Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• shirty5 said:

Crucial day today according to Jim White this morning.
    Big meeting tonight.

The Craig David of Journalism
    Quite.
    Very big hole he's digging.
  • Crucial day today according to Jim White this morning.
    Big meeting tonight.

The White family Burns Night planning meeting?
  • Rizzo said:

Some bloke on FB saying Talk Sport says an announcement at 1pm today.

Incorrect
  • Rizzo said:

Incorrect
    What did he actually say?
  • Scoham said:

Rizzo said:

Incorrect
    What I said above
  • shirty5 said:

Big meeting tonight.

Quite.
    I’m sure that as any deal comes to a conclusion one way or another the final few days are crucial. If there is a “big meeting “ why on earth wouldn’t it be crucial?
    Really think some of the sniping at JW is actually hilarious. He’s putting out what he has heard. That’s it.

I could suggest that as you don’t want to read anything other than when it’s all fact and completed or it collapses you don’t open this thread. Just wait for WIOTOS as Henners would say.

Where's the fun in that?
  • Jim White's show is 10am - 1pm, I guess he may have more to say at some point

https://talksport.com/radioplayer/live/
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Rizzo said:

Incorrect
    What I said above
    So it's gone from it'll be done last week, to done this week, now to a crucial meeting that presumably could mean it falls through.
    Which as we all know is the most likely outcome.
  • Sponsored links:

• JW's programme could be interesting, he's going to talk about us again telling fans not to worry!!
  • It isn’t happening is it. :neutral:
  • Ha! Jim White just now, quote:

"Charlton fans don't worry. Talks are coming, they are imminent, but no sign of Duchatelet leaving just yet"!!

You're joking. He said, 'just yet'? FFS.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Rizzo said:

Incorrect
    What I said above
    So it's gone from it'll be done last week, to done this week, now to a crucial meeting that presumably could mean it falls through.
    Which as we all know is the most likely outcome.
    The most likely income is another year of fan forum news that “the Aussies are still the favourites and just need to submit the paperwork”.
  • edited January 2019
    Uboat said:

Ha! Jim White just now, quote:

"Charlton fans don't worry. Talks are coming, they are imminent, but no sign of Duchatelet leaving just yet"!!

Straight up mate; just said it on the intro to his show.

I'll be listening for the next 90 minutes so will update if he says anything of any substance or significance.

Ok, so he's just said "I'll bring you the latest on that possible takeover; talks are imminent"!!! Slightly different from what he said last week!!
  • edited January 2019
    The Renaissance of CAFC needs the present incumbent owner to be history and just have his own section in the Museum's house of horrors.
    IF a deal doesn't get across the line this month I fear keeping our best players at the end of this season.
    Just average new owners with a business acumen who understand that real fans are for life not just Xmas or games for a Fiver would be fine.

Let it be.
  • Uboat said:

Ha! Jim White just now, quote:

Straight up mate; just said it on the intro to his show.
    It's happening again, isn't it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck this
  • edited January 2019
    So weve gone from its happening on Monday, to its happening on Tuesday/Wednesday, to hes not leaving yet.
  • shirty5 said:

Big meeting tonight.

Quite.
    I’m sure that as any deal comes to a conclusion one way or another the final few days are crucial. If there is a “big meeting “ why on earth wouldn’t it be crucial?
    Really think some of the sniping at JW is actually hilarious. He’s putting out what he has heard. That’s it.

I could suggest that as you don’t want to read anything other than when it’s all fact and completed or it collapses you don’t open this thread. Just wait for WIOTOS as Henners would say.

Where's the fun in that?
    To a lot of fans who really want this shit sorted out it's not a laughing matter.
  • CAFCTrev said:

So weve gone from its happening on Monday, to its happening on Tuesday/Wednesday, to hes not leaving yet.

Essentially nothing has changed.

There is an interested party, they are talking to the regime but the deal hasn't been finalised.

It might be but it might not.

White has over egged his takeover cake but it remains WIOTOS.
  • RedChaser said:

shirty5 said:

Big meeting tonight.

Quite.

Where's the fun in that?
    To a lot of fans who really want this shit sorted out it's not a laughing matter.
    The plight of our club isn’t a laughing matter. People having a pop at a journalist for being a journalist is funny.

• Oh my word this is unbearable
  • "Talks are imminent about the possible takeover"!! You truly couldn't make it up with this fella.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!