Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• what is fecking laughable is the fact, that they get to this stage and pull out because of the price, fuck me you surely know the price whilst entering into discussions and especially the Aussie's know what he will and won't accept, what a shambles.

That’s why I stick to my point pages back , 90% of this shite coming out again now is guess work and pure speculation and is no doubt done with good intentions but should be spoken about as speculation not it’s happening not it’s 24/48 hrs away

Ffs How many times will people fall for this stuff

Even those in the club who I know would know all to a man said proceed with caution we have been here before

That’s who you listen too not fucking Jim white and then get wound up because the poor sod has been taken in by the hype himself

It wasn’t imminent it wasn’t 90% done

It is either done or it ain’t there’s no in between

Don’t believe anyone who says dates and hours until completion

Prepare to be underwhelmed and prepare to be disappointed and you will not have Your evenings ruined any longer
    Great post, take a bow sir.
  • what is fecking laughable is the fact, that they get to this stage and pull out because of the price, fuck me you surely know the price whilst entering into discussions and especially the Aussie's know what he will and won't accept, what a shambles.

That’s why I stick to my point pages back , 90% of this shite coming out again now is guess work and pure speculation and is no doubt done with good intentions but should be spoken about as speculation not it’s happening not it’s 24/48 hrs away

Ffs How many times will people fall for this stuff

Even those in the club who I know would know all to a man said proceed with caution we have been here before

That’s who you listen too not fucking Jim white and then get wound up because the poor sod has been taken in by the hype himself

It wasn’t imminent it wasn’t 90% done

It is either done or it ain’t there’s no in between

Don’t believe anyone who says dates and hours until completion

Prepare to be underwhelmed and prepare to be disappointed and you will not have Your evenings ruined any longer
    In fairness mate you have been correct all through this thread
  • Pretty simple question, are the Americans in or out? If they are out is it over?

I suspect we will know tomorrow. Or Wednesday.

Or next week, or in a fortnight, or by February etc etc.
  • Pretty simple question, are the Americans in or out? If they are out is it over?

I suspect we will know tomorrow. Or Wednesday.

Or next week, or in a fortnight, or by February etc etc.
    Some time in the next 48-72 hours. Starting some time in the next 12 hours.
  • seriously though. is it all over? we are basing this on 1 comment from airman.
  • seriously though. is it all over? we are basing this on 1 comment from airman.

In my opinion it is all over for now.
    Next lot of rumours will start at the end of the season.
    Hopefully I am wrong.
  • You can fool most of the people most of the time

Disapointment is in our CAFC DNA but not re this all the take over ITK its utter twaddle

• Sponsored links:

In out in out, shake it all about...
  • Where did the money for Jonny Williams come from if we’re not being taken over?
  • I cant believe my luck. I’ve just literally bumped into a couple of Australians in a walkabout pub (unbelievable Jeff) and I asked them about the Charlton takeover situation. They said something about a Bruce yanking the Roos tail (must be code for the American/Aussie consortium) and then vomited something about Hughie and getting the Farquhar. Again, cos I’m clever me thinks these could be the big backers.
    And so chappies and chappiesesse me thinks it’s imminent and it’s happening!

Next stop is the Kebab shop...I’ll ask there too.
  • My Head hurts
  • Where did the money for Jonny Williams come from if we’re not being taken over?

Bowyer has a budget, but I would be surprised if we are paying very much if anything for Williams.

Probably free and using Wards wages.

Thought I saw somewhere that we've basically picked up the remainder of his existing contract. Assume that Palace are probably paying some of his salary - doubt we are paying it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he still owns us come the summer best we prepare for most of the out of contract players to walk,unless of course we somehow gain promotion
  • cafc-west said:

Where did the money for Jonny Williams come from if we’re not being taken over?

Thought I saw somewhere that we've basically picked up the remainder of his existing contract. Assume that Palace are probably paying some of his salary - doubt we are paying it all.
    It's very plausible but think that was Airman's take on it, haven't seen anything official though.
  • As if thwy would have a meeting in the eveni g FFS. Why couldn't they have it during business hours? It doesn't add up.

Nope I don’t think it’s off , I don’t think anything has changed substantially from last week

I believe white was fed some very credible information because they knew he would tell the world.

This is very much the last throws of one of the two parties trying to get the lay remaining pound note either on the sale or taken off

I believe that people were shown around and introduced to people as the new owners

I just don’t believe the money part has ever been proven and as such RD won’t budge from his 40-50 mil asking price

The directors loans are irrelevant in the whole thing for me as I think the buyer would be happy to repay the 7mil upon reaching the premier

I don’t believe the asking price is the issue as you would just walk away if you were not getting anywhere near the amount you were willing to spend

I don’t believe RD is stuck on 50 mil either I reckon it’s closer to 30 mil

But that’s my own thoughts it’s not anything other than speculation and guess work

Closes thread, waits for NLAs next post.
  • Rudders22 said:

As if thwy would have a meeting in the eveni g FFS. Why couldn't they have it during business hours? It doesn't add up.

I think you'll find Australia are something like 12 hrs in front of us and New York about 5 hrs behind.
  • Cmon someone come up with a buying a house analogy, we haven’t had one of those for 50 pages....
  • Rudders22 said:

As if thwy would have a meeting in the eveni g FFS. Why couldn't they have it during business hours? It doesn't add up.

I think you'll find Australia are something like 12 hrs in front of us and New York about 5 hrs behind.
    What about the trains?
  • Halix said:

Halix said:

So if ive got this straight, we could be moving from a billionaire owner who isnt prepared to invest, to Australian owners who havent got any money to invest, and who have had to raise the money by selling the freehold to third party American money men.

I cant really see this being any great improvement.

It would be far, far worse.
    The other thing that worries me is why are the Australians working so hard to buy us? They arent fans, theres no huge financial reward, theres any number of clubs that are suitable (and probably cheaper) unless they have found a previously unknown diamond mine under the carpark, or struck oil when doing the survey I cant see what their motivation is.
    I've said this many times, just doesn't make sense how a year later they're still trying to buy us & now it seems are prepared to become tenants. This could actually turn out worse than being owned by douchebag & I never thought that was possible. :-(
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!