Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Time to get the EFL back on the case. Can someone not ask them.. "We have been told 5 parties are interested in buying our club. Can you speak to the owner & confirm who the 5 parties are. We obviously don't need to be told the actual names, just as long as you, Mr EFL, are happy that this all true & that your member club isn't lying though it's teeth "

Surely the EFL should be doing DD on the club....making sure they are upholding certain standards....like not fecking lying all the time.

Why is it the EFL's business at this stage? As fans we are understandably frustrated but unfortunately neither us or the EFL need to know the names.
    Because CAFC is a member club and it should be an issue to the powers that be if the club's representative is telling pokies. The EFL (should) have a vested interest that all clubs are run properly & that any sale or purchase is legit. They require & insist on a fit & proper test anyway so any potential purchaser should be on their radar. We don't need to be told the names, but if I was the EFL I'd want to know who exactly RD was talking to.
  • Time to get the EFL back on the case. Can someone not ask them.. "We have been told 5 parties are interested in buying our club. Can you speak to the owner & confirm who the 5 parties are. We obviously don't need to be told the actual names, just as long as you, Mr EFL, are happy that this all true & that your member club isn't lying though it's teeth "

Surely the EFL should be doing DD on the club....making sure they are upholding certain standards....like not fecking lying all the time.

Why is it the EFL's business at this stage? As fans we are understandably frustrated but unfortunately neither us or the EFL need to know the names.
    Because CAFC is a member club and it should be an issue to the powers that be if the club's representative is telling pokies. The EFL (should) have a vested interest that all clubs are run properly & that any sale or purchase is legit. They require & insist on a fit & proper test anyway so any potential purchaser should be on their radar. We don't need to be told the names, but if I was the EFL I'd want to know who exactly RD was talking to.
    The EFL cannot tell owners how to run the clubs though. Telling “porkies” should not be enough to get them involved. And the fit and proper test will be done if Roland ever agrees a price. They will know that the sale is legit when they do the test. Why would they waste their team researching every potential buyer for the clubs when a lot of those talks go no further?
  • According to Redrobin on CAFC Picks, price agreed with Aussies around 48 million(can you believe that?) and the Aussies new backers are coming over this week.

Of course I don’t believe any of it and that’s why I’m posting on here, so we can all not believe it but at least we can talk about it for a few hundred pages.

Thanks Colin
  • According to Redrobin on CAFC Picks, price agreed with Aussies around 48 million(can you believe that?) and the Aussies new backers are coming over this week.

Of course I don’t believe any of it and that’s why I’m posting on here, so we can all not believe it but at least we can talk about it for a few hundred pages.

Unless it's 48 million Australian $ then that simply cannot be true.

Well if Redrobin said so then that’s good enough for me :neutral:

Disclaimer, that's not me. Some charlatan using my name. I know absolutely nothing about the takeover.

Well if Redrobin said so then that’s good enough for me :neutral:

Disclaimer, that's not me. Some charlatan using my name. I know absolutely nothing about the takeover.
    Spoil sport!

Unless it's 48 million Australian $ then that simply cannot be true.
    Approx £26.88M
  • Sponsored links:

• The price is and always had been what RDs ego says it is
  • The price is and always had been what RDs ego says it is

Indeed ... and he can afford to take such an approach.
  • This thread has just dropped off the first page for the first time in ever. I'm not having that!

Bump
  • It’s happening everybody!
  • Only when it hits page 3.
  • This thread has just dropped off the first page for the first time in ever. I'm not having that!

Bump

It's actually been halfway down page 2 a few times where it belongs unless anyone's got any news.

Bump

It's actually been halfway down page 2 a few times where it belongs unless anyone's got any news.
    I was contacted by an Australian financial journalist today.

That's my news.

Bump

Got any info to add to it? No. Let it run it's natural course.
  • Croydon said:

This thread has just dropped off the first page for the first time in ever. I'm not having that!

Bump

Got any info to add to it? No. Let it run it's natural course.
    What? With Henry aiming for page 1,500?

Bump

I was contacted by an Australian financial journalist today.

That's my news.
    It’s happening!
  • Sponsored links:

• I received a christmas card from Australia today, if that isn't a sign I don't know what is?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka9mfZbTFbk
  • Something happening ?
  • Something happening ?

No, the Aussies are still looking down the back of the sofa.
  • Something happening ?

I think the rumour mill is about to take off again.

• Something happening ?

2 weeks time
  • shirty5 said:

Something happening ?

2 weeks time
    I’ll give it later tonight.

• It is only a rumour, but I have heard that if anyone matches RD price, he will sell :wink:
  • shirty5 said:

Something happening ?

2 weeks time
    I’ll give it later tonight.

Have I missed something here?
  • edited November 2018
  • Come on shootershill enlighten us please??
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!