Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Just left the meeting.

I was standing in for @killerjerrylee as Bromley Addicks rep.

Some interesting snippets but no huge revaluations.

More later as now driving home.

Thanks JW
  • Just left the meeting.

Sounds totally underwhelming....as always.
  • Just left the meeting.

Safe journey home mate... BTW that was a short meeting..
  • Just left the meeting.

They had already revalued by £30m+ :wink:
  • stonemuse said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Heard a little bit of Jim White this morning and him and Jordan saying what a useless owner JD was, the way he treated Chris Powell was a disgrace. I reached my destination in the car then and had to go sorry. Did anyone else hear anymore

I am NOT the owner. Never have been.

Might be soon though.
    Mental block, how could I have got his initials wrong
    Ah, I just fell in.
    Phew.

This FF meeting tonight. Does anyone think we’ll learn much from it? Lieven seems to be much like Katrien - very personable and a bit slippery.
    He will repeat the usual stories with some embellishments ... nothing much new will come out of it because RD has him on a tight leash.
    His source isn’t RD or anyone working for RD, as we’ve covered.
    I’m referring to Lieven not JW.
  • Just left the meeting.

Bloody bourgeoisie! Should have taken the bus so you could have written it up immediately ;-)
  • stonemuse said:

stonemuse said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Heard a little bit of Jim White this morning and him and Jordan saying what a useless owner JD was, the way he treated Chris Powell was a disgrace. I reached my destination in the car then and had to go sorry. Did anyone else hear anymore

I am NOT the owner. Never have been.

Might be soon though.
    Mental block, how could I have got his initials wrong
    Ah, I just fell in.
    Phew.

This FF meeting tonight. Does anyone think we’ll learn much from it? Lieven seems to be much like Katrien - very personable and a bit slippery.
    He will repeat the usual stories with some embellishments ... nothing much new will come out of it because RD has him on a tight leash.
    His source isn’t RD or anyone working for RD, as we’ve covered.
    I’m referring to Lieven not JW.
    Sorry, misread that.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

An hour ago a new bidder made contact,
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46811618

PV will have to try harder than that to fool our old mate Roland 😉
  • Just left the meeting.

What time do these meetings start? Must be difficult for some people to get there as I thought they didn’t even start till about 7.30pm.

• edited January 2019

Rudders22 said:

Is there a bingo card ready? What do you get for a winning line?

A night out dancing with Roly and Jim White.

He does look like the Angel of Death don't he? (the one on the right that is... watch out Jim.)
  • Just left the meeting.

Sounds totally underwhelming....as always.
    Chin up buddy don’t let it grind you down the boys are doing the business on the pitch right now silver linings and all that
  • So, bear with me.

The club were producing their minutes as I left.

I, and others, asked many of the questions raised her (even Golfie's) and pushed for answers. Some we got, some we didn't.

Of the five groups mentioned last time effectively three are still in the game. The European group didn't follow up on their contact although LDT wasn't saying it's over.

4th group (world wide) didn't produce proof of funds.

5th group seem imho to be outsiders but more likely than 2 or 3 started DD but not finished.

So that leaves the two front runners of the the Aussies/US group and the unknown Brits.

Interestingly I asked if Richard Murray was part of this group and was told "no, but he knows them"

RM was due to attend tonight but had to pull out this morning. He and Steve Gallen should be at the next full meeting.

The news via Jim White made the Brits "nervous" and according to LDT they still want to close the deal.

There is no exclusivity for any group and whoever is "1st to complete the deal gets the club"

The deal remains for the entirity of the club so all the assets, ground, training ground etc.

What about the 70 million dollar question?
  • Sponsored links:

• So, bear with me.

I, and others, asked many of the questions raised her (even Golfie's) and pushed for answers. Some we got, some we didn't.

Of the five groups mentioned last time effectively three are still in the game. The European group didn't follow up on their contact although LDT wasn't saying it's over.

5th group seem imho to be outsiders but more likely than 2 or 3 started DD but not finished.

So that leaves the two front runners of the the Aussies/US group and the unknown Brits.

Interestingly I asked if Richard Murray was part of this group and was told "no, but he knows them"

RM was due to attend tonight but had to pull out this morning. He and Steve Gallen should be at the next full meeting.

The news via Jim White made the Brits "nervous" and according to LDT they still want to close the deal.

There is no exclusivity for any group and whoever is "1st to complete the deal gets the club"

The deal remains for the entirity of the club so all the assets, ground, training ground etc.

IMO this was the purpose of white being spun a yarn
    I have to say, it does make me wonder.
  • So essentially, potential buyers are interested but not coming up with enough money / Jim White talks shite / Roland doesn’t seem to care if he sells the club or not .... all he knows is Peter Varney is certainly not getting any piece of any action ... and so it goes round and round and round
  • stonemuse said:

So, bear with me.

IMO this was the purpose of white being spun a yarn
    I have to say, it does make me wonder.
    Fits the Course that RD has taken throughout his reign

He drops messages out to smoke out what he sees as rats from within

He then puts fake news out there via multiple sources to see if people are serious players and to raise the price

And he gets to have a little bit of a laugh at those (us) who have embarrassed him

• The “Brits” have been around for a long time. If they “still want to close the deal” why havn’t they been able to do so ?

Precisely.
    If it isn't bad enough that the Aussies seem to be scrobbling around like amateurs for months on end trying to scrape together a deal, then the only serious rumoured competition appears to be hiding behind a cupboard frozen rigid with inertia.
    For chrissake shit or get off the bog
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!