Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is the meeting with the trust tonight?

Fans forum.

Fans forum.
    I hope we have some good questions lined up then!

Fans forum.
    I hope we have some good questions lined up then!
    The questions will be good.
    It's the answers that will be the problem :-(
    Cracking line.
  • edited January 2019
    Speaking of squabbling - White and Custis had a barney this morning apparently

https://youtu.be/IKr8pVHMOZ4

Edit: White leaves and comes back, watch the full vid
  • Dizzle said:

I don't listen to Talk Sport because I don't like their style.
    White doesn't come out well from that exchange imo.
  • The guy Jim is speaking to sounds absolutely pathetic! JW quite clearly is talking about the whole field of journalists and the bloke is so insecure that he misquotes him and throws a hissy fit
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

Completely agree re. Talksports format, its just hours upon hours of middle aged men arguing with each other, the bloke that is on alongside Darren Gough is one of the biggest bellends on the planet!
    100% this, that is why is known as "Talkshite"

The only show I will listen to on the channel is the H&J show, they are good value.
  • Let's hunt Jim White down like a wounded dog

I who never hunt down a wounded dog, if I found one I would take it to the vets
  • "Roland would you be interested in a 2000 acre sheep farm as part of the deal"

"Goeiemorgen, that is very interesting as my company makes little electric sparkly things which could be attached to the sheep backside to help see them at night.

"Do you want 4 sheep dogs included in the deal"

" No, No I will re-employ my young muse Katrien, she is a fit young women who loves being given the run a round by me."

Talks remain positive.
  • Dizzle said:

Completely agree re. Talksports format, its just hours upon hours of middle aged men arguing with each other, the bloke that is on alongside Darren Gough is one of the biggest bellends on the planet!
    Adrian Durham. Listen to that show on the way home from work cause of there features plus Darren Gough is actually pretty good! Durham has got a little worse lately in regards to shouting down people. Everyone has an opinion so might aswell listen and have a normal discussion about it.
  • bobmunro said:

addick05 said:

JamesSeed said:

I think I’ll just wait until it’s on the official site 😬

I used to scoff, as I thought the debate was quite entertaining, but it’s gone beyond that for me now. It’s embarrasding if ‘the Aussies can’t raise the funds to buy the club, let alone run a 5 year campaign’.

The bottom line for me is that I don’t know if that’s true or not. It looks like it on the surface, but I think I’ll wait and see what happens IF GM’s lot buy the club.

Others are saying it’s different Aussies now. Is it? Again, it might be, but I think I’ll wait and see.

It’s awful to see all the arguments, and people getting entrenched into positions, when much of it is based on speculation and snippets of truth that may or may not come from ‘insiders’.
    There’s clearly something happening, and it’s good that Airman and co keep us informed when they hear things.

But for now I’m think of signing up for the WIOTOS mob.
    We'll consider your application to join #teamWIOTOS but we don't let old riff raff in.
    Well, I'm a member!

I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!
    A fan of Groucho obviously!

• Dizzle said:

Middle aged men arguing with each other !
    CL is closing down because it has become too passé
  • Sponsored links:

• Dizzle said:

That is brilliant. Custis is a horrible man.
  • Dizzle said:

I thought White saying journalists (including himself) don't ask enough tough questions at press conferences(Man Utd in this conversation) and pander to the press officers rather than asking the meaningful questions the fans want answered ...
    I make Jim right
    Agreed, it wasn't so much what he said as how he said it and then he walked off mid conversation.
  • Dizzle said:

I thought White saying journalists (including himself) don't ask enough tough questions at press conferences(Man Utd in this conversation) and pander to the press officers rather than asking the meaningful questions the fans want answered ...
    I make Jim right
    Agreed, it wasn't so much what he said as how he said it and then he walked off mid conversation.
    He's a bit dramatic , i think he dropped the mic

Call him a Nazi, you might even get on the news
  • Could we have a separate Talksport thread maybe?
  • JamesSeed said:

Could we have a separate Talksport thread maybe?

God I hope not, we'll never get to 1905 that way
  • edited January 2019
    Heard a little bit of Jim White this morning and him and Jordan saying what a useless owner RD was, the way he treated Chris Powell was a disgrace. I reached my destination in the car then and had to go sorry. Did anyone else hear anymore
  • JamesSeed said:

Could we have a separate Talksport thread maybe?

tbf the Talksport chat is as relevant as 98% of the posts on this thread! Better than the fish puns.... I won’t be cod dead participating in that
  • ross1 said:

Heard a little bit of Jim White this morning and him and Jordan saying what a useless owner JD was, the way he treated Chris Powell was a disgrace. I reached my destination in the car then and had to go sorry. Did anyone else hear anymore

There wan't much more
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!