Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

Could we have a separate Talksport thread maybe?

Woaaah you've only been back a day and now you're making demands!
    That’s good mate!

• JamesSeed said:

Could we have a separate Talksport thread maybe?

Jesus wept.
  • ross1 said:

Heard a little bit of Jim White this morning and him and Jordan saying what a useless owner JD was, the way he treated Chris Powell was a disgrace. I reached my destination in the car then and had to go sorry. Did anyone else hear anymore

I am NOT the owner. Never have been.

Might be soon though.
  • JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Heard a little bit of Jim White this morning and him and Jordan saying what a useless owner JD was, the way he treated Chris Powell was a disgrace. I reached my destination in the car then and had to go sorry. Did anyone else hear anymore

Might be soon though.
    You have a strange sense of humour Jim.
  • JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    You have a strange sense of humour Jim.
    Very true.
  • JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    Mental block, how could I have got his initials wrong
  • ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    Ah, I just fell in.
  • Dizzle said:

Speaking of squabbling - White and Custis had a barney this morning apparently

https://youtu.be/IKr8pVHMOZ4

Edit: White leaves and comes back, watch the full vid

Van Gaal had a spat with Neil Custis and called him " Fat Man "
  • ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    Ah, I just fell in.
    Phew.

This FF meeting tonight. Does anyone think we’ll learn much from it? Lieven seems to be much like Katrien - very personable and a bit slippery.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    Ah, I just fell in.
    Phew.

This FF meeting tonight. Does anyone think we’ll learn much from it? Lieven seems to be much like Katrien - very personable and a bit slippery.
    You get a few bits and bobs, but few believe what LDT says anyway.
    I'm skeptical I have to say.
  • JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    Ah, I just fell in.
    Phew.

Covered End gave a good reply to this...
  • JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    Ah, I just fell in.
    Phew.

Personally, I dont think we will get much, I hope I am wrong, but it all seems to be following a certain trait, - theres so many bidders, still waiting for EFL letters etc, it's like a single tick on an Elephants ass, same ole same ole
  • Chizz said:

Dizzle said:

I don't listen to Talk Sport because I don't like their style.
    White doesn't come out well from that exchange imo.
    Completely agree re. Talksports format, its just hours upon hours of middle aged men arguing with each other, the bloke that is on alongside Darren Gough is one of the biggest bellends on the planet!
    Whereas, this thread...
    Is mostly old men and young boys.
  • Chizz said:

Dizzle said:

Completely agree re. Talksports format, its just hours upon hours of middle aged men arguing with each other, the bloke that is on alongside Darren Gough is one of the biggest bellends on the planet!
    Whereas, this thread...
    Not too young I hope. And if so, hope the oldies haven't got any chicken nuggets
  • Chizz said:

Dizzle said:

Whereas, this thread...
    Don't go there Canters.
  • Chizz said:

Dizzle said:

Whereas, this thread...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxCoBal3qSM
  • Dizzle said:

This is to my knowledge 3rd time Custis has had a row on air. Once with Hawksbee and Jacobs, then Ray Wilkins and now Jim White. Considering he works for the Sun and News International own TalkSport there could be a chance this is staged. Or Custis is agrumenetitive idiot
  • addick05 said:

bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

JamesSeed said:

I think I’ll just wait until it’s on the official site 😬

I used to scoff, as I thought the debate was quite entertaining, but it’s gone beyond that for me now. It’s embarrasding if ‘the Aussies can’t raise the funds to buy the club, let alone run a 5 year campaign’.

The bottom line for me is that I don’t know if that’s true or not. It looks like it on the surface, but I think I’ll wait and see what happens IF GM’s lot buy the club.

Others are saying it’s different Aussies now. Is it? Again, it might be, but I think I’ll wait and see.

It’s awful to see all the arguments, and people getting entrenched into positions, when much of it is based on speculation and snippets of truth that may or may not come from ‘insiders’.
    There’s clearly something happening, and it’s good that Airman and co keep us informed when they hear things.

But for now I’m think of signing up for the WIOTOS mob.
    We'll consider your application to join #teamWIOTOS but we don't let old riff raff in.
    Well, I'm a member!

I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!
    A fan of Groucho obviously!

Oh yes, in my mind a comic genius.
  • JohnnyH2 said:

Dizzle said:

This is to my knowledge 3rd time Custis has had a row on air. Once with Hawksbee and Jacobs, then Ray Wilkins and now Jim White. Considering he works for the Sun and News International own TalkSport there could be a chance this is staged. Or Custis is agrumenetitive idiot
    You would have had to go some to fall out with Ray Wilkins
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    Ah, I just fell in.
    Phew.

This FF meeting tonight. Does anyone think we’ll learn much from it? Lieven seems to be much like Katrien - very personable and a bit slippery incompetent.
  • JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    Ah, I just fell in.
    Phew.

He will repeat the usual stories with some embellishments ... nothing much new will come out of it because RD has him on a tight leash.
  • Replace “me” with him and it falls into place.

• Chizz said:

Dizzle said:

Whereas, this thread...
    ...And women and girlies
  • cfgs said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Dizzle said:

A few pointed that out to Custis on Twitter when Wilkins died
  • edited January 2019
    JohnnyH2 said:

cfgs said:

JohnnyH2 said:

Dizzle said:

A few pointed that out to Custis on Twitter when Wilkins died
    Talksport isn't great but I like some of their shows and some of their presenters, but when Wilkins died and the guy phoned in that had met him when when he was homeless (the bloke not Ray Wilkins) I got a tad emotional. Not all the shows and people that work there should be viewed the same.
  • stonemuse said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Might be soon though.
    Ah, I just fell in.
    Phew.

He will repeat the usual stories with some embellishments ... nothing much new will come out of it because RD has him on a tight leash.
    His source isn’t RD or anyone working for RD, as we’ve covered.
  • North London Rag says as follows:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!