Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

I think it far more likely that credible buyers take a look and then walk away once they have seen the price tag. Indeed I'm now able to reveal an example of that, involving a name that has been bandied around on here:
    Alisher Usmanov.
    As I've mentioned at various times, there is a Vienna based Addick who is a senior honcho in an investment bank there. In 2014, he came (too) late in the game with a bid involving the Arenacom guys and a Ukrainian oligarch. Apparently Usmanov is his client (for other business) so he took the opportunity to pitch the sale to him. Usmanov was interested enough to look over the sale documentation (knowing full well Charlton's League position). However after reading said documents he replied that he wasn't interested. Period.
    I also learnt that Steve spoke with Richard Murray in December. Murray told him that he thought a deal was near but he did not say to Steve that he should back off with other buyers because of this.

This reinforces my long held view that the issue is the unrealistic price that RD is holding out for, and the Aussies have so far been the only party willing to even try to reason with the deluded one. For people like Usmanov, it's not worth them wasting their breath.

The quoted price went up dramatically in December and De Turck knows that because he was the messenger.
    Are you able to say what the quoted price was?

Over £70m.
    Airman please clarify, what you are suggesting.
    The Aussies/Americans are discussing a £70M deal ?
    Alternatively, how much is their deal for and you are saying other recent enquirers have been quoted £70M to deter them ?
    De Turck quoted over £70m to a credible interested party, which abruptly ended their interest. I think this was in the context that they were already close to a deal with the current party, whether that turns out to be true or not.
    Presumably the Forest guy that broke the NDA by tweeting a pic?
  • Mrkinski said:

Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

I think it far more likely that credible buyers take a look and then walk away once they have seen the price tag. Indeed I'm now able to reveal an example of that, involving a name that has been bandied around on here:
    Alisher Usmanov.
    As I've mentioned at various times, there is a Vienna based Addick who is a senior honcho in an investment bank there. In 2014, he came (too) late in the game with a bid involving the Arenacom guys and a Ukrainian oligarch. Apparently Usmanov is his client (for other business) so he took the opportunity to pitch the sale to him. Usmanov was interested enough to look over the sale documentation (knowing full well Charlton's League position). However after reading said documents he replied that he wasn't interested. Period.
    I also learnt that Steve spoke with Richard Murray in December. Murray told him that he thought a deal was near but he did not say to Steve that he should back off with other buyers because of this.

This reinforces my long held view that the issue is the unrealistic price that RD is holding out for, and the Aussies have so far been the only party willing to even try to reason with the deluded one. For people like Usmanov, it's not worth them wasting their breath.

The quoted price went up dramatically in December and De Turck knows that because he was the messenger.

Over £70m.
    Alternatively, how much is their deal for and you are saying other recent enquirers have been quoted £70M to deter them ?
    De Turck quoted over £70m to a credible interested party, which abruptly ended their interest. I think this was in the context that they were already close to a deal with the current party, whether that turns out to be true or not.
    Presumably the Forest guy that broke the NDA by tweeting a pic?
    Suspect it was after that

• Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    I see you've edited this now. So he was in effect stopping a gazumping from occuring.
    Which, ironically is entirely commendable when buying a house.
  • edited January 2019
    Dizzle said:

Be very careful as a comment like that was on my charge in court over small bollox
  • edited January 2019
    If that is the price, this rumour is definitely fake. Maybe he has lowered it - but no way anybody is going to pay even half that for us! It feels like we might be being played by a mad man.

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    I see you've edited this now. So he was in effect stopping a gazumping from occuring.
    Not if the current party turns out still not to have the money.
  • I doubt £70+ million was even a credible value before RD started asset stripping the club !
  • AIRMAN HAS NOW AMENDED HIS POST.
    FOR CLARITY HE HAS NOT SUGGESTED A PRICE THAT THE AUSSIES/AMERICANS MAY BE PAYING.

HE HAS SIMPLY SUGGESTED THAT A RECENT INTERESTED ENQUIRER WERE QUOTED £70M (PRESUMABLY TO GET RID).
  • Sponsored links:

• Spanish said:

I doubt £70+ million was even a credible value before RD started asset stripping the club !

It wasnt when we were in the prem!
  • Dizzle said:

When are we going to storm this old twats office like the Standard fans did to force him to fuck off?

Be very careful as a comment like that was on my charge in court over small bollox
    Another revelation. We are all under the impression that you have big bollox !!!!

Mine are huge that’s why the small one came for me

AIRMAN HAS NOW AMENDED HIS POST.
    FOR CLARITY HE HAS NOT SUGGESTED A PRICE THAT THE AUSSIES/AMERICANS MAY BE PAYING.

HE HAS SIMPLY SUGGESTED THAT A RECENT INTERESTED ENQUIRER WERE QUOTED £70M (PRESUMABLY TO GET RID).

Good god CE that’s loud

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    Not if the current party turns out still not to have the money.
    I wouldn't know.
    But might I suggest that it has been mentioned on numerous occasions, by yourself included that the Aussies have spent a lot of money just getting this far.
    Maybe Duchatelet was respectfully letting them get a deal over the line.

He does seem very keen to hand the keys over to the Australian party. Which is scary in itself.
  • Will someone from the FF finally hold LVT to account tomorrow. Fuck NDA's. As FANS we are entitled to know.....

1) what price does RD want.
    2) has anyone agreed to this price (don't need names if he really won't say)
    3) has he turned down another bidder buy inflating the price.

Then tell the press thus nonsense- especially JW - and the EFL.

@Pico
  • edited January 2019
    For £70m any prospective buyer is probably thinking they're buying the whole town of Charlton let alone the club!

A complete contrast to the price supposedly being lowered to between £20m-£30m
  • Dizzle said:

When are we going to storm this old twats office like the Standard fans did to force him to fuck off?

Sensitive !!! Cheers mate. I’ll edit
  • Sponsored links:

• Football clubs should be independently valued to avoid this situation.

Don't be silly, someone can buy & sell for whatever they agree.
  • All those people slagging off a Red Bull deal and going to Peninsular .
  • Dizzle said:

Another revelation. We are all under the impression that you have big bollox !!!!

Mine are huge that’s why the small one came for me

AIRMAN HAS NOW AMENDED HIS POST.

Good god CE that’s loud

Sorry, but some people were getting all set to invade Belgium on the strength of the unclear communication :smile:

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    You’re selling your house (sorry) for 30m, but a late bid comes in from someone you’ve had dealings with before that you can’t stand.
    So you up the price to 70m because you want them to go away. But you’re greedy, so you set a price at which you’ll overcome your personal dislike.
    Think that might be what happened here.

• edited January 2019
    Macronate said:

So if I put my house up for sale for £300k and am in talks about the price, whether I’m leaving the fridge etc. and another potential buyer comes in (let’s call them Red Bull), I immediately quote that potential buyer £600k just to scare them off.

Makes perfect business sense.

Depends if you've got a hang up about how good the house looks up against others on the street?
    You spent a fair few quid doing it up in a kind of non conformative way. You think it looks good.Really good. In fact if it wasn't for you the place would probably be a pile of rubble now.
    In reality everyone who visits or passes it in the street think it looks shit. But you know best.
    You've put it up for sale as you can't really be bothered with stupid people who know less than you.
    There's two offers. A low one from a family that know even less about renovations than you. They'll have no money left after they've forked out for the house and in a short space of time will more than likely end up with that pile of rubble.
    The other offer from, let's call them the Redballs matches the other offer. But the Redballs know a lot about house renovations. They've got a load of money to throw at it and before long it may well be the best looking house on the street. That will never do. Someone somewhere that actually knows more about houses than you think you do. Treble the price and get rid of them.

It's why people that are so consummately obsessed with saving face should never buy houses....or football clubs!

• Done.

Can't wait to see that posted legitimately.
  • Oh dear. EUR 10-30m might just about be justifiable for a property that was worth 40m over 5 years ago but has been run into the ground since then.

Any more and it becomes less and less valuable.
  • Anyone got any idea how much of the 70 million is goodwill? Sounds astronomical!

Alisher Usmanov.

Over £70m.
    I think someone should tell Roderick or whatever his name is that his dad has gone Doolally. :lol:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!