Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Victor Meldrew next to Venables?

I dont believe it!!
  • edited January 2019
    LouisMend said:

Anything of relivance been said on Charlton Live this evening?

Nope
    Respect @SoundAsa£ a response garnered straight from the horses mouth (figuratively speaking Louis not that I'm suggesting you're a donkey or the suchlike) :wink:
  • Rossman92 said:

LouisMend said:

Anything of relivance been said on Charlton Live this evening?

Nope
    Well jeez Louis I was gonna give it a listen but you may have must talked me out of it ;)
    :wink: We did discuss the takeover and Bowyer talks about it too but I can’t really claim we broke anything new!
  • J BLOCK said:

Fumbluff said:

Doesn’t someone on here have a contact at the EFL and if so anything to report...?

Looks like Terry to me - good spot!

I think Addickted knows someone within the EFL set-up.

That looks nothing like Terry V by the way.

Oh yeah, million miles away....

imageimage

It’s even the same coat...
    mmm not so sure now. You could be right. If so what's his connection with Cousin IT?
    No way is that Terry Venables
    Am certain it is.
  • J BLOCK said:

Fumbluff said:

Doesn’t someone on here have a contact at the EFL and if so anything to report...?

I think Addickted knows someone within the EFL set-up.

That looks nothing like Terry V by the way.

Oh yeah, million miles away....

imageimage

It’s even the same coat...
    mmm not so sure now. You could be right. If so what's his connection with Cousin IT?
    No way is that Terry Venables
    Am certain it is.
    For what is worth, I think it's TV too.
  • edited January 2019
    I'm certain it's Venables too.

Wasn't he also manager of the Australian national team from around 1997/98 time? Might have made a few contacts during his time there if so.
  • I’m with AFKA, this smells of anti climax.
  • I’m with AFKA, this smells of anti climax.

I hope it was a really good climax
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    seth plum said:

I spoke to Mr White briefly.
    No way on earth was he attention seeking, he had a beany hat pulled down, his voice was the give away.
    From my brief conversation I remember he said 'if I can get it over the line for you I would', that the interview with Roland left him feeling 'exhausted'. I got the feeling that nothing is (yet????) certain by a long chalk.
    I shook his hand and thanked him for keeping the profile of the story up.
    Seemed genuine to me.

You could argue that the fact that he even bothered to turn up, beany hat or no beany hat, is attention seeking within its own right. Why?
  • The problem you have when you start giving specifics with timings is that your held to them, something is happening how close or far is anyones guess and thats all it is pure guess work

JW may have the best contact of all as I belive he is getting fed by RD regardless of him saying publicly its the broker but we all know Rd is a liar and a loonie so even that info needs to be taken with caution, however its only been the info that has leaked from that side that has been spot on thus far

Henners and airman have both indicated that senior and knowledgeable people within the club have indicated progressive movement but even those folks are treading with caution

I dont think its the same aussies I think it may have sone of them in and that they may have broken away from the original pack and formed their own with new backer as I could never see the old format working in how it was being proposed too many players imo

Or its a streamlined version of the consortium

Whatever it is this feels slightly more promising and as such I am very optimistic that we may finally be heading round the finishing straight,

Finishing line in sight but a way to go to be reached

It’s not guesswork, it’s an informed estimate. He’s been given a timetable and he’s passed it on. Without it that’s the first question he would have been asked. It would also be a weaker story so I don’t blame him for that, although I agree it’s high risk.

I do think JW was a bit too gung-ho for his own good on Friday and I think he’s realised that, but it appears there are people in the club who are just as bullish if not more.
    Just wanted to commend you for getting that right mate! Bet you also know how to say 'lackadaisical' properly. :wink:
  • Scoham said:
    "an illustrious figure ‎on the Charlton scene, "

: - )
  • CafcSCP said:

Addickted said:

Texted him on Friday after the JW revelations. :smiley:

He returns to work from his Christmas holidays tomorrow

Pretty sure JW said that the EFL had already approved the fit and proper test.
    Sure that was said on Friday
    Pretty sure he didn't.

IIRC he said the fit and proper test wouldn't be a problem.
  • Takeover saga is beyond ludicrous parody.

Fixed that for you - this is Charlton Life!
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Addickted said:

Solidgone said:

Party in Sint truiden

We had better start to book hotel rooms in St Truiden for the party/celebrations. Is there a hotel nearby their local football ground that’s recommended? :wink:
    I've two rooms booked for Tuesday and Wednesday night at The Stayen if you want them - I've got until 11pm tonight to cancel them FOC.
    I would but i have read some horrible reviews on this hotel.
    I'm always in two minds.

I've had to cancel my last 42 bookings there - which is a shame.
    If I were you I wouldnt give up... there is nothing wrong being in two minds

If you have to cancel 100 times then thats just the beauty of using Booking.com
  • Scoham said:
    "an illustrious figure ‎on the Charlton scene, "

: - )
    I was happy to help
  • Crucial day today according to Jim White this morning.
    Big meeting tonight.
  • Some bloke on FB saying Talk Sport says an announcement at 1pm today.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!