Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• SORRY FOR SHOUTING BUT I WOULD LIKE TO REPEAT THAT AIRMAN IS NOT SUGGESTING THE AUSSIES/AMERICANS ARE PAYING £70M.

He is not suggesting a price that they may pay. He is saying that a recent party was quoted £70M in order to deter them, presumably because he thinks he's selling/want to sell to the Aussies/Americans.
  • I literally just bought my tickets for Shrewsbury and Peterborough quite excited thinking we are near the end of Roland, come on here and see the 70mill post and I can't lie it has well and truly taken the jam out of my doughnut. If I had that kind of money I would pay it without even hesitating but who else would without any kind of affinity to the club.

We are absolutely fucked, I truly bought into Jim Whites comments and expected to be celebrating at Shrewsbury but it seems the same as before now.

What a shit show
  • I’m finding this whole shitshow rather dispiriting. I just want us all to be happy.
  • Um makes no sense. Yep read it back, still makes no sense.

In fact none of it makes any sense.

Fuck rationaislm we need a new duchataletism.

The art of creating a pig’s ear from a swan, the art of Dadaism taken to a greater extreme.

If someone is prepared to give £40m, sell all the best players and ask for £50m. Insult the players and the fans as often as possible.

Attempt by every possible choice to reduce the value of the club and then ask for more money after every reductive action.

Maybe truly you are a great artist Duchatelet.
  • £70m, there’s the answer why we haven’t been sold. Bloody obvious no other bids were received. Shame it’s taken until this evening for this snippet to come out but great that it is now there.
    It actually cheered me up seeing that figure, I never expected it, made me chuckle. Roland really is a strange man quoting serious business people insulting sucked out of the air figures.
    £70m you can buy a proper football club for that and he knows that. I seriously doubt his intentions to sell up. His preferred buyer obviously can’t come up with the money for their agreed price so we remain with the nut case losing a shed load each month who wants a shed load of money for a club that’s worth well short of his deranged valuation.
  • Why would he want to deter anyone though, it doesn't make any sense, once again it's hinted that there's evidence, but none is provided, a load of BS, imo.

When losing 1m a month surely you'd be willing to sell to anyone who meets the 'actual' price rather than dig your heels in and wait for a group who clearly don't have the required funding in place to get the deal over the line.

The aussies, have dicked around for a year, that's 12 months of extra loses RD has incurred, yet we're supposed to believe otther parties are quoted crazy numbers to protect them? Nah, not buyingg that for a second.

Let’s ask LDT then and see what he says.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why would he want to deter anyone though, it doesn't make any sense, once again it's hinted that there's evidence, but none is provided, a load of BS, imo.

When losing 1m a month surely you'd be willing to sell to anyone who meets the 'actual' price rather than dig your heels in and wait for a group who clearly don't have the required funding in place to get the deal over the line.

The aussies, have dicked around for a year, that's 12 months of extra loses RD has incurred, yet we're supposed to believe otther parties are quoted crazy numbers to protect them? Nah, not buyingg that for a second.

Let’s ask LDT then and see what he says.
    Better yet, why not present the.evidence you have?
  • razil said:

He can simply deny anything we put to him unless we have evidence

If he’s the honest guy that some believe him to be then he won’t be comfortable lying. And he might want to consider what evidence may emerge to expose him if he does.
    I'm aware that, until now, at least one member of the FF has stated he has no reason to believe that LDT has not been telling them the truth at the recent update meetings.
  • edited January 2019

Does anyone else think of this every time LDT is mentioned -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrIH_EYhfHk

• edited January 2019
    Fumbluff said:

• edited January 2019

Fumbluff said:

• Well, I'm a bit sceptical that other potential buyers are being turned away because of the Aussies.Exclusivity? For a year or more? It doesn't seem like rational business behaviour to me. But then again, this is Duchatelet we are dealing with here.

I think it far more likely that credible buyers take a look and then walk away once they have seen the price tag. Indeed I'm now able to reveal an example of that, involving a name that has been bandied around on here:
    Alisher Usmanov.
    As I've mentioned at various times, there is a Vienna based Addick who is a senior honcho in an investment bank there. In 2014, he came (too) late in the game with a bid involving the Arenacom guys and a Ukrainian oligarch. Apparently Usmanov is his client (for other business) so he took the opportunity to pitch the sale to him. Usmanov was interested enough to look over the sale documentation (knowing full well Charlton's League position). However after reading said documents he replied that he wasn't interested. Period.
    I also learnt that Steve spoke with Richard Murray in December. Murray told him that he thought a deal was near but he did not say to Steve that he should back off with other buyers because of this.

This reinforces my long held view that the issue is the unrealistic price that RD is holding out for, and the Aussies have so far been the only party willing to even try to reason with the deluded one. For people like Usmanov, it's not worth them wasting their breath.

The quoted price went up dramatically in December and De Turck knows that because he was the messenger.
    Are you able to say what the quoted price was?

Over £70m.
    Airman please clarify, what you are suggesting.
    The Aussies/Americans are discussing a £70M deal ?
    Alternatively, how much is their deal for and you are saying other recent enquirers have been quoted £70M to deter them ?
    De Turck quoted over £70m to a credible interested party, which abruptly ended their interest.
    Is that how businesses this size are sold then?

I thought they went up for a price and people came in to make offers. A bit like buying a......... bungalow.
    A more accurate analogy, considering that the current owner has nothing upstairs
  • Whatever LDT reminds you of, this thread has become a bit...
  • Suppose it's the hope that kills you.
  • edited January 2019
  • Sponsored links:

• Just Googled STD, but will prob get a ban if I share what I see
  • edited January 2019

Just Googled STD, but will prob get a ban if I share what I see

Subscriber Trunk Dialing?
  • ross1 said:

I think a lot of the posts suggesting no price has been agreed, no bid on the table and not having the money are wide of the mark. FWIW I think something is going down and it’s reaching a conclusion. That’s not the same as reaching a positive conclusion because too much can go wrong at any point especially when dealing with someone like Duchatelet. I do think the two “buying” parties involved are getting their ducks in a row and it will either work out or not in the next week or so.

It will happen in the next two weeks, I seem to have heard that before somewhere :smiley:
    That's it just be patient...;)
  • ross1 said:

I think a lot of the posts suggesting no price has been agreed, no bid on the table and not having the money are wide of the mark. FWIW I think something is going down and it’s reaching a conclusion. That’s not the same as reaching a positive conclusion because too much can go wrong at any point especially when dealing with someone like Duchatelet. I do think the two “buying” parties involved are getting their ducks in a row and it will either work out or not in the next week or so.

It will happen in the next two weeks, I seem to have heard that before somewhere :smiley:
    That's it just be patient...;)
    It’s funny how things can change when you least expect them to. Especially when you’re dealing with Roland.
  • Just got back from an interesting and constructive meeting at the Valley.

Pleased to see the page count ticking up.
    Keep up the good work everyone.
  • Just got back from an interesting and constructive meeting at the Valley.

Were you a day early?
  • Fumbluff said:

Just got back from an interesting and constructive meeting at the Valley.

Were you a day early?
    No, meeting was tonight.
  • razil said:

He can simply deny anything we put to him unless we have evidence

If he’s the honest guy that some believe him to be then he won’t be comfortable lying. And he might want to consider what evidence may emerge to expose him if he does.
    I'm aware that, until now, at least one member of the FF has stated he has no reason to believe that LDT has not been telling them the truth at the recent update meetings.
    That Tony Keohane was always going to be dangerous once he escaped from his short albino-panda suit.
  • Suppose it's the hope that kills you.

I hope so.

Otherwise it would be depression, suicide, drugs overdose, cancer, major organ failure and other much more depresssing matters.
  • edited January 2019
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!