Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 2 fat ladies, up The Millers

Lucky you. I have never heard it called Millers before
  • FFS! I’ve bought Accrington tickets 🙈

Who are they
  • edited January 2019
    You know the absolute worst thing about this weeks sorry little episode....

About 10 pages ago @DOUCHER said it wasn’t happening so he’s actually got something right finally....

Mind you he does like to cover all bases though....
  • I have had 300 pot noodles in my basket all day? Do i purchase?

Is it on? Or off?

• Aussies go down under 69
  • addick100 said:

I have had 300 pot noodles in my basket all day? Do i purchase?

Is it on? Or off?

Yes
  • addick100 said:

Is it on? Or off?

The middle one
  • Sponsored links:

• Solidgone said:

My immediate concern is whether RD is about to sell Taylor to the spanners to help towards the mounting running costs.

If that happens then i think i'll be done with this club
  • Assuming a meeting is taking place at all, you’d have to imagine it’s happening now or just about to.
  • Solidgone said:

My immediate concern is whether RD is about to sell Taylor to the spanners to help towards the mounting running costs.

If that happens then i think i'll be done with this club
    Would certainly be a new low. I think Bowyer might well walk if that happened.

• Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
    This is what I posted earlier, if that helps. A few calls were made yesterday by other people and this is what came back. It’s a prediction and it comes from someone who has been involved, but it is not a definitive statement of fact or a claim that it has already happened.

I don’t know anything about Jim White’s meeting but there are two primary sources of the report it’s about to be done. One is the broker, who is talking to JW, and the other is Lieven De Turck.
    Airman I don’t mean to be rude but that’s conflicting unless I’m being stupid? You have said the contact said the Americans are going to back off and then say the source says it’s about to be done?
    My contact is very sceptical about the parties’ ability to conclude a deal and believes the next thing that will happen is that the American funding will stall.

Both the broker and De Turck, separately, have given the impression that it is imminent.
    So Airman - Given what you said in your last post, can you tell us how your source is so knowledgable, when the information that it's imminent comes from the fella handling the sale for Roland and the fella brokering the deal itself?
    I'm assuming your source is close to whichever consortium is/isn't buying the club, can you elaborate?
    Not easily, while respecting confidences, but timing is part of it. The broker / De Turck line is last week’s news. As people have noted, JW has backtracked a bit on Friday’s public position. It’s not a coincidence.

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This is what I posted earlier, if that helps. A few calls were made yesterday by other people and this is what came back. It’s a prediction and it comes from someone who has been involved, but it is not a definitive statement of fact or a claim that it has already happened.

I don’t know anything about Jim White’s meeting but there are two primary sources of the report it’s about to be done. One is the broker, who is talking to JW, and the other is Lieven De Turck.
    Airman I don’t mean to be rude but that’s conflicting unless I’m being stupid? You have said the contact said the Americans are going to back off and then say the source says it’s about to be done?
    My contact is very sceptical about the parties’ ability to conclude a deal and believes the next thing that will happen is that the American funding will stall.

Both the broker and De Turck, separately, have given the impression that it is imminent.

So it's off then.
    Again.

So Airman - Given what you said in your last post, can you tell us how your source is so knowledgable, when the information that it's imminent comes from the fella handling the sale for Roland and the fella brokering the deal itself?
    I'm assuming your source is close to whichever consortium is/isn't buying the club, can you elaborate?
    Not easily, while respecting confidences, but timing is part of it. The broker / De Turck line is last week’s news. As people have noted, JW has backtracked a bit on Friday’s public position. It’s not a coincidence.
    So is it fair to say that this supposed meeting today is/was basically make or break for any potential takeover deal featuring the Aussies?

JW completely jumped the gun and was miles off.
  • Stig said:

addick100 said:

Is it on? Or off?

Your'e not the only one. I've had this little lot lined up for months. All I needed to do was get some beer to have a right old party.

Celebrate (1 of 1)
    Fosters and Angel delight.
    What sort of heathen are you.

So is it fair to say that this supposed meeting today is/was basically make or break for any potential takeover deal featuring the Aussies?
    No idea.
  • Sponsored links:

No idea.
    Same as the rest of us then
  • Stig said:

addick100 said:

Is it on? Or off?

Your'e not the only one. I've had this little lot lined up for months. All I needed to do was get some beer to have a right old party.

Celebrate (1 of 1)
    Fosters and Angel delight.
    What sort of heathen are you.
    I've found out through experience that you can make Fosters taste better by mixing it with any old shite.
  • Stig said:

addick100 said:

Is it on? Or off?

Celebrate (1 of 1)
    Used to love Angel Delight, butterscotch being me fav. Used to always drink it though before it had chance to set ffs
  • Does the Australian consortium actually exist?
  • lolwray said:

Any good fish puns ?

Caught between a Rock and a hard Plaice!
  • Cod almighty,not fish puns again
  • Think we’ll know either way tomorrow. Crucial meeting taking place as we speak.
  • johnny73 said:

lolwray said:

Any good fish puns ?

Caught between a Rock and a hard Plaice!
    I just cant Hake it all anymore
  • J BLOCK said:

Think we’ll know either way tomorrow. Crucial meeting taking place as we speak.

Is it though? Or is that bit made up too?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!