Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• More proof if you ever needed it, it’s all about his ludicrous price.
  • This thread is so big it’s consumed the Fans Forum.. there is an element of farce to be honest. But LdT was confronted by Ian with an alternative view, he but simply denied it.

I am slowly trying to get the word unicorn into the minutes.. regarding bid no2 has Ashley managed to sell yet? ;)

There were important points made about the contradictory approach to ‘PR’ , risks of a short term approach to strategy and FF communication which were broadly supported by the group.

• razil said:

This thread is so big it’s consumed the Fans Forum.. there is an element of farce to be honest. But LdT was confronted by Ian with an alternative view, he but simply denied it.

I am slowly trying to get the word unicorn into the minutes.. regarding bid no2 has Ashley managed to sell yet? ;)

There were important points made about the contradictory approach to ‘PR’ , risks of a short term approach to strategy and FF communication which were broadly supported by the group.

'PR' = Proportional Representation? Do the five groups now want a place on the fans forum? ;-)
  • Are we planning a big anniversary celebration for the “done deal” post? Must be coming up soon.
  • edited November 2018
    All will be revealed in the minutes when it is spelt out in nice plain English rather than corporate speak :-)
  • So ...... , it's a win win , all good new then. Sits back a waits for the announcement on Friday.

Not saying what Friday though !
  • Sponsored links:

• So ...... , it's a win win , all good new then. Sits back a waits for the announcement on Friday.

LDT doesn't work Fridays so it will never be a Friday
  • This proves something very significant and important.

This is the greatest thread ever.

Always the first with the best takeover news.

Long live the takeover thread.

Never close the takeover thread.

Even when we’ve been taken over!
  • This proves something very significant and important.

This is the greatest thread ever.

Always the first with the best takeover news.

Long live the takeover thread.

Never close the takeover thread.

Even when we’ve been taken over!
    Especially when we've been taken over.
  • Wonder if someone can compare previous fan forum statements from LdT and pick out any contradicting statements over the meetings
  • In 50 years time this thread will be like Father Christmas. No-one will really believe in it, but we'll all enjoy suspending disbelief and joining in, mainly for the benefit of the kids, but also to remind us of how it felt to be young, naive and optimistic.
  • Okay everybody, place your bets...
    Party #1
    Party #2
    Party #3
    Party #4
    Party #5

I’ll place a red chip on Party #1
  • I'm hoping party #5
  • Am I right in thinking that apart from the Aussies we know absolutely nothing about the other four groups or if they even exist?
  • Perhaps Roland is going to offer a Black Friday special offer of “up to 50% off”
  • Sponsored links:

• we're still in No Deal land then
  • Uboat said:

In 50 years time this thread will be like Father Christmas. No-one will really believe in it, but we'll all enjoy suspending disbelief and joining in, mainly for the benefit of the kids, but also to remind us of how it felt to be young, naive and optimistic.

Roland will be 122 and will still own us.
  • Uboat said:

Am I right in thinking that apart from the Aussies we know absolutely nothing about the other four groups or if they even exist?

Yes, you are.
  • Perhaps Roland is going to offer a Black Friday special offer of “up to 50% off”

Funny you should say that as I’ve just ordered a latent epicure battery operated salt and pepper grinder at half price. Note to self...I must really get out more.
  • Solidgone said:

Okay everybody, place your bets...
    Party #1
    Party #2
    Party #3
    Party #4
    Party #5

Party Fears Two please
  • edited November 2018
    Solidgone said:

Okay everybody, place your bets...
    Party #1
    Party #2
    Party #3
    Party #4
    Party #5

Party #942
    He will find one complete mug eventually.
  • edited November 2018
    cafcwill said:

So ...... , it's a win win , all good new then. Sits back a waits for the announcement on Friday.

LDT doesn't work Fridays so it will never be a Friday
    Nailed it !! Potential new owners set Friday as completion date 3 months ago but we have no one in the office to take the call/ sign the forms etc. I believe they are still there, somewhere in SE7...sitting in a unlit room with pen in hand.....
  • @Redhenry heard anything? Party 5 sounds very much like your mob... If we now get taken over by Mohammed Bin Salman it would be hilarious
  • CAFCsayer said:

@Redhenry heard anything? Party 5 sounds very much like your mob... If we now get taken over by Mohammed Bin Salman it would be hilarious

Not if you're Richard Cawley or any other journalist
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!