Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Anyone want to buy some 2nd hand party stuff? The hat and kazoo got used and the pack of 12 party balloons are inflated so you will have to collect, postage would be expensive... I'll be picking confetti out of me arse crack for fucking weeks, whoever invented glitter needs shooting!

#1 post ever on Charlton life. Hilarious.
  • Uboat said:

Valley11 said:

This really is torture. What a shitty 5 years to support our club

It really makes me wish I'd paid more attention when things weren't shit.
    @Uboat yup. Was watching the Wolves game, their shiny stadium and impressive team, and thought the same. We’re in the 3rd division largely because of an owner. Bloody awful.
  • Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
    This is what I posted earlier, if that helps. A few calls were made yesterday by other people and this is what came back. It’s a prediction and it comes from someone who has been involved, but it is not a definitive statement of fact or a claim that it has already happened.

I don’t know anything about Jim White’s meeting but there are two primary sources of the report it’s about to be done. One is the broker, who is talking to JW, and the other is Lieven De Turck.
    Airman I don’t mean to be rude but that’s conflicting unless I’m being stupid? You have said the contact said the Americans are going to back off and then say the source says it’s about to be done?
    My contact is very sceptical about the parties’ ability to conclude a deal and believes the next thing that will happen is that the American funding will stall.

Both the broker and De Turck, separately, have given the impression that it is imminent.
    So Airman - Given what you said in your last post, can you tell us how your source is so knowledgable, when the information that it's imminent comes from the fella handling the sale for Roland and the fella brokering the deal itself?
    I'm assuming your source is close to whichever consortium is/isn't buying the club, can you elaborate?
    Not easily, while respecting confidences, but timing is part of it. The broker / De Turck line is last week’s news. As people have noted, JW has backtracked a bit on Friday’s public position. It’s not a coincidence.
    So is it fair to say that this supposed meeting today is/was basically make or break for any potential takeover deal featuring the Aussies?
    I think you'll find the "meeting" was once again more bollox from JW. He's being fed a line & you're all swallowing it. Why would anyone apart from RD tell him anything. In all our struggles he has only talked to /interviewed RD.
  • cabbles said:

I wonder what time the news of tonight’s meeting will filter out?

What meeting?
  • Give a little whistle...
  • So both sources work for/are hired by RD, good thing there's history of being dishonest there.

It's all smoke n feckin mirrors.

Broker’s not working for RD.
    Is that not a little strange? Surely in most sales the broker works for the party with the thing for sale?

What I still don't understand is, if this wasn't a ploy to speed up a competing bid, why leak it to a national reporter?
    When a house is being sold (yes, I know) both parties have a broker or agent.

Why not with a football club?

Either the broker finds buyers or the buyers find a broker.

Either way the broker takes a fee

Murray told me Duchatelet paid a £1m finder's fee when he bought Charlton.
    I stand corrected, I always imagined, obviously incorrectly, that a broker would work for the seller.
  • First rule about the meeting is do not talk about the meeting
  • Off subject but I think we need to lighten the mood for a minute... I went to the Fulham v Oldham game yesterday, a close mate is a Fulham fan and he will come to Charlton when there’s a spare ticket.... anyway... the Oldham fans sung the following chant and it really made me laugh...

“Give me a T, give me an I, give me a T, give me an S, what do you do with em... Oldham, Oldham, Oldham!”

Every week, then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Australian consortium according to JW.

Doesn't that contradict what Airman said the other day?

American money, based on holding the assets. Australian control, based on owning the football club. However, the same source says the Americans will now back off.

This isn’t via JW, by the way.
    This is what I posted earlier, if that helps. A few calls were made yesterday by other people and this is what came back. It’s a prediction and it comes from someone who has been involved, but it is not a definitive statement of fact or a claim that it has already happened.

I don’t know anything about Jim White’s meeting but there are two primary sources of the report it’s about to be done. One is the broker, who is talking to JW, and the other is Lieven De Turck.
    Airman I don’t mean to be rude but that’s conflicting unless I’m being stupid? You have said the contact said the Americans are going to back off and then say the source says it’s about to be done?
    My contact is very sceptical about the parties’ ability to conclude a deal and believes the next thing that will happen is that the American funding will stall.

Both the broker and De Turck, separately, have given the impression that it is imminent.
    So Airman - Given what you said in your last post, can you tell us how your source is so knowledgable, when the information that it's imminent comes from the fella handling the sale for Roland and the fella brokering the deal itself?
    I'm assuming your source is close to whichever consortium is/isn't buying the club, can you elaborate?
    Not easily, while respecting confidences, but timing is part of it. The broker / De Turck line is last week’s news. As people have noted, JW has backtracked a bit on Friday’s public position. It’s not a coincidence.
    So is it fair to say that this supposed meeting today is/was basically make or break for any potential takeover deal featuring the Aussies?
    I think you'll find the "meeting" was once again more bollox from JW. He's being fed a line & you're all swallowing it. Why would anyone apart from RD tell him anything. In all our struggles he has only talked to /interviewed RD.
    Incorrect
  • Off_it said:

The way I read it was that the Americans would not be involved in the day to day running, that would be the Aussies! Similar to cash and slater/Jimenez. Am I wrong?

As an American, I can say that no American who has earned their money would ever invest in something that chronically loses money and THEN hand it over to some Australians to run. When Americans invest, if it is not making money then they will control the running of it until it does. To me this is ultimate proof the rumours are nonsense.
    As an Englishman I can say that that is a load of old bollocks. To me this is ultimate proof that you talking nonsense.

See, we can all do that .....
    100%
  • cabbles said:

Rudders22 said:

cabbles said:

What meeting?
    It’s getting heated
    Love that.. so funny mate.
  • Off_it said:

The way I read it was that the Americans would not be involved in the day to day running, that would be the Aussies! Similar to cash and slater/Jimenez. Am I wrong?

As an American, I can say that no American who has earned their money would ever invest in something that chronically loses money and THEN hand it over to some Australians to run. When Americans invest, if it is not making money then they will control the running of it until it does. To me this is ultimate proof the rumours are nonsense.
    As an Englishman I can say that that is a load of old bollocks. To me this is ultimate proof that you talking nonsense.

See, we can all do that .....
    That's what he does best, tbf.
  • cabbles said:

Rudders22 said:

cabbles said:

What meeting?
    It’s getting heated
    This is excellent, but why no random Americans? May I suggest Jennifer Aniston?
  • The way I read it was that the Americans would not be involved in the day to day running, that would be the Aussies! Similar to cash and slater/Jimenez. Am I wrong?

Maybe this American didn't earn his money. Maybe he won it, inherited it, or stole it, like most rich Americans.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSJShhHwy94
  • I said the following on page 33, twenty one months ago..

I worry Roland is turning potential buyers off by having some stupid clause or kicker or he wants to keep the stadium, or some other low-class crap that he would not be above pulling.

And on page 37, twenty months ago

Which is why I am not for the Aussie takeover. If they are struggling to raise the money to buy the club, then they sure don't have the cash to get us promoted.

All this time later, I still think the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he still owns us come the summer best we prepare for most of the out of contract players to walk,unless of course we somehow gain promotion

So instead of entering the draw & for only one person winning the chance to have a go at the cross bar challenge,next season a few could win a place on the bench or even get a start if they remember to bring there boots...it's the Roland way...!!!
  • 167 new posts since I last looked, presumably of absolutely nothing, am I right or am I right?
  • cabbles said:

the fish puns are the last straw for FORD

1438 pages of bollox as nothing has changed since page 1 and I get 2 flags for a fish pun. Fcuk this day.
    Don't you mean 1438 pages of pollocks.
  • edited January 2019

https://www.trump.com/

This was like shooting fi...well you get the idea.
  • I said the following on page 33, twenty one months ago..

I worry Roland is turning potential buyers off by having some stupid clause or kicker or he wants to keep the stadium, or some other low-class crap that he would not be above pulling.

And on page 37, twenty months ago

Which is why I am not for the Aussie takeover. If they are struggling to raise the money to buy the club, then they sure don't have the cash to get us promoted.

All this time later, I still think the same.
    Stopped clocks etc.
  • Is it worth going to bed tonight?
  • Has Tuesday been cancelled this week now.
    If it has, I better put the bins out.
  • That’s weird, I’ve already put the bins out.
    Do we not all have the same binmen?
    There’s three for my road, one drives the van and the other two collect the bins. One is taller than the other one but I don’t know how tall the third one is as he’s usually seated whilst driving isn’t he?
  • RedChaser said:

Is it worth going to bed tonight?

Are you on a promise ?
    Showing your age knowing that term dear boy.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!