Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019
    sm said:

Scoham said:

Looking forward to more Jim White backtracking today. Maybe he’ll announce Meire is joining from Wednesday as CEO.

I must say we haven't really noticed her absence - the fact that we can carry on for months without a CEO etc speaks volumes for their contribution when they were here.
    We only know that us fans don’t notice that much difference, on a day to day basis that is.
    However, I rather suspect that staff at the club notice a hell of a difference and that things don’t run anything like as smoothly or rationally as they should, thus making for a not so convivial work experience.
    This in turn must surely impact upon the perception and experience that we fans have when we come into contact (for whatever reason), with the inner workings at the club.
    You don’t have to look very far on this message board to find quite significant dissatisfaction with how the club in general is being run at present.
    For a well run happy ship I give you Peter Varney, he was the nigh on perfect CEO and what happy days they were on his watch.

• Imagine if there was a huge twist in the tale.

Richard Murrary has secretly been the official owner of the club all along.

The 49% belongs to....

Lenny Lawrence

Quite random. I know

• So, does anyone know how the meeting concluded last night?

We don’t even know if there was a meeting!

• I don't think it is going to happen today.

My source of another source of a sort of source of ketchup has told me.

I just do not believe it will be today. For a good enough reason.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Hope I am wrong.

Let's just hope it happens within the next week.

Yet another dottiest post of the week contender!

• How much does RD get on his bet when this thread reaches 1500 pages.
  • 2% Rate of Return I have heard
  • JW due to give an update on the takeover shortly ...
  • Is it over yet?
  • Sponsored links:

• Listening to Talk sport Jim White giving us an update shortly, talks ongoing
  • Bullshit
  • ads said:

Bullshit

you cant call BS until somethings actually been said..

• J BLOCK said:

Listening to Talk sport Jim White giving us an update shortly, talks ongoing

Blimey they must be tired as they started talking yesterday
  • The latest odds:

1/4 Noel Edmonds
    5/2 Aussies (with a bit of American chucked in)
    10/1 Zabeel
    12/1 Redbull
    25/1 The landlord of The Winchester
    100/1 The Bromley Consortium
    150/1 NLA (yet to show proof of funds - rumour has it they're hidden under the full stop button on his keyboard which he is yet to find)
    200/1 Curbs

Count Noel out of the running, he's a hammer apparently.
  • Here we go.... bingo time.... how much of these will he say "... "i understand talks are ongoing" "takeover may happen"... "could find out in next 48/72 hrs" "anticipated"... "don't worry charlton fans".. "no update yet"... "meeting set to take place next 24 hrs"... "takeover could be completed by the end of this week/month/year"
  • edited January 2019
    Rudders22 said:

Here we go.... bingo time.... how much of these will he say "... "i understand talks are ongoing" "takeover may happen"... "could find out in next 48/72 hrs" "anticipated"... "don't worry charlton fans".. "no update yet"... "meeting set to take place next 24 hrs"... "takeover could be completed by the end of this week/month/year"

He'll say

"All Charlton fans, the best advice I can give it to not got hung up on deadlines but just wait until it's on the official site, now back to the crises at Liverpool and is OGS the best Man Utd manager ever? Plus there are some great offers at Wicks on Duct tape this week"
  • How much does Henry get on his bet when this thread reaches 1500 pages.

Fixed.
  • Sponsored links:

• OSG?

Or OGS
  • DOUCHER said:

Solidgone said:

My immediate concern is whether RD is about to sell Taylor to the spanners to help towards the mounting running costs.

If that happens then i think i'll be done with this club
    No major player sales this window - I know that for a fact
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c33910fe1200/done-deal-charlton-swoop-for-goalkeeper-chris-maxwell
  • JW will update us daily until it finally happens in 2028.
  • addick100 said:

DOUCHER said:

Solidgone said:

My immediate concern is whether RD is about to sell Taylor to the spanners to help towards the mounting running costs.

If that happens then i think i'll be done with this club
    No major player sales this window - I know that for a fact
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c33910fe1200/done-deal-charlton-swoop-for-goalkeeper-chris-maxwell
    mis-read your comment douche. apologies haha
  • Talks are positive according to Jim White.
  • Still talking about unlocking the money
  • Hahaha, talks on going between americans and australian's to unlock money so a bid CAN be made.
  • Rudders22 said:

Here we go.... bingo time.... how much of these will he say "... "i understand talks are ongoing" "takeover may happen"... "could find out in next 48/72 hrs" "anticipated"... "don't worry charlton fans".. "no update yet"... "meeting set to take place next 24 hrs"... "takeover could be completed by the end of this week/month/year"

He'll say

"All Charlton fans, the best advice I can give it to not got hung up on deadlines but just wait until it's on the official site, now back to the crises at Liverpool and is OGS the best Man Utd manager ever? Plus there are some great offers at Wicks on Duct tape this week"
    Pretty spot on really! Liverpool were the next point straight after!
  • JW now saying last night's talks were hugely positive and it could still happen this week

"Could" This is not a deadline.

WIOTOS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!