Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Starting to feel like this is a performance piece and RD has gone full Joaquin Phoenix in I'm Still Here
  • JamesSeed said:

I think I’ll just wait until it’s on the official site 😬

I used to scoff, as I thought the debate was quite entertaining, but it’s gone beyond that for me now. It’s embarrasding if ‘the Aussies can’t raise the funds to buy the club, let alone run a 5 year campaign’.

The bottom line for me is that I don’t know if that’s true or not. It looks like it on the surface, but I think I’ll wait and see what happens IF GM’s lot buy the club.

Others are saying it’s different Aussies now. Is it? Again, it might be, but I think I’ll wait and see.

It’s awful to see all the arguments, and people getting entrenched into positions, when much of it is based on speculation and snippets of truth that may or may not come from ‘insiders’.
    There’s clearly something happening, and it’s good that Airman and co keep us informed when they hear things.

But for now I’m think of signing up for the WIOTOS mob.
    is this a well disguised backtrack James? :wink:

Welcome back by the way.
  • I cannot forecast to you the action of Roland Duchatelet. It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma; but perhaps there is a key. That key is Roland Duchatelet's interests. One day the key unlocks to the right, one day to the left.
    A magic key, which one day will fit, turn the correct way, the door will be pushed open and end the bolLOCKS of the last five years.

We all live happily ever after and go back to disagreeing about the merits of our new left back Vinny Vixen.
  • We are signing Vinny Vixen?
  • Mrkinski said:

We are signing Vinny Vixen?

Very good in the box
  • edited January 2019

JamesSeed said:

I used to scoff, as I thought the debate was quite entertaining, but it’s gone beyond that for me now. It’s embarrasding if ‘the Aussies can’t raise the funds to buy the club, let alone run a 5 year campaign’.

The bottom line for me is that I don’t know if that’s true or not. It looks like it on the surface, but I think I’ll wait and see what happens IF GM’s lot buy the club.

Others are saying it’s different Aussies now. Is it? Again, it might be, but I think I’ll wait and see.

It’s awful to see all the arguments, and people getting entrenched into positions, when much of it is based on speculation and snippets of truth that may or may not come from ‘insiders’.
    There’s clearly something happening, and it’s good that Airman and co keep us informed when they hear things.

is this a well disguised backtrack James? :wink:

Welcome back by the way.
    Thanks!

In a way, but remember my initial enthusiasm was shared by many. My meeting with GM boded well, and he was pretty confident that completion was days away. What was not to like?
    But that was in May.
    My honest believe is that it’ll all be alright on the night, but I totally get why many others are losing faith. Have lost a little myself.

Btw @Henry Irving , I think you dropped a vital ‘any’, or at least I hope you did ;-)
  • edited January 2019
    I doubt if Duchatelet would offer PV a deal at £700m to be honest. In any event, PV’s in no position to buy the club and the price was not quoted to him, but to a third party that had been in talks with LDT for a few weeks. It went up beyond £70m suddenly.

I don’t know anything about Usmanov either.
  • I see Vienna has been mentioned, so have Ultravox, put a bid in for the club?

I Believe its Mr X
  • Sponsored links:

• I doubt if Duchatelet would offer PV a deal at £700m to be honest. In any event, PV’s in no position to buy the club and the price was not quoted to him, but to a third party that had been in talks with LDT for a few weeks. It went up beyond £70m suddenly.

Mysteriouser and mysteriouser.
  • JamesSeed said:

Does anyone even know if talks did actually happen yesterday? I suppose we have to wait for Mr White’s show at 10am for an update.

If I’m not mistaken, Jim White stated that a 1.5 hour conference call between the Australian & American consortium took place.....the outcome is of course not known........as yet.
    No doubt someone else will confirm this as I’m not 100% sure where I picked up on that info.

You are not mistaken. It was tweeted this morning and I saw/heard it around 9am. JW said talks were "very positive" - but then again that's politician-speak for nothing settled.
  • JamesSeed said:

We'll consider your application to join #teamWIOTOS but we don't let old riff raff in.
    Well, I'm a member!

• Starting to hate the Aussies especially if there’s a sweetener for RD to sell to them and dismiss all other interest!
  • addick05 said:

JamesSeed said:

We'll consider your application to join #teamWIOTOS but we don't let old riff raff in.
    Well, I'm a member!

May I join the stating the bleeding obvious club?

Although it is only fair to warn you that I would request the immediate removal of any member that had started a speculative thread that had run for over 1400 pages.
  • edited January 2019
    addick05 said:

JamesSeed said:

Does anyone even know if talks did actually happen yesterday? I suppose we have to wait for Mr White’s show at 10am for an update.

If I’m not mistaken, Jim White stated that a 1.5 hour conference call between the Australian & American consortium took place.....the outcome is of course not known........as yet.
    No doubt someone else will confirm this as I’m not 100% sure where I picked up on that info.

You are not mistaken. It was tweeted this morning and I saw/heard it around 9am. JW said talks were "very positive" - but then again that's politician-speak for nothing settled.
    "G'day Roland your looking beaut for a man of 90"

"It is the brain, the little gray cells on which one must rely. One must seek the truth within--not without."

Talks remain positive.
  • Starting to hate the Aussies especially if there’s a sweetener for RD to sell to them and dismiss all other interest!

Don’t think that’s likely.
    If it’s true then ....

• Never any Arabs around with a spare £38.5 million when you need them , is there ?
  • fadgadget said:

I see Vienna has been mentioned, so have Ultravox, put a bid in for the club?

I Believe its Mr X
    Malcolm?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

I doubt if Duchatelet would offer PV a deal at £700m to be honest. In any event, PV’s in no position to buy the club and the price was not quoted to him, but to a third party that had been in talks with LDT for a few weeks. It went up beyond £70m suddenly.

Is that another clue James, Is Peter Andre involved now you little tease?
    Would fit in with the Australian Consortium !
  • JamesSeed said:

Would fit in with the Australian Consortium !
    Cue Jordan as new CEO....
  • I am resigned to the current situation only being resolved by a Charlton fan winning £120 million on the Euromillions, buying the club for £70mill ( or whatever the figure is that week) whilst keeping a ‘rainy day’ £50mill back for themselves.
    Then, they can ask that nice Mr Varney, who would run the club sensibly if they were given it for free?
    That way, hopefully we would get owners who care about the club and can bankroll it properly.
    Well, ok, it’s not likely going to happen, but then again, who could have ever predicted we’d get an owner who got a kid on a lap top to pick the team, and who prefers a good dance to a good win?
  • JamesSeed said:

If he is then its clear he'll want to bring in his own Manager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9p1m-Ywzcc
  • 3blokes said:

I am resigned to the current situation only being resolved by a Charlton fan winning £120 million on the Euromillions, buying the club for £70mill ( or whatever the figure is that week) whilst keeping a ‘rainy day’ £50mill back for themselves.
    Then, they can ask that nice Mr Varney, who would run the club sensibly if they were given it for free?
    That way, hopefully we would get owners who care about the club and can bankroll it properly.
    Well, ok, it’s not likely going to happen, but then again, who could have ever predicted we’d get an owner who got a kid on a lap top to pick the team, and who prefers a good dance to a good win?

I won bollock all last night...i'll keep trying and hoping :)
  • JamesSeed said:

I’d be the last to know. But I certainly hope so.
  • JamesSeed said:

We'll consider your application to join #teamWIOTOS but we don't let any old riff raff in.

: -)
    #TeamWIOTOS
  • edited January 2019
    addick05 said:

JamesSeed said:

Well, I'm a member!

I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I’d be the last to know. But I certainly hope so.
    That would be Insania!
  • addick05 said:

JamesSeed said:

That tweet referred to the talks that took place on Monday night I think.

Haven’t heard from anyone about talks continuing last night, so they probably didn’t.

Perhaps there’ll be some positive news tonight?

Like someone needs to submit a document to the EFL.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!