Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Pedro45 said:

Solidgone said:

Okay everybody, place your bets...
    Party #1
    Party #2
    Party #3
    Party #4
    Party #5

I’ll place a red chip on Party #1

Party Fears Two please
    Tuuuuuune
  • edited November 2018
    shirty5 said:
    .......... And does the hat have corks hanging from it? :smiley:
  • The Daily mirror ran a story about Usmanov buying Charlton when he sold his Arsenal shares , which was then said to be not true by a so called representative. Could he now be back in and be that 5th group interested?
  • The Daily mirror ran a story about Usmanov buying Charlton when he sold his Arsenal shares , which was then said to be not true by a so called representative. Could he now be back in and be that 5th group interested?

Yes, or no. Isn't it Red Bull? Or Redhenry's Arabs? Or the other Saudi's? Or maybe the woman who got a massive pay rise?
  • Before everyone gets blissfully carried away with number 5 remember the reason number 5 does not need to evidence funds could be because it is Roderick Duchatelet, the old goats son.

Lots of money does not equal good owner as RD has proven over and over.
  • "LDT said that due diligence is ongoing with the third party. They have a committee that will decide in two weeks if they will offer and what their offer is."

So doing DD but not agreed a price?
  • I heard a rumour from a legal expert that if Roland is still in charge after a no deal Brexit, he risks having his assets seized by HMRC, being arrested, tortured and interned indefinitely in the Tower of London.

Really ? Doucebag in !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• "LDT said that due diligence is ongoing with the third party. They have a committee that will decide in two weeks if they will offer and what their offer is."

I think all they are asking now is signing an nda and proof of funds before doing DD.

no competent bidder would agree a price before completing DD - that would be on a par with those Homes under the Hammer halfwits who buy shitbox moneypits at auction without viewing the property or its legal pack, or buying a car on fleabay without testing it! What sort of risible shit4brains would buy a football club without establishing for certain its financial position and total indebtedness? Somebody will next suggest that all players are interchangeable and that midfield and defence can swap roles at halftime to ease the physical burden...
    Not even an indicative price?

Otherwise why spend hundreds of thousands on DD only to find out the asking price is way OTT?
    Cafc43v3r said:

"LDT said that due diligence is ongoing with the third party. They have a committee that will decide in two weeks if they will offer and what their offer is."

I think all they are asking now is signing an nda and proof of funds before doing DD.
    Maybe hence my question. Has RD shifted his negotiation policy after not being able to get the club sold?

But that still leaves the question. Why spend a small fortune on DD if they don't even have a ball park figure?

And if he's open to offers why not the Aussie offer?

Problem we have only LDTs version of events and he can't be trusted to give the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

• cafcwill said:

So ...... , it's a win win , all good new then. Sits back a waits for the announcement on Friday.

Not saying what Friday though !

LDT doesn't work Fridays so it will never be a Friday
    Nailed it !! Potential new owners set Friday as completion date 3 months ago but we have no one in the office to take the call/ sign the forms etc. I believe they are still there, somewhere in SE7...sitting in a unlit room with pen in hand.....
    Empty packet of crisps on the desk top, doucebag & LTD refusing to sign the deal until new owner sweeps all the crumbs up
  • Rothko said:

we're still in No Deal land then

Waiting on a call from The Banker.
  • So essentially, literally nothing has changed for the last 6 months and all we keep getting is regurgitate nonsense from the club.

What a mess and I feel we must really be a long way away from anything happening. I give it another 6 months and things might have only just started to have a different outcome.

Price has always been too high and the problem. Nothing is going to change so the only way we have rid of RD is if we get promoted.

You can know an indicative price without agreeing to it.
  • It would be great if it happened today. 10 years to the day since Pardew left the club.

You can know an indicative price without agreeing to it.
    I know that. Not sure Roland does.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2018
    My DD cost £13.50 and a book of first class stamps.

I don't take that level of expenditure lightly.
  • I'm waiting for Grapevine's take on all this, I'm sure he'll fathom out what's really going on.

I think the committee is The Wheeltappers And Shunters Club.

I think the committee is The Wheeltappers And Shunters Club.
    I heard it was Charlton Liberal Club spending the money from the sale.
  • There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

Van Turkey was careful to say that 5 parties were interested rather than involved. To be interested all you have to do is make a phone call, find out Roland's asking price, and say call you later.
  • Jeez, what a bloody fob-off
    Can't somebody in the forum just stand up and say I don't believe you.
    We are just being strung along.

Alternatively
    Just stand up and say.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF.
    Now you know why I decline the invitations to attend.....

@killerjerrylee would have to hold me back !
  • Fumbluff said:

There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

I swear you try and slip a clock into every post these days, you’re getting as bad as that maniac with the dogs :smile:
    JJ's gonna getcha........
    ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!