Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Fumbluff said:

Just got back from an interesting and constructive meeting at the Valley.

Pleased to see the page count ticking up.
    Keep up the good work everyone.

Were you a day early?
    No, meeting was tonight.
    Are you going to type your notes up tomorrow night or the night after that?
  • Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

Were you a day early?
    No, meeting was tonight.
    When I can be bothered. Nothing earth shattering, lots on the new website, income and expenditure, plans for the Valley centenary.
  • Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

Were you a day early?
    No, meeting was tonight.
    When I can be bothered. Nothing earth shattering, lots on the new website, income and expenditure, plans for the Valley centenary.
    ZzzzZzzzzZzzzzzz
  • I hope the FF members are taking notes. Need to ask LDT the justification for the price increase, why RD is turning away interest and who is spreading lie about done deals when it's clear that no sane person would ever meet Roland's crazy valuation.

Remains a willing seller! Lol
  • Why would he want to deter anyone though, it doesn't make any sense, once again it's hinted that there's evidence, but none is provided, a load of BS, imo.

When losing 1m a month surely you'd be willing to sell to anyone who meets the 'actual' price rather than dig your heels in and wait for a group who clearly don't have the required funding in place to get the deal over the line.

The aussies, have dicked around for a year, that's 12 months of extra loses RD has incurred, yet we're supposed to believe otther parties are quoted crazy numbers to protect them? Nah, not buyingg that for a second.

The figure of £70m was mentioned by our esteemed leader no less (@AirmanBrown). He said he heard it was quoted by LDT. Best ask either one if it's true.......seeing as LDT is hosting the Fans Forum tomorrow I would have thought it should be the 1st question asked.....

"Is is true that very recently you told a prospective buyer that the price to buy us is £70m"
  • Just Googled STD, but will prob get a ban if I share what I see

Sturgeon, Turbot, Dace.
  • Stig said:

Just Googled STD, but will prob get a ban if I share what I see

Sturgeon, Turbot, Dace.
    National Dyslexia Association

• Over £70m.

Maybe someday those who laughed and said I was crazy when I quoted that figure a year+ ago will stop laughing and instead maybe ask... how did he know that?

With that insight I have a better question, would you mind helping me with the Euromillion numbers so I can buy the club myself?
  • Sponsored links:

• Isn't it time we established a clear scapegoating policy for this latest episode of shambolic balls up and ensure it is based on the usual irrational prejudice and petty malice. The seven clear contenders are:

1. #JamesSeed. For returning to this site after a long absence, having contact with the hated Ozzies and generally being pleasant, well informed and reasonable.
    2. #airmanbrown for consistently, shamelessly and incorrectly predicting the takeover since 11 March 1803.
    3. STD/LDV/BLT for being a lacky and lickspittle of the dreaded Roland, for having no idea what is happening and lacking a proper name.
    4. Jim White who is obviously just toying with our emotions for his own sadistic gratification.
    5. Any random Australian (alive or dead) we can think of but in particular, Nicole Kidman, Kerry Packer, Rolf Harris, Les Paterson, Mel Gibson and Skippy the bush kangaroo.
    6. Any new signing with a dodgy beard
    7. Err.. that's it.

Also Noel Edmonds
  • Scoham said:

Money unlocked Monday, takeover by Wednesday. Today must be the day.

I hope so, especially as Roland has finally sent that pesky Varney and his ridiculous, well-funded and well-intentioned, English consortium packing. Pah.
  • Here we go
  • Scoham said:

Money unlocked Monday, takeover by Wednesday. Today must be the day.

I've just seen the headline:

"Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet ready to sell with Australian consortium in talks over potential takeover of League One club"

In fact it's some 1,454 pages back and written almost two years ago. The wonderful Daily Mail, with their finger on the pulse, even told us that "The potential deal for the takeover is believed to be worth around £20 million".

Such are the vagaries of greedy owners due diligence and inflation.
  • So Varney has been back in?
  • edited January 2019
    Valley11 said:

So Varney has been back in?

Tbh it’s a whimsical guess. Who else would RD raise the price for?

• Sponsored links:

• Welcome back James, you'll note all the nutters are still here.
  • edited January 2019
    At this rate , in 30 years more of Roland’s Charlton Athletic we will be (in Napa’s and Rolys crazy dead mind) valued more than Man Utd
  • edited January 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

Welcome back James, you'll note all the nutters are still here.

That’s not fair, it will be a comfortable 4-0 away win eventually!

PS This was not intended as a slight on Happy Valley who is one of my favourite posters :-)
  • Isn't it time we established a clear scapegoating policy for this latest episode of shambolic balls up and ensure it is based on the usual irrational prejudice and petty malice. The seven clear contenders are:

1. #JamesSeed. For returning to this site after a long absence, having contact with the hated Ozzies and generally being pleasant, well informed and reasonable.
    2. #airmanbrown for consistently, shamelessly and incorrectly predicting the takeover since 11 March 1803.
    3. STD/LDV/BLT for being a lacky and lickspittle of the dreaded Roland, for having no idea what is happening and lacking a proper name.
    4. Jim White who is obviously just toying with our emotions for his own sadistic gratification.
    5. Any random Australian (alive or dead) we can think of but in particular, Nicole Kidman, Kerry Packer, Rolf Harris, Les Paterson, Mel Gibson and Skippy the bush kangaroo.
    6. Any new signing with a dodgy beard
    7. Err.. that's it.

Leave Skippy out of this you vindictive bast'd
  • Sir Martin Sorrell normal?
  • cabbles said:

Here we go

You’re an hour ahead of us, perhaps you’ve heard something?
    I’m 13 hours ahead and not a whisper
  • Well I dunno. I'v slept on this £70m "deterrent" thing, and it just doesn't ring right somehow. But...it is Duchatelet, so with that huge caveat, here is what I would I expect based on limited M&A experience involving relatively normal business people like Sir Martin Sorrell

1. If you believe a buyer has reached an advanced stage, and you believe it's a matter of ironing out detail, you offer them a period of exclusivity, which generally would mean you would not process parties with other discussions.

2. That however need not stop you providing basic sale documents, provided you inform the potential buyer that a period of exclusivity has been opened.

3. It's worth noting that the spivs did exactly this with the Vienna based consortium in 2014. By the time they had themselves in order, Duchatelet, who of course did minimal DD, was advanced. Slater told the consortium, sorry you are too late, we are advanced. Normal behaviour, no drama. Slater didn't upset them in saying that, for obvious rational reasons. Indeed they came back in March to see if RD wanted to consider a Peninsula move.

Last night it hadn't occurred to me the identity of a buyer that RD 'didn't like". Now that I've been reminded of Varney, well, OK. Would a really good businessman turn people away on the basis of personal enmity? I don't think so. I think he would only do that if by selling to that seller, that seller might present an increased business/market risk to the buyer's other interests. Otherwise, if you lose your preferred buyer at the last minute, and the unpreferred buyer seems serious, why would you not try to get your hands on that buyer's money?

Doesn't smell right to me.

Any chance the Vienna lot could resurface this time around?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!