I can wait longer than you, Roland. Not least because, unlike you, Roland, I have nothing to lose.

And that's why this thread - despite being inconclusive on a number of issues so far - is so heartening, uplifting and positive. Because, sooner or later, there's no doubt about it now: he's selling.

Oh blimey, @Henry Irving won't be happy...
  • DOUCHER said:

Title now says page 143 reports of deal stalled but I can't see anything on that page - should it be referring to the Airman post on page 144? Alternatively you could refer to my first post on this thread. I do try and help but u just won't be told.

Except you've never said anything about it stalling. You've been adamant all along that it never started therefore how could it have stalled?

You're like my girlfriend trying to drive "it stalled"

"no dear it never started".
    Check your facts - i said if it was happening it wasn't anymore - after airman quizzed me after I first said it was a non story and wasn't happening and so it has been proved. I thankyou.
  • Don't get too down though - he is selling and my bet as I said in this thread will be the summer. Maybe next year but b very very surprised if before the summer - enjoy the season.
  • DOUCHER said:

Don't get too down though - he is selling and my bet as I said in this thread will be the summer. Maybe next year but b very very surprised if before the summer - enjoy the season.

Why does he need to wait until the summer? Could agree a deal in which he gets more money if we're promoted.

The longer he's here the more money he needs to put in to cover losses, and that's before considering investment in the squad in January to increase the chances of promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

Don't get too down though - he is selling and my bet as I said in this thread will be the summer. Maybe next year but b very very surprised if before the summer - enjoy the season.

See u again,same time tomorrow then....;),because I bet you won't last out till the summer,before your back...!!,

Anyways Cmon Roly Sell Sell See
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Except you've never said anything about it stalling. You've been adamant all along that it never started therefore how could it have stalled?

Check your facts - i said if it was happening it wasn't anymore - after airman quizzed me after I first said it was a non story and wasn't happening and so it has been proved. I thankyou.
    That was part of your rapid back track when you realised everyone saw through your crap.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

That was part of your rapid back track when you realised everyone saw through your crap.
    argue it out with north london above - he understands - i'm not undergoing another tedioscomy by the like of you
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

argue it out with north london above - he understands - i'm not undergoing another tedioscomy by the like of you
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

N
    O
    B
  • DOUCHER said:

See u again,same time tomorrow then....;),because I bet you won't last out till the summer,before your back...!!,

Anyways Cmon Roly Sell Sell See
    who said i'm going anywhere? - i'm just saying enjoy the season coz if ur hanging out for a takeover before then u will be dissappointed
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Except NLA has been saying that all along. You on the other hand said it had never started. Then when that had been disagreed with from a number of sources you back tracked and now that a few others have said it may have hit a problem you're trying to claim credit that you said it all along. You didn't. Keep changing your story and eventually it'll match what reliable people are saying and you can claim a victory.

Snore.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Except NLA has been saying that all along. You on the other hand said it had never started. Then when that had been disagreed with from a number of sources you back tracked and now that a few others have said it may have hit a problem you're trying to claim credit that you said it all along. You didn't. Keep changing your story and eventually it'll match what reliable people are saying and you can claim a victory.

Snore.
    show me where i said it never started. Anyway, your upset i'll leave it
  • DOUCHER said:

Why do you bother mate?! Irritating tosspot.

because i tell u something get abused and it proves to be correct - fool
  • What ever will be will be, we have a team that are together, a Mansger that has worked wonders to turn the negativity around.. Hopefully we get promoted and with the addition of s few more players to the current I believe we will be challenging too half for promotion..

Positivity
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!