Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The first bidder was fictional as well as they never had the money.
  • Scoham said:

FAVADDICK said:

Isn't it the east Kent addicks meeting tonight is liven going to be there ??

Fans Forum tonight
    Guesses on the takeover update?

I’m going for “10 interested parties, Australians still need to submit documents, price not an issue”.
    They will surely also update us in the fictional second bidder who have also been so close for months now.

Are the fans forum able to ask what January’s investment plan looks like?

Second bidder was last seen enjoying a beer in Vietnam with Lord Lucan and Richey Edwards.
  • A watched pot never boils. As soon as everyone forgets about it, it’ll seem like it happens quickly. Stressing, analysing and worrying doesn’t help.

I accidentally hit quote on this weeks ago and have seen it in the comment box every time I've opened the thread since - the irony...
  • What we really need is a persuasive member of this forum with some great contacts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46289499
  • But would ya?
  • Addickted said:

What we really need is a persuasive member of this forum with some great contacts.

Imagine how well paid her staff must be : - )
  • Addickted said:

What we really need is a persuasive member of this forum with some great contacts.

Lol, I just started a new thread on this, sorry I did not see this comment.
  • Rumour has it, is that the take over is sorted, done deal, imminent........It’s happening (gif)...I can’t wait for the official announcement and to see it emblazoned over the official site, the red tops and the St Truiden Evening Standard. I wonder what the headlines will say...?
  • undefined
    PeterGage said:

addick05 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Fans Forum tonight
    Any fans left?

Real fans cheered the team to a 5 - 0 win last night.

I was there.
    The counter argument is that real fans are making the ultimate sacrifice and boycotting because they dont agree with the ownership regime. Jst saying.....
    Agreed, was an awfully childish comment.
  • Sponsored links:

• undefined

PeterGage said:

addick05 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Fans Forum tonight
    Any fans left?

Real fans cheered the team to a 5 - 0 win last night.

I was there.
    The counter argument is that real fans are making the ultimate sacrifice and boycotting because they dont agree with the ownership regime. Jst saying.....
    Agreed, was an awfully childish comment.
    Tongue cheek in

Rearrange these words to find a well known phrase that describes the real fan comment
  • 5th party in that new fans forum statement sounds like @Redhenry Saudi group

We can dream.
  • Finally a new official update
  • Laddick01 said:

5th party in that new fans forum statement sounds like @Redhenry Saudi group

We can dream.

Or the ?Forest guy who got told off for tweeting?
  • Utter bollocks!
  • Utter bollocks!

My gut reaction is your right. BUT and it's a big but, why? Why lie, it doesn't really serve a purpose. What benefit is it to anyone?

To appease the fan forum? Stop the protests, there aren't any?

The longer this goes on the less sense it makes.

One thing that did strike me is if one of the newer parties are mega rich, could they sanction a January spend and add it to the price? I know this was an option at Newcastle last year and could back up what red Henry has stated.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018
    Most of the time we just try and think up new questions about the takeover so it’s not a complete rerun of the last meeting.. ;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Utter bollocks!

My gut reaction is your right. BUT and it's a big but, why? Why lie, it doesn't really serve a purpose. What benefit is it to anyone?

To appease the fan forum? Stop the protests, there aren't any?

The longer this goes on the less sense it makes.

One thing that did strike me is if one of the newer parties are mega rich, could they sanction a January spend and add it to the price? I know this was an option at Newcastle last year and could back up what red Henry has stated.
    To appear that he has done such a great job during his time here that interested parties are banging on his door daily to get a piece of it.
    In reality nobody gives a shit. Drop the price and he might get a few bites.

This is just an odd vanity project.
  • J BLOCK said:

It’s all do to with price, he wants too much, no one prepared to pay it. End of story.

Erm no... Its the endless protests that are putting people off!!... Didnt you watch the interview with Roland?
  • J BLOCK said:

It’s all do to with price, he wants too much, no one prepared to pay it. End of story.

Erm no... Its the endless protests that are putting people off!!... Didnt you watch the interview with Roland?
    Wrong, it was that comment on CL about wilder that drove him into the arms of sheff utd that really caused all this
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!